I may be bitter, but man am I happy!

I may be a pathetic, bitter Bills fan, but beating this team even under meaningless circumstances is awesome.

We all know Grumblelord doesn't like to lose, even in a game where he rested pretty much everybody.

He'll be mumbling threatening things to the backups all week long. I'm also sure Brady will be yelling at the backup wideouts and at his anointed successor.

Even if it's just a little extra stress for them, hopefully it will add up to yet another playoff or Superbowl loss.

.....definitely going to be an interesting off season!

The only thing second to getting to the playoffs, at the stage this team is at, is a winning season and beating NE at Gillette. Period. For me, anyway.

They didn't care guys. How you can get happy over it is an sad indictment on how some Bills fans can view such a meaningless Bills win against the Garapolo led Patriots as something genuine.

They didn't care guys. How you can get happy over it is an sad indictment on how some Bills fans can view such a meaningless Bills win against the Garapolo led Patriots as something genuine.

because in the past the Bills still lose that game. Regardless of whether the Pats cared. Regardless who did and didn't play. Did you see the prediction thread? We knew Crappollo was playing the 2nd half and most thought we'd still get blown out. Remember we are down some of our best players too.

I don't judge fans who aren't excited. I get it. But I am because I think the team is headed in a good direction for once. I choose to look forward.

The only thing second to getting to the playoffs, at the stage this team is at, is a winning season and beating NE at Gillette. Period. For me, anyway.

I've gotta admit those are distant, distant seconds for me.

Best since 2004 - another underachieving season - rings hollow.

because in the past the Bills still lose that game. Regardless of whether the Pats cared. Regardless who did and didn't play. Did you see the prediction thread? We knew Crappollo was playing the 2nd half and most thought we'd still get blown out. Remember we are down some of our best players too.

I don't judge fans who aren't excited. I get it. But I am because I think the team is headed in a good direction for once. I choose to look forward.

while i appreciate your perspective, i don't see much changing in the approach or at QB. That definitely leaves me less inspired.

i don't think they "underachieved." They had no QB. I thought they would go 9-7. I thought they would be a WC contender but not get in. Nothing was surprising

Underachievers are teams with a QB. SD, NO, falcons if they don't make it.

while i appreciate your perspective, i don't see much changing in the approach or at QB. That definitely leaves me less inspired.

interestingly as I see it as the opposite with this new ownership and personnel decisions. I anticipate change at QB. Edited by YoloinOhio

Just like teams who win games due to an easy schedule will tell you "we can only play who's on our schedule" I say we can only beat the players they decide to put in against us. We won at NE, and while yes it would have been much more satisfying to beat NE in a meaningful game with Tom Brady in the entire game if this is the best I can get I'm happy with it. Go Bills!

i don't think they "underachieved." They had no QB. I thought they would go 9-7. I thought they would be a WC contender but not get in. Nothing was surprising

Underachievers are teams with a QB. SD, NO, falcons if they don't make it.

I see it both ways. Even with the dearth of production at QB, there were opportunities to win games, most notably against KC. There is so much talent in so many areas that a shade of difference at QB certainly would have put them over the top. I think they underachieved relative to that talent, and that there were chances that weren't taken, mismatches that weren't exploited.

I hope, of course, that you're right. :)

I see it both ways. Even with the dearth of production at QB, there were opportunities to win games, most notably against KC. There is so much talent in so many areas that a shade of difference at QB certainly would have put them over the top. I think they underachieved relative to that talent, and that there were chances that weren't taken, mismatches that weren't exploited.

I hope, of course, that you're right. :)

In the end, it was wash . . . there are also at least two games we could have (should have) lost: Detroit, Minnesota.

Yes, certainly a better QB would help; but really, the achilles heel of this team the entire season was the Offensive Line. Everything else being the same, and just average play from the online, and this team is in the play-offs.

But I am because I think the team is headed in a good direction for once. I choose to look forward.

The team appears headed for another year in Marroneville. Ugh.

I don't see how Pegula can really fire him although he should be fired. 9-7 is 9-7 even if the coach has shown he needs the best defense in team history for his "cutting edge" offense to be over .500. If we can maintain a league wide top 3 defense for 6 more years, Marrone's offense might squeak us into the playoffs once. If Whaley is sent packing, I'd bet his new team wins a playoff game before any team Marrone coaches.

For one reason, because they have traditionally lost games like this in the past. Clearly a different team and attitude than in the past, and if you can't see that, you are not paying attention. By the way, they were up 17 - 6 at the half with Tom Brady playing.

For one reason, because they have traditionally lost games like this in the past. Clearly a different team and attitude than in the past, and if you can't see that, you are not paying attention. By the way, they were up 17 - 6 at the half with Tom Brady playing.

...and the Bills starters lost 3-0 against the Pats backups.

Sorry fellas, but enjoying this win is like a Pats fan circa early 90s enjoying beating the Bills backups in week 16. Get a grip. This win is about as hollow as it gets.

...and the Bills starters lost 3-0 against the Pats backups.

Sorry fellas, but enjoying this win is like a Pats fan circa early 90s enjoying beating the Bills backups in week 16. Get a grip. This win is about as hollow as it gets.

Still a football game that both teams wanted to win. Yeah, Patsies rested a few guys and Bills had Dareus and both starting CBs out but still beat Brady in 1st half. Hollow win for sure, but still a win and gets the monkey off our back for losing in NE. Next year's monkey is playoffs. Difference today was the OL play. Orton had time to throw in the first half and made most of his throws. Second half we lost Cordy and played Cyril and we had no run game and poor pass protection. Upgrade the OL at any and all costs this offseason and we make the playoffs next season!

"...ended the Pats' 35-game home winning streak against the AFC, their 16th straight overall home regular-season run and a 17-gamer against the AFC East." Love it!

Edited by Bills Fan of Maryland

In the end Orton was Orton and EJ looked damn fine on the sidelines with his ball cap..i got no confidence that the Bills will win a meaningful game in Foxboro for the foreseeable future

Still a football game that both teams wanted to win. Yeah, Patsies rested a few guys and Bills had Dareus and both starting CBs out but still beat Brady in 1st half. Hollow win for sure, but still a win and gets the monkey off our back for losing in NE. Next year's monkey is playoffs. Difference today was the OL play. Orton had time to throw in the first half and made most of his throws. Second half we lost Cordy and played Cyril and we had no run game and poor pass protection. Upgrade the OL at any and all costs this offseason and we make the playoffs next season!

"...ended the Pats' 35-game home winning streak against the AFC, their 16th straight overall home regular-season run and a 17-gamer against the AFC East." Love it!

No Gronk...next please