What About Miller?

Mark80

This would obviously be a very dark horse selection at QB for the Bills but does anyone else want to entertain the thought of us taking Braxton Miller?

With the emergence of JT Barrett this year, I find it hard to believe that the Buckeyes would go back to Miller next season. If he knows he is no longer considered the starter, it would make sense for him to enter the draft.

Now, coming off shoulder surgery I'm sure many teams would be skeptical and even completely take them off their draft boards, with good reason. But if we could snag him in a 6 or 7th round pick scenario, I would be all over it.

Granted, this kid is not the answer for next season and still needs development time which I'm sure most of you are not on board with, but he has a tremendous arm, is an unbelievable athlete and has shown nice progression from year to year while at Ohio State improving his completion %, TD/INT ratio, and passer rater each season and he can flat out make things happen out of the pocket and has decent size to be able to take a hit.

Anyone else liking this?

ughhhhh braxton miller is not a nfl qb..... just watch him he's very tebow like and from the exact same scheme. no thank you. might be a brad smith type guy at his peak

actually not the same scheme. Urban changed it for him. Prospects as a nfl QB though are slim and no clue how that shoulder will hold up.

ughhhhh braxton miller is not a nfl qb..... just watch him he's very tebow like and from the exact same scheme. no thank you. might be a brad smith type guy at his peak

He has a much better arm than Tebow and a much better runner. Also, it's not like you'd have to give up your 1st, 2nd or 3rd for the guy, he would be available late. Again, he needs developing for sure, but his skills are there.

Prior to his injury he was considered a favorite for the Heisman and one of the top 10 QB prospects for the NFL in college.

No. Passing accuracy isn't all that great for a college QB. If you're going to go that late in the draft, I would take Bo Wallace all day before him. Better accuracy, bigger arm, better legs.

Did you really just say Braxton has no accuracy and then say Bo Wallace does and then say Bo Wallace has better legs??? That is a crazy statement.

Edited by Mark80

He has a much better arm than Tebow and a much better runner. Also, it's not like you'd have to give up your 1st, 2nd or 3rd for the guy, he would be available late. Again, he needs developing for sure, but his skills are there.

Prior to his injury he was considered a favorite for the Heisman and one of the top 10 QB prospects for the NFL in college.

Did you really just say Braxton has no accuracy and then say Bo Wallace does and then say Bo Wallace has better legs??? That is a crazy statement.

Yes. Look at their college career completion percentages, Bo Wallace 63.4% and over 60% every year. Braxton Miller 59.3% and only eclipsed 60% for the first time this last year at 63.5%. Y/A 8.1 for Wallace and 7.9 for Miller, so comparable there. Ratings both under 150, so comparable there as well. End of day, I don't really care. The NFL doesn't need another Terrelle Pryor. To boot as Yolo said, his injury is a complete unknown. Why would anyone take a shot at a below average college QB in the draft that isn't even healthy over someone comparable that is? Almost a rhetorical question.

actually not the same scheme. Urban changed it for him. Prospects as a nfl QB though are slim and no clue how that shoulder will hold up.

At least he went to Dr. Andrews for the surgery, if anyone can fix it it's him.

And, in reality, every single QBs prospects for NFL success are slim, unless you are a prospect like Manning, Luck, or Elway. The rest are just luck of draw and you never know until they are out there on the field.

Yeh...let's draft the next Troy Smith or Terrelle Pryor. Better yet Joe Germaine or Craig Krenzel. LOL. If I'm being realistic, I would take Bryce Petty or Garrett Grayson in the 3rd before I would take Miller in the 7th. I would be hesitant to take Miller as a UFA.

At least he went to Dr. Andrews for the surgery, if anyone can fix it it's him.

And, in reality, every single QBs prospects for NFL success are slim, unless you are a prospect like Manning, Luck, or Elway. The rest are just luck of draw and you never know until they are out there on the field.

true. But he had it repaired a year ago and then re-injured it on a non-contact throw which scares me.

He's not a smart QB in the film room but he is an elite athlete. He can make some throws but I don't think he is good enough passer to succeed in the nfl as a QB.

I believe he will come back to OSU but he does have two children and has already graduated. I think he should take the Denard Robinson route in the nfl and collect some paychecks as a RB. He would be a darn good weapon.

Yes. Look at their college career completion percentages, Bo Wallace 63.4% and over 60% every year. Braxton Miller 59.3% and only eclipsed 60% for the first time this last year at 63.5%. Y/A 8.1 for Wallace and 7.9 for Miller, so comparable there. Ratings both under 150, so comparable there as well. End of day, I don't really care. The NFL doesn't need another Terrelle Pryor. To boot as Yolo said, his injury is a complete unknown. Why would anyone take a shot at a below average college QB in the draft that isn't even healthy over someone comparable that is? Almost a rhetorical question.

A. Miller played as a true Freshman, Wallace did not.

B. If MIller played this season he would have blown Wallace's stats this season out of the water.

C. You also said Wallace had better legs and then completely ignored the fact that you had no idea what you were talking about when you looked up the stats.

D. Ohio State runs a run first offense so his stats are handicapped.

I would take Millers junior year season over Wallace's any day of the week and if you actually watched any Ole Miss games this year you would see that 2 of the losses were directly attributable to Wallace's idiotic decision making (LSU and Arkansas) and some of the wins were despite it (Memphis, Miss St, Tenn). But at least he did a really nice job of padding his stats vs Vanderbilt, Louisiana-Lafayette, and the powerhouse Presbyterian. I'd be surprised if Wallace is even drafted (not that I would be surprised if MIller was not, but you get my point).

Edited by Mark80

Yeh...let's draft the next Troy Smith or Terrelle Pryor. Better yet Joe Germaine or Craig Krenzel. LOL. If I'm being realistic, I would take Bryce Petty or Garrett Grayson in the 3rd before I would take Miller in the 7th. I would be hesitant to take Miller as a UFA.

So funny how people try to compare QBs just because they went to the same college. Those guys weren't even under the same coach. What college is rolling out the stud QBs these days? Can you even point to one college that has two good current NFL QBs? Didn't think so.