Orton to start vs Pats*

TheFunPolice

I don't think it matters, after what I saw last week, they are gonna get ran off the field, much like most recent games in Foxboro.

As far as EJ goes, to think he "improved" while watching Orton, I wouldn't expect a major change in his game. EJ is what he is, and will be, poor decision making, injury prone, and inaccurate.

Sorry to be so negative, but I think I'm right.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't know man. Sure Orton hasn't been an improvement in PPG or the red zone really. But he racks up more passing yards, which translates to longer drives which translates to less time on the field for the defense. It requires a more in depth analysis than pure PPG.

I'll give you some in depth analysis. Did you know...

The 2014 Bills plays per drive and yards per drive are equal to that of the 2013 Bills offense? Time of possession this year is only 14 more seconds per drive than last year (a year when they used a lot of no huddle).

Yards per catch was more in 2013 than it is this year when Manuel started the majority of games and they did not have Sammy Watkins.

The numbers just don't support the Manuel haters false argument that he was a disaster compared to Orton. They are selling a fairly tale, a myth. But alas, that's the world we live in. If you say the same bs over and over again, people will start believing it.

I'll give you some in depth analysis. Did you know...

The 2014 Bills plays per drive and yards per drive are equal to that of the 2013 Bills offense? Time of possession this year is only 14 more seconds per drive than last year (a year when they used a lot of no huddle).

Yards per catch was more in 2013 than it is this year when Manuel started the majority of games and they did not have Sammy Watkins.

The numbers just don't support the Manuel haters false argument that he was a disaster compared to Orton. They are selling a fairly tale, a myth. But alas, that's the world we live in. If you say the same bs over and over again, people will start believing it.

What are you talking about? I have no Manuel false argument. I think Orton was more productive. This season, he was. Numbers support that.

2013 was a different year, with a different scheme.

Edited by FireChan

I feel confident we would be no worse than 7-9 with EJ. Go through the schedule and see what games we would have won and lost with him qll season. I did a month or so ago and i came up with 7-9 for EJ and 8-8 for orton. Not tryin to jump your discussion, its just what i have been thinkin

We would be 5-10 at this point if we had stayed with EJ and 2-6 at the bye which means season would've been over weeks ago . There is no indication EJ or the team would've recovered from the the tailspin they were starting after Houston. To assume the way EJ was playing that he would've made it past the bye simply because some of you hate Orton is ridiculous.

You made the comparison. I don't think it was a sure thing. You're sure EJ would go 8-8? Sure, like certain?

If not, is 8-8 with Orton worse than 7-9 with EJ? 6-10 with EJ? etc. etc.

Anything short of playoffs with orton is worse than pretty much anything with ej, probably

We would be 5-10 at this point if we had stayed with EJ and 2-6 at the bye which means season would've been over weeks ago . There is no indication EJ or the team would've recovered from the the tailspin they were starting after Houston. To assume the way EJ was playing that he would've made it past the bye simply because some of you hate Orton is ridiculous.

At this point were all just making up scenarios that fit our opinions. But your guess is as good as mine. Im seeing 7-9 after looking at the schedule again.

Completely disagree. Once EJ was benched, we were evaluating Orton as the answer. EJ would have been competing for the job next year regardless.

If this coaching staff ever thought Orton was an answer, they should be fired right away. We have 9 years of him not being the answer.

He went 6-0 with Denver and somehow missed the playoffs.

Yeah, this means nothing. What happened against Miami, Orton and Manuel's only common opponent?

We score tds in every one of EJ's starts. We failed to do so in 2 of Orton's.

If this coaching staff ever thought Orton was an answer, they should be fired right away. We have 9 years of him not being the answer.

He went 6-0 with Denver and somehow missed the playoffs.

Yeah, this means nothing. What happened against Miami, Orton and Manuel's only common opponent?

We score tds in every one of EJ's starts. We failed to do so in 2 of Orton's.

Answer for 2015.

Honestly for me its getting harder and harder to be in support of EJ, just because it seems like everyone from national media to the average peanut gallery poster here on tbd, just thinks he rots. And ive been as supportive as anyone of him. Im starting to feel like a papaya here.

If Orton beats out EJ to start the season, im done with him.

Edited by mastershake

Answer for 2015.

You were asking the wrong question if you thought orton is a multi year answer.

He's at best a stopgap til you find someone else, and while you aggressively chase all viable options. the orton book was written.

Edited by NoSaint

If they are trying to find out if orton was the answer for 15 they were wrong before they started. Orton was the known floor for the position not the questionable upside

Right. But his floor was higher than EJ's when they made the switch. So 2014 was about trying to get into the playoffs with a known commodity in Orton. Had we done that, he'd be starting next year. Since we did not, the position is a question mark and we will probably pursue other options.