My 10 cents on the game.....

BmarvB

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No but you see everything good about the team is due to something other than Marrone. And everything bad about the team is Marrone's fault. Obviously.

Clearly. At least according to a few on this board. I'm not 100% sold on Marrone, but you HAVE to give him credit for the best Bills season in years.

Clearly. At least according to a few on this board. I'm not 100% sold on Marrone, but you HAVE to give him credit for the best Bills season in years.

Nope. Can't do it. The Moose has me convinced. Bring back the 5 wide set on 3rd and 1...Gailey and Fitz reunite in 2015!

When you all hear that Dougie has an extension to his contract, go ahead and party. And when we go 8-8 - or *whoopee* 9-7 while missing the playoffs again next year, tell me how we can't "blow it up!"

I think Marrone gets another year. IMO there's two ways of looking at him:

1. Marrone got a winning season out of a team with a QB who was sitting on the couch until two weeks into the season.

2. Marrone wasted an elite defense by missing on the EJ pick.

Either way, it comes down to the QB issue. It appears that this coming draft class won't have a QB who is ready to step in as a rookie, and there definitely aren't any exciting free agent prospects. The problem has been, remains, and will be at QB.

When you all hear that Dougie has an extension to his contract, go ahead and party. And when we go 8-8 - or *whoopee* 9-7 while missing the playoffs again next year, tell me how we can't "blow it up!"

What are you smoking? Doug has a 4-year contract. He is in year two if it. I think he has done enough (just look at the record) to deserve year 3. Extension? I can't go for that at this point. But rotating HCs every two/three years is a path to nowhere.

Doug has a 4-year contract.

Under a previous owner. IMO, all bets are off regarding that.

As for rotating HCs every two/three years, let's get one, for a change, that isn't someone who has no experience or credibility as a head coach in the NFL as have been the last SIX who have led the team NOWHERE but home in the post season!

As for rotating HCs every two/three years, let's get one, for a change, that isn't someone who has no experience or credibility as a head coach in the NFL as have been the last SIX who have led the team NOWHERE but home in the post season!

Ok...who are the top 5 you'd look at for HC?

Edited by Bronc24

My $0.02 - these guys, good or bad, play for the HC, with passion. That's something we haven't seen in awhile. OL needs to be fixed, then you can make some judgements about how far you go with QB and HC.

They know that Orton is stopgap at best, so I don't get too worked up about it.

I don't see the "blow it up" scenario happening at this point, also, IMO, they weren't a "lock" to be a playoff team this year.

I enjoyed the season - it was fun to be a Bills fan again (you should have heard the Pats fans in the bar today getting all over Brady & company for dropping passes, missing throws, etc. - loved it!).

I think Marrone gets another year. IMO there's two ways of looking at him:

1. Marrone got a winning season out of a team with a QB who was sitting on the couch until two weeks into the season.

2. Marrone wasted an elite defense by missing on the EJ pick.

Either way, it comes down to the QB issue. It appears that this coming draft class won't have a QB who is ready to step in as a rookie, and there definitely aren't any exciting free agent prospects. The problem has been, remains, and will be at QB.

I think you mean bench... Not couch.

What are you smoking? Doug has a 4-year contract. He is in year two if it. I think he has done enough (just look at the record) to deserve year 3. Extension? I can't go for that at this point. But rotating HCs every two/three years is a path to nowhere.

Ultimately, I have no problem with Marrone staying. But he also has to recognize that the offense is not NFL caliber and take some ownership of the horrible offense... That we've seen for 2 consecutive years.

He needs to replace Hackett with someone that's not learning on the job... Something he used as an excuse for not playing EJ. If Hackett and this offense remains status quo, I'm pretty sure next year is wasted again.

I think you mean bench... Not couch.

Ultimately, I have no problem with Marrone staying. But he also has to recognize that the offense is not NFL caliber and take some ownership of the horrible offense... That we've seen for 2 consecutive years.

He needs to replace Hackett with someone that's not learning on the job... Something he used as an excuse for not playing EJ. If Hackett and this offense remains status quo, I'm pretty sure next year is wasted again.

I think you have to be blind not to see the offensive issues we have. There will be changes on that side of the ball.

My $0.02 - these guys, good or bad, play for the HC, with passion. That's something we haven't seen in awhile. OL needs to be fixed, then you can make some judgements about how far you go with QB and HC.

They know that Orton is stopgap at best, so I don't get too worked up about it.

I don't see the "blow it up" scenario happening at this point, also, IMO, they weren't a "lock" to be a playoff team this year.

I enjoyed the season - it was fun to be a Bills fan again (you should have heard the Pats fans in the bar today getting all over Brady & company for dropping passes, missing throws, etc. - loved it!).

Players played for Jauron and Gailey. Don't see that as an issue since Gregg Williams. Marrone crippled this offense with his mismanagement of EJ, the line, and letting Hackett call brutal games. But in the end, the QB position is still a disaster and M and K Williams are a year older. No playoffs and no EJ development. Marrone should be let go as the 9 wins are a mirage. They should have lost to Green Bay and Detroit. New England had nothing to play for. They could easily be a six win team with the only solid victories against the Jets and Dolphins at home.

Players played for Jauron and Gailey. Don't see that as an issue since Gregg Williams. Marrone crippled this offense with his mismanagement of EJ, the line, and letting Hackett call brutal games. But in the end, the QB position is still a disaster and M and K Williams are a year older. No playoffs and no EJ development. Marrone should be let go as the 9 wins are a mirage. They should have lost to Green Bay and Detroit. New England had nothing to play for. They could easily be a six win team with the only solid victories against the Jets and Dolphins at home.

We should have beat the Texans, Chiefs and Raiders. By reversing your logic, we should be a 12 win team.

It's great to see the Bills beat the Pats, no matter what the circumstances.

But I'm worried this may insulate Hackett & Marone from making changes. I still want Hackett gone and a new OC with a new vision. I think Whaley should be kept.

I guess we'll see in the next few weeks what comes of this. I'm very interested in seeing what personnel moves happen in the off season. I'm afraid that Freddy, who has played with great heart his whole career, has slowed down too much to be starting. I'm worried about Kyle and Mario W both getting a year older. Need to keep Hughes and sign Dareus long-term. Kiko comes back, so that should be like getting a #1 draft choice at linebacker.

I'd like to see some serious attention paid to the offensive line. As for QB, I have no idea what they can do that will insure better play next season.

What pissed me off about today.... We finally ran an end around reverse to Watkins. and We finally motioned Freddie out of the backfield, spread the defense out and then ran Boobie up the middle for a TD on 3rd and short.

2 plays on our 2nd scoring drive. 2 plays I'be waited all season to see! So why did it take all season to bring out these two, well-designed plays?

As I have said elsewhere. I want to see Hackett somewhere so I can really evaluate his mind... versus any Marrone influence what so ever. I really question, is Hackett, in his own, really this bad?

Right...none of our last six coaches had any head-coaching credibility in the NFL. I think Jauron's 2001 Coach of the Year award has something to say to you.

Go back and look at all the pre-season predictions for how this team was going to do. Very few people thought they would sniff the playoffs, let alone be 9-7. Hell, if you had told me pre-season we'd go 9-7 but miss the playoffs, I would have taken it. Call that "loser's mentality" if you want, but I call it improvement, and it happened under Marrone. With a few tweaks this team could be a real contender next year, and that has me excited.

What pissed me off about today.... We finally ran an end around reverse to Watkins. and We finally motioned Freddie out of the backfield, spread the defense out and then ran Boobie up the middle for a TD on 3rd and short.

2 plays on our 2nd scoring drive. 2 plays I'be waited all season to see! So why did it take all season to bring out these two, well-designed plays?

Hackett has been saving that end-around to Watkins all year. We must have faked it 20 times during the year. Saved it so we could convert that critical 2nd and 4 against the Pats in week 17.