My 10 cents on the game.....

BmarvB

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To add to the original list, this game finally puts an end to the 0 for always at Gillette Stadium. At some point, a road game in NE is going to mean something, and when that happens I'm glad they won't also have to deal with that storyline again.

Very good point(s).

9-7 (first winning season in 10 years), 4-2 in the division. 3 HOF QB's held in check in December, meaningful games in December capped off with a win in New England. Accomplished with slightly average QB play, an inconsistent O-line, and a struggling OC who's still learning.

Get off Marrone's back, he deserves another year!!

Fred Jackson is done, too slow and is a big reason why we cannot run the ball.How many big plays did we get from the running game this year? Yes bring him back perhaps one more year as a role player only, you cannot expect him to be your main back and grow on offense.

He shouldn't touch the ball more than 2 or 3 times/game. He is that bad. When he gets the ball, it's like giving up on the play. I don't think he even averaged 4 yards/run this year.

He shouldn't touch the ball more than 2 or 3 times/game. He is that bad. When he gets the ball, it's like giving up on the play. I don't think he even averaged 4 yards/run this year.

If only we could put CJ Spiller's legs with Fred's heart and head.

If only we could put CJ Spiller's legs with Fred's heart and head.

We had this discussion while watching the game today. Why did Spiller bother to come back this year? He is nowhere near 100%. He certainly isn't doing his FA value any good by playing injured, and actually risks further injury? Because he is a football player, that's why. I don't think Spiller lacks heart. He definitely isn't a natural blocker or power back, but has tried to get better at both. He's had plenty of opportunities to complain about his role, but hasn't done so---ever as far as I can remember. He may not be back, and at the salary he may get in FA it may not be the best decision for the Bills to bring him back. But don't tell me the guy doesn't have heart.

We had this discussion while watching the game today. Why did Spiller bother to come back this year? He is nowhere near 100%. He certainly isn't doing his FA value any good by playing injured, and actually risks further injury? Because he is a football player, that's why. I don't think Spiller lacks heart. He definitely isn't a natural blocker or power back, but has tried to get better at both. He's had plenty of opportunities to complain about his role, but hasn't done so---ever as far as I can remember. He may not be back, and at the salary he may get in FA it may not be the best decision for the Bills to bring him back. But don't tell me the guy doesn't have heart.

Never meant to imply that CJ didn't have heart. The man has always played with passion.

Just that Fred seems to have made an entire career by playing smart and hard, even without the freakish athletic gifts of many players.

Ever watch Belichick?

Or Tom Landry?

Regarding Freddie, sure he has lost a step but he still gets the tough yards when needed. The man deserves to finish his career on his own terms including a trip to the playoffs next year, and that should happen with a decent OL and OC.

As for Whaley/Marrone, as fans we get caught up in analyzing the minutiae. The consensus from those who observe the Bills from the outside is that this is a team on the rise and that implementing wholesale changes in the front office would be a mistake. The obvious weaknesses with the OL and QB will be addressed. Key players on defense will be re-signed. That said, watching Hughes today I couldn't help but think of Bryce Paup. Hughes is a product of the system and if he signs a massive contract elsewhere he will be viewed as a disappointment. Whaley will offer him a decent contract but, like he did with Byrd, will not overpay.

Looking forward to next season!