This is a Wonderful day!

Fredo G.

Marrone gone- dubius in game decision.

Easily a 10 win team with anybody as coach....

Billed as- innovative , fast paced offense (should have checked personnel before deciding this)

Couldn't figure out how to use Spiller a real talent!

Most egregious.. Offensive line regressed....

Couldn't develop a quarterback

Oy Dougie, Dug ,Dougie....

Marrone gone- dubius in game decision.

Easily a 10 win team with anybody as coach....

Billed as- innovative , fast paced offense (should have checked personnel before deciding this)

Couldn't figure out how to use Spiller a real talent!

Most egregious.. Offensive line regressed....

Couldn't develop a quarterback

Oy Dougie, Dug ,Dougie....

anybody except Marrone.

maybe i'll submit my resume...

I would give mixed reviews to Marrone.

On the positive side, he brought stability to the team, established a championship calibre defense, oversaw the development of some emerging young talent (e.g. Henderson, Hughes, etc.). Whatever he was, Marrone was not joke or embarrassment. His team came out to play every week, and conducted itself professionally (more or less) on and off the field.

On the negative side, he was too conservative on offense, stuck by Hackett too long with an underperforming offense, was unable to develop a good starting QB, and oversaw the deterioration of the O-Line (his apparent specialty). He must have had a strong hand in evaluating the O-line draft picks, which (except for Henderson), were a complete bust this year.

All in all, I think we didn't lose too much in seeing him go. Marrone is a decent coach who, with the right lineup, could someday coach a championship team.

Edited by Tolstoy

Not sure why this loser Marrone 15-17 over two seasons gets so much credit for being innovative and great coach look at big games this year.Most players on offence regressed during his time and is anyone happy with punting on 4 down late in games that you are needing more then score.

SD at home L

NE at home L

KC at home L

Oakland on road L

Not sure why this loser Marrone 15-17 over two seasons gets so much credit for being innovative and great coach look at big games this year.Most players on offence regressed during his time and is anyone happy with punting on 4 down late in games that you are needing more then score.

SD at home L

NE at home L

KC at home L

Oakland on road L

The analytics may have supported those sound decisions. But we can't know for sure since punting on the 40-yard line involves proprietary information.

Losing Marrone sets this team back anyway you look at it. He was a good coach and he had this team playing. It was a smart move for him to walk away and collect his 2015 salary while also being one of the most wanted coaches. I believe he wanted an extension and deserved it. Unfortunately Mr. P was not going to to that at this point. Why? I don't know. Internal conflict? Waiting for a professional evaluation before he did anything? Or maybe he was smart enough to see this coming and has another plan. Hopefully it's the latter and we shall know soon. If not then this will probably be a major setback.

On the positive side, he brought stability to the team, established a championship calibre defense, oversaw the development of some emerging young talent (e.g. Henderson, Hughes, etc.). Whatever he was, Marrone was not joke or embarrassment. His team came out to play every week, and conducted itself professionally (more or less) on and off the field.

On the negative side, he was too conservative on offense, stuck by Hackett too long with an underperforming offense, was unable to develop a good starting QB, and oversaw the deterioration of the O-Line (his apparent specialty). He must have had a strong hand in evaluating the O-line draft picks, which (except for Henderson), were a complete bust this year.

All in all, I think we didn't lose too much in seeing him go. Marrone is a decent coach who, with the right lineup, could someday coach a championship team.

How exactly does quitting after 2 seasons bring stability to a team?

Really can't see him coaching up/developing a team to this level. If he walked in to a championship lineup like Gruden did inheriting Dungy's team, maybe he wouldn't mess it up. Maybe.

Losing Marrone sets this team back anyway you look at it. He was a good coach and he had this team playing. It was a smart move for him to walk away and collect his 2015 salary while also being one of the most wanted coaches. I believe he wanted an extension and deserved it. Unfortunately Mr. P was not going to to that at this point. Why? I don't know. Internal conflict? Waiting for a professional evaluation before he did anything? Or maybe he was smart enough to see this coming and has another plan. Hopefully it's the latter and we shall know soon. If not then this will probably be a major setback.

absolutely. it will be a mirace if this team finishes above .500 next season. to say this is a good day is wrong bordering on delusional.

if marrone had a QB an iota better than Orton this team would still be playing this week-end.

Edited by jethro_tull

Marrone hired great DCs and defensive assistants. He hired a terrible OC and offensive assistants. He made lose my cool more than a few times on 4th and 1. I didn't like his press conferences. He's approaching Rex Ryan's old weight. That's about all. Like AW said #Deuces

absolutely. it will be a mirace if this team finishes above .500 next season. to say this is a good day is wrong bordering on delusional.

if marrone had a QB an iota better than Orton this team would still be playing this week-end.

Hahaha! You've got to be kidding. Did you watch any of the games this season? While Orton isn't great, he had no line to help him. Fix O line problems and you win more games. If Maronne actually had situational awareness they would've won more games. He was flat out inept, plain and simple.