[please fix subject]Tim Graham

Virgil

No, it's not the fault of today's writers that the newspaper business is a shadow of it's former self. And you raise a great point about how papers like the BN are trying to reinvent themselves in the competitive arena of the electronic age. Not sure why that would contribute to a snarky attitude at press conferences though; you're either a professional or your not, regardless of the editorial philosophy of your employer.

Bottom line is that guys like Graham, Sully, and Bucky just aren't favored by their subjects. And it pisses them off and that feeds on itself. Remember when Sully made it a point to purposely walk on the Sabres logo on their locker room floor when he knew full well that's taboo? What was he trying to accomplish other than to DELIBERATELY piss off the people in that room? It's childish.

GO BILLS!!!

It is. I just don't equate Graham with Sully and Gleason. I think Sully and Gleason are always negative, bitter bastards. The only difference between them is that Sully has a sense of humor and is much better at his job and as a writer. Graham, on the other hand, is just a wiseass for the most part. People confuse his twitter life with his work life. He's just messing around with people on twitter. Sure he's obnoxious but he's messing with people. He just thinks he's funny and most people don't.

In his professional world he can go overboard but most of the time I think he's pretty good. He will get stuff wrong at times, and he's very eager to get stuff out so he sometimes contradicts himself when new information comes out, and he will anger Bills coaches at times with his questions, but as a writer he's pretty good, and he's not the same as Sully or Gleason.

That is all just my opinion and POV obviously. A lot of people think he's an obnoxious ass.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

sometimes contradicts himself when new information comes out

obnoxious ass.

He's a beaut alright.

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/bills-nfl/pegulas-get-involved-as-bills-begin-coaching-search-20150102

"A source close to the situation told The News that executives from previous owner Ralph Wilson’s regime – eager to maintain their power – badmouthed Polian in Marrone’s presence during the season. After Marrone exercised his exit clause Wednesday, he told Polian what he’d heard. Polian relayed that information while informing Terry Pegula on Thursday of his decision to remain an ESPN analyst, the source said"

So the OBD lifers didn't like Bill...big whoop. What do the peripheral administrative guys with no more protection from Ralph have to do with anything? Snap your fingers and they're gone. Poof! It's a brand new day.

Moreover, that's exactly what Polian's consultant role was designed to address. Look at the organization, pare the deadwood. And good old Battling Bill said...."Ohhhh! My feelings are hurt! I can't work there!"

My opinion of TG declines daily...

He's a beaut alright.

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/bills-nfl/pegulas-get-involved-as-bills-begin-coaching-search-20150102

"A source close to the situation told The News that executives from previous owner Ralph Wilson’s regime – eager to maintain their power – badmouthed Polian in Marrone’s presence during the season. After Marrone exercised his exit clause Wednesday, he told Polian what he’d heard. Polian relayed that information while informing Terry Pegula on Thursday of his decision to remain an ESPN analyst, the source said"

So the OBD lifers didn't like Bill...big whoop. What do the peripheral administrative guys with no more protection from Ralph have to do with anything? Snap your fingers and they're gone. Poof! It's a brand new day.

Moreover, that's exactly what Polian's consultant role was designed to address. Look at the organization, pare the deadwood. And good old Battling Bill said...."Ohhhh! My feelings are hurt! I can't work there!"

My opinion of TG declines daily...

Why does this impact your opinion of TG more than your opinion of BP? Bill Polian has a reputation as ill tempered, and sometimes making bad decisions in the heat of the moment.

[This is an automated response]

As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more descriptive subject lines. The topic starter can edit the subject line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.