[closed]What is Buffalo's best option at Quarterback ?

HOUSE

My guy Manning is on the list, so I guess I'm not the only one that senses he can be separated from the Giants. I'd give up EJ, Brown and a #2 in a proposed trade in a heart beat. After that, a third for Cutler seems totally worth it. The only issue would be that with his contract they may not be able to keep the defense together. If that can't be done then just stick with EJ and draft some competition.

Edited by vincec

I like us signing Bradford or Locker and having open competition between them and EJ. I like Locker's big arm, leadership and toughness. Also I am not writing off EJ. He has great work ethic and attitude- and he still is 24 and practically a rookie. Hopefully he learned a lot this past season and put it all together. At any rare, any of the 3 have heart, something gutless orton did not

I like Tyrod Taylor. I wouldn't want to give up anything more than a 6th or 7th for him, however.

He's an UFA after this year. All a matter of $$. He made $645,000 in 2014. Bring him in to compete with EJ. If he beats him out, bet he'd sign for a song in a 2 year deal to start.

Looking at that list I go:

1. Eli (it will never happen)

2. Cutler

3. Locker

4. Sanchez

In that order. All should start over EJ. EJ can remain on the roster developing as a #2 for now....if he can beat out a young guy we bring in as #3.

Edited by MoreOffense

I think the Bills need to look hard at QBs from other sources since NFL/college market is so weak.

Look at CFL and Arena league to see if there is some gem which will work for a year or two but be prepared to not always run same Offense game plan to make it harder for opposing defenses to take away what what that QB does best.

Rex Ryan HC

Trestman OC

Sanchez in free agency

EJ and Sanchez compete for starter

Keep Schwartz and this combo gets us more wins than last year, which probably means playoffs.

My problem with Sanchez is that he is a turnover machine. He played 4 full seasons from 2009-2012. He finished in the top ten in interceptions and fumbles in all 4 seasons. For those seasons, he averaged 17 interceptions and 11 fumbles. I could live with that if he was putting up 30-40 TDs per year. Unfortunately, he only averaged 17 TDs during those seasons. He did that as the ultimate game manager in an offense under Rex Ryan that could not have been more conservative. This year in Philly, he played 9 games and had 11 interceptions, 7 fumbles, and 14 TDs. That put him on pace for 20 interceptions, 13 fumbles, and 25 TDs for a full season. No thanks

Anyone who wants to trade Preston brown for Eli or cousins is out of their mind. Don't !@#$ with the defense. Sign Hughes and searcy!

Agree on Brown. Trading for Eli (while improbable) would be great, but not at the expense of our LBs who are young, cheap, and explosive.

I don't love that list, though that about sums up my feelings on the subject of who will be available. I'd rather see Bradford than Cutler or Eli (only because of the cost of both those guys in comparison). Still, EJ will be our best hope for the immediate future barring a big move.

BJ Daniels

Drafted by Jim Harbaugh, spent time in Seattle.

Elusive, strong arm, quick release, tough, well coached, good character, humble, good family...

Played read option at South Florida...beat FSU in first game (Ask Nigel Bradham about him)

Think Russell Wilson's size with Ben Roethlisberger's ability to extend a play. Makes all the throws and create plays behind a less than stellar offensive line.

If one of the Seahawks' assistants ends up in Buffalo it would not be out of the question for them to give him a shot.

Now all the sudden I'm imaging Eli (who I never even considered before this topic). Eli would use Sammy and Woods as designed. If we added a TE and got better OL play we could (just saying "could") win the superbowl with Eli...like...as soon as next year.

Now all the sudden I'm imaging Eli (who I never even considered before this topic). Eli would use Sammy and Woods as designed. If we added a TE and got better OL play we could (just saying "could") win the superbowl with Eli...like...as soon as next year.

Eli? He's a Giant...