Is there a way to charge an iphone when the port

bbb

You are correct - it is a 4s.

Damn, I had all this rice jammed in there, and now I have to get it wet. I'm going to stick in the snow for awhile. See if that works.

Actually I think it was the charger. I cleaned the port over and over with wires and all kinds of crap. Put it in all my chargers and no deal.

But, all of a sudden it worked on the millionth try.............I think the one that had been working no longer does.

It's been months of these different chargers working or not. Inexplicably - when one works, the others don't,and I have to keep rotating............But, finally none were at all.

Until the miracle happened!

There really has to be a better way - we rely on these things so much and the stupid port can screw up your life............Kids were so desperate for better recharging that they were falling for a hoax on the last IOS upgrade. The hoax was that there is now Apple Wave. Just put your phone in the microwave, turn it on, and it recharges it!

I bought a few non-Apple "Lightning" chargers and cables from the Intarwebs when we got new phones. Most of them stopped working within several months. Not sure if Apple pushed out a tech check, but the last time I tried using one of them the screen message said something to the effect: This is not a genuine Apple charging device. Using it may harm your phone.

And, it wouldn't charge the battery.

Not sure if the same thing would apply on the 4S phones. I have plenty of those connectors... still have an early iPad that uses it.

Anyway, I'd try a new cord and charger - if you live near an Apple store, you could take it there and see if they can charge it before you spring for a new one. If you are going to upgrade in a couple of weeks, try to hold off on buying one if you can, because the new phones use a different connector.

Thanks. I am going to try to hold off as long as I have one of my many chargers cords working!

sometimes dust settles inside the port and my iphone will not charge. I take a paper clip and scrape out the dust- and then the cord charges the phone right up. Could that be the issue?

Also you might want to try a toothpick- just so you don't short out your phone. But so far the paperclip has worked several times

and the rice works for absorbing moisture from phone. A few times I have ended up under water with my phone. It is important you don't turn phone on- the water will ruin circuitry. Place your phone in rice overnight and there is a decent chance it is saved

sometimes dust settles inside the port and my iphone will not charge. I take a paper clip and scrape out the dust- and then the cord charges the phone right up. Could that be the issue?

Also you might want to try a toothpick- just so you don't short out your phone. But so far the paperclip has worked several times

and the rice works for absorbing moisture from phone. A few times I have ended up under water with my phone. It is important you don't turn phone on- the water will ruin circuitry. Place your phone in rice overnight and there is a decent chance it is saved

Yeah, I kept cleaning it like crazy the other night. With a brush I use for it, a wire, and a toothpick!...........That has been the problem many times. It might have been the problem this time as far it finally working on the one it is now. But, I think the one that had been working for months just died and I thought it was a port problem when it's a charger cord problem.

But, definitely - I took one back one time and the Apple guy cleaned in there and it worked!

Yeah, I kept cleaning it like crazy the other night. With a brush I use for it, a wire, and a toothpick!...........That has been the problem many times. It might have been the problem this time as far it finally working on the one it is now. But, I think the one that had been working for months just died and I thought it was a port problem when it's a charger cord problem.

But, definitely - I took one back one time and the Apple guy cleaned in there and it worked!

an eye glass screwdriver works great for cleaning out a iphone. I need to clean my monthly for the most part

an eye glass screwdriver works great for cleaning out a iphone. I need to clean my monthly for the most part

I have one of those. Now I have to find it!

Don't be cheap. Go get a new one.

I am! But, I have no time right now. In a few weeks I will. I need to figure out my plan.

Anybody know if Verizon Fios and Verizon Wireless can be packaged together in a plan?

I have one of those. Now I have to find it!

I love those. How the !@#$ can you see what you're doing without your glasses? Oh but they give you a "magnifying glass" to use. Ok I've got my glasses in one hand, the screwdriver in the other and the magnifying glass in.......... :wallbash:

I love those. How the !@#$ can you see what you're doing without your glasses? Oh but they give you a "magnifying glass" to use. Ok I've got my glasses in one hand, the screwdriver in the other and the magnifying glass in.......... :wallbash:

I have been wearing glasses since I was 6. I need to take my glasses off to read or anything up close. The eye doctor said that I could get bifocals, but I probably just take them off anyway. I find it more and more since I have been getting older, I simply don't need my glasses for things up close... Distance, another story... I guess that is a good thing about getting old.

I guess this makes me myopic... But you probably knew that already. ;-P :-)

Glasses suck. Well, having to wear glasses sucks. Most folks discover the need for reading glasses when they pass age 45.

That was the beauty of having them at such a young age like EII said. I never had to go through the issue of being told at 45 I need glasses. And having to wear them all the time I don't have to pull them out just to read something.