The week prior to the SB seems to be

Rayzer32

What is with the bad karma for certain players leading up to the SB. I recall these few incidents in recent memory. Feel free to add more.

Ray Buchanan getting popped humping a prostitute days before the SB.

Barrett Robbins going on a major drunk and dissappearing before the Raiders SB.

Ray Lewis accused of shooting someone.

Tom Brady's grandmother taking a pass.

I know most of these are brought on by the player themselves getting into that situation, but why right before the big game?? At least Rae Carruth plotted to have his wife killed during a down time of the year. These guys are whacked.

I don't remember who it was, but it definitely wasn't Ray Buchanan. I've always liked that little bastard and would remember if it was him.

And whoever it was got nailed when he asked for a "mouthie". :(

I don't remember who it was, but it definitely wasn't Ray Buchanan. I've always liked that little bastard and would remember if it was him.

And whoever it was got nailed when he asked for a "mouthie".  :(

227854[/snapback]

Mr Eugene Robinson, c'mon down...

What is with the bad karma for certain players leading up to the SB.  I recall these few incidents in recent memory.  Feel free to add more.

I know most of these are brought on by the player themselves getting into that situation, but why right before the big game??  At least Rae Carruth plotted to have his wife killed during a down time of the year.  These guys are whacked.

227848[/snapback]

My only issue with your post is that 3 of those 4 were self-induced issues, unless Tom Brady was missing for most of the day that his Grandmother passed away.

Don't forget the Bengal in '88 who did drugs and missed the game...

However, most of these examples aren't bad luck, they're lack of self control...

CW

227861[/snapback]

That was Stanley Wilson.

What is with the bad karma for certain players leading up to the SB.  I recall these few incidents in recent memory.  Feel free to add more.

I know most of these are brought on by the player themselves getting into that situation, but why right before the big game??  At least Rae Carruth plotted to have his wife killed during a down time of the year.  These guys are whacked.

227848[/snapback]

When you have over 100 guys collectively playing in the Bowl some sh-t is bound to happen to at least one of them.