OK.. OFFSEASON WISH LIST/ PRIORTIES TIME

Bocephuz

It's the most inevitable time of the year.. no not XMas.. but the annual in season postseason elimination game has mercifully happened for the Bills and it's time to look forward. At least it was in week 16 this year ( past few years it's been like week 10)

Below is my dream wish list ( regardless of whether or not they may be realistic opportunities)

Also including a list of who the Bills should let go/ not re-sign.

What's on your list?

http://nfltraderumor...fl-free-agents/

FREE AGENTS

OG - Mike Iupati

OT - Brian Bulaga

DE - Jerry Hughes

QB - Ryan Mallett

CUT/ DO NOT RESIGN

RB - CJ Spiller ( luxury item.. not necessary)

MLB - Brandon Spikes ( too expensive ..Kiko will be back.. Brown and Bradham have been outstanding)

QB - Kyle Orton ( too expensive..)

It's the most inevitable time of the year.. no not XMas.. but the annual in season postseason elimination game has mercifully happened for the Bills and it's time to look forward. At least it was in week 16 this year ( past few years it's been like week 10)

Below is my dream wish list ( regardless of whether or not they may be realistic opportunities)

What's on your list?

FREE AGENTS

OG - Mike Iupati

OT - Brian Bulaga

DE - Jerry Hughes

QB - Ryan Mallett

CUT/ DO NOT RESIGN

MLB - Brandon Spikes ( too expensive ..Kiko will be back.. Brown and Bradham have been outstanding)

Agree with cut list (unless a trade can bring draft picks). Trading for a QB seems like it could be a possibility this off-season. Have to wait and see who's available. I like bringing Hughes back at a reasonable price. Free Agency is used to bring on some guys on the OL like the ones you mentioned.

Edited by moreproblemsthanOrton

Why would we cut Spikes when the plan this year was to have Kiko play outside? Keep our run stuffing linebacker, Kiko is an upgrade over Bradham.. We need to stop cutting good guys and instead combine them with other good guys..We don't have to pay a first rounder this year, so no reason to cut Spikes..I'd love to see both of them on the field together instead of saying "well lets cut one of them because we have too many good ones"Did you see bradham miss tackles all day yesterday or was it just me?

Why would we cut Spikes when the plan this year was to have Kiko play outside? Keep our run stuffing linebacker, Kiko is an upgrade over Bradham.. We need to stop cutting good guys and instead combine them with other good guys..We don't have to pay a first rounder this year, so no reason to cut Spikes..I'd love to see both of them on the field together instead of saying "well lets cut one of them because we have too many good ones"Did you see bradham miss tackles all day yesterday or was it just me?

Good point on the first round pick.

My cut/dont re-sign list.....

CJ

Lee Smith

Goodwin

Chris Williams

Pears

Brooks

Gay

Manny Lawson

Tuel

I do everything reasonable to keep Hughes

In the draft and free agency its all about getting a QB and Gs

I keep Orton for next year, that salary isnt that high and Im going into it knowing 2015 is the last year he is in my plans. I view him as a one year place holder, a bridge to the next QB and I dont think its Manuel. If we draft another QB in rounds 2-3, and I hope we do, it wouldnt be fair to this defense to start him and have a sub 500 record. Orton is what he is, but with a better OL he could get you to a wildcard. That would be confidence boost to a young team and hopefully in 2016 the new guy is ready to step into a good situation.

Edited by billsfan714

My cut/dont re-sign list.....

CJ

Lee Smith

Goodwin

Chris Williams

Pears

Brooks

Gay

Manny Lawson

Tuel

I do everything reasonable to keep Hughes

In the draft and free agency its all about getting a QB and Gs

I keep Orton for next year, that salary isnt that high and Im going into it knowing 2015 is the last year he is in my plans. I view him as a one year place holder, a bridge to the next QB and I dont think its Manuel. If we draft another QB in rounds 2-3, and I hope we do, it wouldnt be fair to this defense to start him and have a sub 500 record. Orton is what he is, but with a better OL he could get you to a wildcard. That would be confidence boost to a young team and hopefully in 2016 the new guy is ready to step into a good situation.

How much dead money would that leave on the books?

CBF

What's on your list?

FREE AGENTS

OG - Mike Iupati

OT - Brian Bulaga

DE - Jerry Hughes

QB - Ryan Mallett

CUT/ DO NOT RESIGN

I like your list and I think I would add a good pass catching TE and for QB I would try to get either Cutler, Bradford, Kaepernick, or even RG3

Cut/do not sign:

Spiller

Lawson

Orton (if he opts in it still saves money to cut him)

Chris Williams

Gay

Lee Smith

Extend/re-sign:

Hughes

Searcy

Dareus

Mario Williams (restructure by turning salary into bonuses with a one/two year extension)

Spikes (will come cheap)

Sign/acquire:

A legitimate QB (Cutler, RG3, Eli, Brees if the Saints get cold feet on extension, a few other potential options)

Iupati

Line depth on both sides

Julius Thomas/Jordan Cameron if not outrageous deals

Draft:

A QB

A guard

A TE if you don't sign one

A RB

Depth all over

I wanted to draft Baluga years ago. Might as well get him now. Iupati would be aHUGE upgrade. I'd draft another guard as well. Quarterback? I just don't know what will be available in rounds 2 and 3. I'm not all that confident in Mallett but what the hell...he may be all that is available.

• Spikes will not be too expensive. I bet he signs a contract less then $3.25/yr wherever he goes. I think he will stay. Sort of think he will be resigned this week, Even
  • Searcy is a key FA. Looking at our DB's and how inconsistent we have been he is worth having. Can't say enough about him.
  • Hughes is obviously worth it. I'd love to restructure Mario longer to get some on the front end there for this. I want Mario to retire here.
  • Iupiuoioiaioiio and Hoping with Bulaga. How much will that cost?
  • Draft Funchess is possible, play him like Graham. Draft Heuerman to play in the slot to upgrade Hogan.
  • Draft a QB in 3rd hopefully, but BPA all the way all day everyday
  • Stick with Orton for at least depth. Manuel may surprise us. If not between Orton, Manuel and a rookie this draft we are in good shape at the end of the year to use our 2016 pick on a QB. In the meantime our rookie can get experience behind Manuel and Orton. Manuel may emerge to get time and contribute as a starter now or backup later. The rookie may only ever be 3rd but in 2016 if we get a blue chipper in the draft we can have Manuel, a mid round work in progress drafted in 2015 and the 2016 rookie. That's the formula we need to stick to.

Notes to make you say Hmmm

• Legursky is a FA.
  • If we lose spiller wait until 2016 to draft a RB. Use FA this year if we must get someone. But Gray, Dixon, Brown and Jackson suit me fine.