Derek Carr

YoloinOhio

Is the best rookie QB in the league IMO. Has anyone watched him? Great arm and pocket presence. Really hoping we get pressure... He struggles with that but looks very promising.

I've been watching the all 22s of Oakland's season so far (ouch) in prep for this weekend. Carr has more than impressed me, he makes all the throws and has good footwork. He moves well, throws from different angles making it difficult to bother him in the pocket. He's still raw in a lot of aspects (though more polished than most rooks considering his lineage and exposure to the NFL game) and has a tendency to hold the ball a bit trying to make a play. That hasn't hurt him much this year (in terms of taking shots from defenders), but if he does it Sunday he's in for a long soak in the ice tub.

I like what I'm seeing from Carr, Oakland can at least scratch QB off their long list of needs.

It depends who we drafted instead of Carr. Because I know I hate whoever it was already and love Carr halfway thru his rookie year.

Edit...

by the way it would be just like the team we used to be to come out there and let this rook put his talents to display.

It depends who we drafted instead of Carr. Because I know I hate whoever it was already and love Carr halfway thru his rookie year.

Edit...

by the way it would be just like the team we used to be to come out there and let this rook put his talents to display.

yep... This current team has no mercy for inexperienced QBs though.

yep... This current team fanbase has no mercy for inexperienced QBs though.

fixed

I hate that we are just fans. In the past we have been right a lot. But amazingly we have been wrong a lot more the. right recently

Who the hell is marquise gray?

I actually watched Carr a few times and for a guy playing on a bad team with absolutely no one to throw to he has more then held his own

Oakland is a weird mix of old players and really young players. They don't have many guys in their prime. They did have an A+ draft.

I actually watched Carr a few times and for a guy playing on a bad team with absolutely no one to throw to he has more then held his own

is it simply that he is better then what's around him? When I've watched him I couldn't tell. He had some good stuff going on but the amount of everyone else on the field sucking really made it easy for him to look better

I think Carr's draft stock actually slipped because his brother was such a disappointing high pick. He's looked good in the limited action I've seen of him. If the Raiders get the top pick next year, that could be interesting. Carr's played well enough with poor talent around him. Do the Raiders pick a QB at/near the top of the draft? Do they trade the pick away to stockpile for other needs and stick with Carr?

At this point, I'm just hoping Sunday is a lonnnnng day for the rook.

I think Carr's draft stock actually slipped because his brother was such a disappointing high pick. He's looked good in the limited action I've seen of him. If the Raiders get the top pick next year, that could be interesting. Carr's played well enough with poor talent around him. Do the Raiders pick a QB at/near the top of the draft? Do they trade the pick away to stockpile for other needs and stick with Carr?

I think they totally stick with Carr at QB and draft Amari Cooper or trade the pick for a kings ransom to a team who wants Mariota.

like most young qb's he has his moments a great throw here and there, he runs hot and cold often 40 or more attempts and under 200 yards including most of the yardage in mop up time with the game out of reach. Having said that I like his potential, like every other qb he doens't like pressure, moves around okay.

I can assure you that Derek Carr's draft stock had less than nothing to do with his brother. Simply no bearing at all.

GO BILLS!!!

I can assure you that Derek Carr's draft stock had less than nothing to do with his brother. Simply no bearing at all.

GO BILLS!!!

SET SNARKY ON

Wow. I didn't realize you had intimate knowledge of what was in the minds of the GMs and coaches of all 32 teams. Regardless of what numerous commentators were saying at the time, your assurance is all I need. Thanks. :)

SET SNARKY OFF

SET SNARKY ON

Wow. I didn't realize you had intimate knowledge of what was in the minds of the GMs and coaches of all 32 teams. Regardless of what numerous commentators were saying at the time, your assurance is all I need. Thanks. :)

SET SNARKY OFF

No snark intended. Sorry you took it that way. I don't claim my knowledge is intimate, but I am familiar with some things relative to the scouting process. And I say that knowing that anonymous posters on internet fan forums are full of crap, so I understand if you take anything I say with a bolder of salt. I'm comfortable, regardless.

GO BILLS!!!

No snark intended. Sorry you took it that way. I don't claim my knowledge is intimate, but I am familiar with some things relative to the scouting process. And I say that knowing that anonymous posters on internet fan forums are full of crap, so I understand if you take anything I say with a bolder of salt. I'm comfortable, regardless.

GO BILLS!!!

Sorry, I was the one being snarky and wanted to let you know. Seriously, I didn't read any anonymous postings or fan forums about Derek Carr. I did see numerous commentators on TV (ESPN, NFLN) discuss how teams might be shying away from him because of David. ESPN did an entire piece on how David's failures might affect Derek's draft status.

http://espn.go.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/10862080/sins-brother-derek-carr-learn-brother-david-busted-career

It includes a story about a coach asking Derek about why David failed. Why bring up his brother's failure when there are so many other failed QBs to choose from to ask him about? Sure, he might have insight that others don't because he's close with his brother but the coaches are likely asking because, being human, they are risk averse and failing with another Carr is more likely to get you fired than failing with someone without that dubious pedigree.