UPDATED: Khalil Mack vs Sammy Watkins

negativo

Mack vs Watkins  

126 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you rather have?

• Khalil Mack
    • Sammy Watkins
    • Neither. Should have kept our picks.

Sammy's been a solid rookie receiver, but has hardly delivered on Whaley's "generational player" promise or price tag. I felt from the beginning Mack was the true must-have impact player, and he's been all that and more. He's widely considered to be not only the best rookie, but already the best 4-3 LB in the game. Not bashing Sammy, but Mack would have made this defense impenetrable. Maybe Seattle level impenetrable.

Raiders' Khalil Mack almost was a Buffalo Bill: http://www.mercuryne...source=infinite

Edited by negativo

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mack is having a great rookie season and I wish the Browns had taken him. But how many flipping linebackers do ya'll need? I think Bradham is just as good and you have Kiko back next year. Mack would be fighting for playing time.

Khalil Mack would have been awesome to watch defending Gronkowski twice a year. But our needs last offseason were clearly on offense

If you had Kiko this year, that Gronk matchup would be much easier. Sucks.

Our offense is not appreciably better this year with Sammy. He's been solid, but nothing special. Stevie Johnson was putting up as good or better numbers during his run. Mack is the best 4-3 LB in the league. When we've struggled on defense it's been stopping the run. We'd have at least two more wins right now with Mack than Sammy.

That article was nonsense. Mack was not almost a Bill. The Bills were only after Watkins. They weren't looking to trade up just for anyone. They started at the top of the draft and called every team to see what it would cost to move up, but it was contingent on their guy being there, meaning Watkins available at the pick. That is why it was the Browns. Jax didn't want to trade because they knew they were taking Bortles. As soon as he went the Bills upped their offer to the Browns to take Watkins. Mack is a great player but he was not almost a Bill.

Our offense is not appreciably better this year with Sammy. He's been solid, but nothing special. Stevie Johnson was putting up as good or better numbers during his run. Mack is the best 4-3 LB in the league. When we've struggled on defense it's been stopping the run. We'd have at least two more wins right now with Mack than Sammy.

Bwahahahahahaha. reciever playing through injuries w garbagefest at qb is why ?

Can Mack complete 5 yard passes ? How's his spiral ?

Edited by Ryan L Billz

if the rumors are true and Gronks cap $ is too much for NE. it will be moot.

please lord make it so!!

The way Gronk plays, whether NE keeps him or not i dont think well have to worry about defending him for too much longer.

Nothing special? I think people forget he's a rookie and to doing what he is doing as a rookie is above average. I mean he's stats compare to Steve Smith in Baltimore this season. Think about it. I realize other rookie WRs are doing well too but that's not typical.

The way Gronk plays, whether NE keeps him or not i dont think well have to worry about defending him for too much longer.

Gronk is the center piece that makes the Patriots offense so deadly. They lose him they're middle of the road at best.

Justify that please, because I can far more reasonably say that we'd have 3 fewer wins with Mack than Sammy. Sammy made crucial plays against Miami, Minnesota, and Detroit that delivered wins. Please show me how substituting Mack would've meant (a) also winning those games, and (b) winning two others among:

SD

Houston

NE

KC

Miami

Denver

Gronk is the center piece that makes the Patriots offense so deadly. They lose him they're middle of the road at best.

Well i hope hes got his chin strap buckled tight for week 17 cuz were coming for him and hes gonna take some hard hits when he plays us. NE will win the division and we may be sitting home for playoffs, but that dufus is gonna be sore for their first week of playoffs!

GO BILLS!!!

Edited by mastershake

For those who voted Mack - you do realize that you would have still had to give up next year's 1st round pick to get him, right? You would have - dare I say - "mortgaged the future" - for a linebacker when you already had a bunch of very good young starting linebackers. I'm lost.

another way to put it is does Mack + John Brown (or Donte Moncrief) > Watkins + Preston Brown. To me the Bills got the better combo.

I would have like to have voted neither and had wished the Bills either stayed in their draft position or traded back to later in the first round and taken Beckham but hindsight is always 20-20. Whatever now - Watkins is a great talent handicapped by mediocre QBing. With no reasonable choices at QB for next year the Bills have to fix that O line in order to make a playoff run in 2015.