Would Chan be an upgrade as OC?

BmarvB

I wouldn't mind having Chan back as the OC. He's used to getting the most he can get out of very little to work with at the QB position. Hell, he even got more out of the O-line. Outside of Henderson, weren't these the same guys who were here when he was coaching?

What do you think, would you consider him an upgrade over Hackett or no?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

He would be an upgrade over Hackett for certain, but then there should be better options out there after the season ends.

Should Titans HC Ken Whisenhunt get the ax in Tennessee after a 2-14 season (I doubt they beat Indy next week) he would be a top choice for OC. then again the Titans may keep him and draft a rookie QB with that #2 overall pick.

Miami HC Joe Philbin might be done after this season, as well as a plethora of OC's after the HC's get canned , Atlanta, Jets, Giants, Bears, Jags, Panthers, 49ers, Redskins, Bucs.

The Bills need to find the offensive equivalent of Schwartz for the offense, and then hire a senior adviser or president of football operations who will finally crap-can Urbik, Pears, and bring in quality talent for the offensive line.

Just out of curiosity, went to Hackett's Wikipedia page. What a joke. He's 35 years old and four years ago (four years!) he was Syracuse's QB/TE coach. Two years as Syracuse's OC qualifies him to be an NFL OC? He is utterly unqualified to be an NFL OC. I'd take Gailey in a heartbeat. I'd take Mike Martz in a heartbeat. If for some bizarre reason, he stays as OC, bring in a Gailey or Martz or someone similar as an offensive "consultant" like they did with Dick LeBeau in 2004. If I remember, that was the year we fielded the #1 defense in the entire league with the immortal Jerry Gray as our DC.

Buffalo Barbarian would be an upgrade at OC. But if that doesn't work out, there are always tons of available coaches. There should be no issue finding a competent OC.

If they have the same coaching staff in place next season, there won't be any reason to watch.

Just out of curiosity, went to Hackett's Wikipedia page. What a joke. He's 35 years old and four years ago (four years!) he was Syracuse's QB/TE coach. Two years as Syracuse's OC qualifies him to be an NFL OC? He is utterly unqualified to be an NFL OC. I'd take Gailey in a heartbeat. I'd take Mike Martz in a heartbeat. If for some bizarre reason, he stays as OC, bring in a Gailey or Martz or someone similar as an offensive "consultant" like they did with Dick LeBeau in 2004. If I remember, that was the year we fielded the #1 defense in the entire league with the immortal Jerry Gray as our DC.

Marrone's hires on offense remind me of the classic Greggo's notebooks of the best assistants in the game.

He might actually become a very good NFL OC one day. It's just not going to happen right now. Marrone could have brought him along as an assistant and slowly groomed him into the position under a more experienced OC. That might have served him better.

Marrone's hires on offense remind me of the classic Greggo's notebooks of the best assistants in the game.

Oh lawd, you went there? lmaooooooo :lol:

OAN, there's going to be way too much pressure on Marrone to fix that offense for him to allow hackett to stay. My money is on someone else running the offense next year, even if it means the order has to come from higher up the ladder to send Hackett on his merry little way.

Edited by BmarvB

Buffalo Barbarian would be an upgrade at OC. But if that doesn't work out, there are always tons of available coaches. There should be no issue finding a competent OC.

If they have the same coaching staff in place next season, there won't be any reason to watch.

Haha. We would have the deepest roster of terrible Qbs in the NFL.

His dad coached in the NFL so obviously he's qualified!

I don't get the Chan love or why people think he was such a great play caller. Do you forgot the spread formation and pass every time they were in third and one or two? What about the fact he basically ran the same few plays which were all short slants and pick plays. There are numerous other options but people continue to want to bring back a retread bc they only seem to remember those two comebacks.

No thanks

Edited by Max997

I don't get the Chan love or why people think he was such a great play caller. Do you forgot the spread formation and pass every time they were in third and one or two? What about the fact he basically ran the same few plays which were all short slants and pick plays. There are numerous other options but people continue to want to bring back a retread bc of those two comebacks.

No thanks

He made Fitz, SJ, Nelson, Chandler into viable NFL players. Spiller was one of the best rbs in the NFL under him. The oline was a strength.

He made Fitz, SJ, Nelson, Chandler into viable NFL players. Spiller was one of the best rbs in the NFL under him. The oline was a strength.

The oline looked better than it actually was bc of the quick short passes. Spiller had one good year under Chan.

Edited by Max997

It's amazing how short people's memories are. They were an average offense with horrendous offensive talent. That is the sign of good coaching. Chan got a lot out of average players and turned scrubs into productive NFL players.