Ack! Willis McGahee

stevewin

Well - at least it's not on a beach... :(

1. CELEBRITY FLAG FOOTBALL (Jacksonville University's Milne Field, Feb. 5) NFL stars past (Roger Staubach) and present (Bills' Willis McGahee) go deep. Doug Flutie and The Flutie Brothers band provide halftime entertainment.

SB events

WHAT? They need to build in safety nets into these guys' contracts not allowing this stuff, whether it's for a benefit or whatever. It would be our luck he gets hurt......

He has done a remarkable job rehabbing and has a great attitude from all that i read. I am looking forward to him running for 1200+ next season. With JP at the helm.

With all due respeck, yo, ol' boy jus had his knee fixed.

227989[/snapback]

I'm pretty sure I saw him playing in the NFL on Sundays this past season - proving that his knee is in fact, fixed. Believe it or not, it's actually important for athletes to remain in shape in the offseason. That means actually practicing cutting and avoiding obstacles while running fast. I guess he shouldn't be doing that either?

Walter Payton used to do that by running everyday on a beach until he puked and then running hill sprints on sand dunes. You ever remember him being hurt?

If this were after LAST season, there'd be a story here.

I'm pretty sure I saw him playing in the NFL on Sundays this past season - proving that his knee is in fact, fixed.  Believe it or not, it's actually important for athletes to remain in shape in the offseason.  That means actually practicing cutting and avoiding obstacles while running fast.  I guess he shouldn't be doing that either?

Walter Payton used to do that by running everyday on a beach until he puked and then running hill sprints on sand dunes.  You ever remember him being hurt?

If this were after LAST season, there'd be a story here.

228017[/snapback]

good point darin, its just whenever i hear runningback and anytype of celeb football game, i instantly think robert edwards...damn that guy was gonna be really good...

You've obviously never heard a Don Criqui commentary.  That is one of his many mis-nomers that he has labled on Bills players this year.

228079[/snapback]

On buffalobills.com, in there media section, they have an interview with Jim Kelly where he calls Thurman, "Thurman Thompson."

I guess it happens...

They had him on the news playing in a flag football game this past weekend. He had an event in his old Miami neighborhood for the kids. A bunch of Dolphins were there, too.

I thought about Edwards, too. Then I thought about how Jim Kelly twisted his ankle playing golf one off-season. It happens.

good point darin, its just whenever i hear runningback and anytype of celeb football game, i instantly think robert edwards...damn that guy was gonna be really good...

228062[/snapback]

That was a damn shame. The Pats made a nice effort to let him rehab and come back, but he wasn't even close.

I think he had a cup of coffee with Miami after that.