Orton Being Underappreciated Again with Bills

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ChrisTrapasso

Orton can't miss this throw on 3rd & 5. Clean pocket, well behind Woods dragging wide open. #Bills https://vine.co/v/OgOzUvD9jr1

This one really annoyed me, because so many blamed Woods. Woods is just getting momentum going forward, running hard and Orton throws it low, and behind him. Yes, Woods could touch it, but at that point in his strides, reaching low and behind him would be a very difficult catch. The worst place to throw the ball.

Orton wasn't pressured AT ALL. Bad, bad throw.

And by the way, a great call of a very nicely designed play from the OC, that had Woods wide open and he would have easily made the 1st down.

All Orton.

Edited by HoF Watkins

Tough route to run/not super crisp by Watkins, but another big miss by Orton. #Bills https://vine.co/v/OgOaedaAYza

Who's that running WIDE open underneath?

Looks to me like Orton not only made a bad throw, but had made up his mind to go with Watkins before the ball was even snapped. I thought that was a typical rookie mistake?

Who's that running WIDE open underneath?

Looks to me like Orton not only made a bad throw, but had made up his mind to go with Watkins before the ball was even snapped. I thought that was a typical rookie mistake?

Looks like Gray.

Orton leaves so many plays on the field. Too bad, because the much maligned OC seems to ALWAYS have guys running open for Orton to miss.

GO BILLS!!!

It seems like most of the deeper throws that are successful, are when it's designed for the WR to comeback for the ball.

I don't know WTH is wrong with Orton because earlier this season he was hitting deep shots with passes to Goodwin (@Lions) and Sammy (@NYJ) being examples. He is in a major funk.

I don't know WTH is wrong with Orton because earlier this season he was hitting deep shots with passes to Goodwin (@Lions) and Sammy (@NYJ) being examples. He is in a major funk.

He did seem better at deep throws, but he has been pretty bad overall. The Vikings game, that first Jets games...ugh, they were painful, yet so many rolled out "it's a win!". Yes, wins, but terrible quarterbacking. I'm at a loss as to why he hasn't been more consistent (at least more consistently good), I thought that's why you bring in a veteran?

Wasnt this pass directly into the wind at the start of the second quarter the same wind that had Rodgers passes outside of the hash marks way off as well in the 1st quarter ?

Dude, I'm not sure if you are related to Orton or something, but I'm done reading your rationalizations.

The Vikings game, that first Jets games...ugh, they were painful, yet so many rolled out "it's a win!". Yes, wins, but terrible quarterbacking.

I'll take a win with terrible QBing every day. We're 6-4 with Kyle under center. He's not doing that great, but we're winning for whatever that's worth.

"Winning is the not the most important thing. It is the only thing." -- Vince Lombardi

I have always believed that a QB with accuracy issues is a negative. To feel otherwise is irrational.

Orton misses targets on a regular basis. He is in the bottom 20% of starting QBs, and that is probably being generous.

The Bills have a Super Bowl worthy D and a garbage QB and Oline. It's a shame.

I'll take a win with terrible QBing every day. We're 6-4 with Kyle under center. He's not doing that great, but we're winning for whatever that's worth.

"Winning is the not the most important thing. It is the only thing." -- Vince Lombardi

They haven't won enough to make the playoffs though. SO dance around all you want, that is the bottom line. Winning championships is all Vince Lombardi cared about, and this team is not winning the Super Bowl. So why don't you apply your Lombardi quotes to that fact?

Vince Lombardi would consider this team a FAIL!!!!

And probably would have benched Orton by now.

Edited by HoF Watkins

He did seem better at deep throws, but he has been pretty bad overall. The Vikings game, that first Jets games...ugh, they were painful, yet so many rolled out "it's a win!". Yes, wins, but terrible quarterbacking. I'm at a loss as to why he hasn't been more consistent (at least more consistently good), I thought that's why you bring in a veteran?

Dude, I'm not sure if you are related to Orton or something, but I'm done reading your rationalizations.

WTF are u talking about ? I asked a question can you answer . All you seem to do is nitpick and me myself Im trying to work my mind around why you think we should have a great passing attack when we didn't have one last year and the Oline is crazily inconsistent.

You try and rationalize your hate of one guy while i'm trying to discuss how the entire offense can get better .

They haven't won enough to make the playoffs though. SO dance around all you want, that is the bottom line. Winning championships is all Vince Lombardi cared about, and this team is not winning the Super Bowl. So why don't you apply your Lombardi quotes to that fact?

How do you know we haven't won enough to make playoffs? That's still in question as far as I know.

You make a good point. However, teams don't usually go from 9 straight losing seasons to the Super Bowl in the following year. Some do, like the 49ers, but most don't. Most muddle around .500 for a few years before they break out. Saints did that before their Super Bowl run. Cowboys were 8-8 for 3 years and it looks like now they may have something.

We need a better QB for sure. However we're winning with the one we got. Not sure if it'll be enough for playoffs, but let's just hold out couple of weeks to make that determination.

I want a better QB, but would not be willing to bring in some guy that may or may not be better (Sanchez, Cuttler, Bradford, Locker, etc.). If we make a change it's gotta be for someone clearly better. Not sure who that is. We can win with what we've got. We've shown that.

Maybe I should have used my Bill Parcells quote instead: "I've never seen an ugly win. They're all beautiful to me."

Like it or not, this is our strategy with Marrone. Play tough D. Score on kicking teams. Kick FGs. Don't turn the football over.

How do you know we haven't won enough to make playoffs? That's still in question as far as I know.

You make a good point. However, teams don't usually go from 9 straight losing seasons to the Super Bowl in the following year. Some do, like the 49ers, but most don't. Most muddle around .500 for a few years before they break out. Saints did that before their Super Bowl run. Cowboys were 8-8 for 3 years and it looks like now they may have something.

We need a better QB for sure. However we're winning with the one we got. Not sure if it'll be enough for playoffs, but let's just hold out couple of weeks to make that determination.

I want a better QB, but would not be willing to bring in some guy that may or may not be better (Sanchez, Cuttler, Bradford, Locker, etc.). If we make a change it's gotta be for someone clearly better. Not sure who that is. We can win with what we've got. We've shown that.

Maybe I should have used my Bill Parcells quote instead: "I've never seen an ugly win. They're all beautiful to me."

Like it or not, this is our strategy with Marrone. Play tough D. Score on kicking teams. Kick FGs. Don't turn the football over.

You wanna wait until the math counts us out. Great, okay. Then you will be willing to discuss the crapitude of Orton...

Have you been critical of ANY of the players or coaches? I mean, they have been winning, so they are all above criticism I suppose. It would be interesting to see if in your past posts there are any criticisms of ANYONE on the team, because, like you said "they are winning". Just leave Pears alone, he was playing against the Jets in that big win, don't question Hackett, he was there too.

Ugh, I'm not sure why this needs to be argued, Kyle Orton doesn't f***** cut it. Yes, they have won some games, they win some games EVERY YEAR. Just not enough. It's nice that they are making progress, but the progress from the QB position is LAGGING, Like "dragging the team down".

Edited by HoF Watkins