Super Bowl Menus....

SDS

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you run that Guiness Chili by me?  That sounds like an awesome idea.

226199[/snapback]

Sure. Honestly, the recipe is a little different every time I make it.

The basic concept is to use Guinness whenever you would normally use water.

- Soak dry beans (I use black beans) in Guinness overnight

- Let beef sit in the fridge in a marinade of Guinness and powdered chili mix (or cumin) overnight

- Add Guinness to the chili pot for reducing instead of water.

One thing that I think is important is to use a combination of cut up chunks of stew beef and ground beef instead of ground beef only.

After that, just use your imagination:

- an assortment of fresh peppers (*a habenero or two, and several jalapenos, sweet Italians, etc)

- a good dose of chili mix (I like Carroll Shelby's mix) or LOTS of cumin

- cinnamon (a flavor that I personally like)

- salt and pepper to taste

*Careful with the habeneros. Don't rub your eyes while chopping them. Some people even advise wearing rubber gloves while handling.

Serve with tortilla chips, shredded cheddar, and a Guinness (of course).

Can't go wrong with that lineup.

<_<

226385[/snapback]

All of my meteo buddies threw in 5 bucks and we ordered a turducken (spelling?). For those of you who dont know, its essentially a chicken inside a duck inside a turkey with 4 different types of stuffing. Check it out: http://www.cajungrocer.com/default.php?cPath=15_24

That is the website we ordered it from. Everyone else is bringing some type of dish to pass around. Im gonna make my famous meatballs.

Its gonna be a great day of drinking beer and feasting. Cant wait.

-tornado

Sausage and meat filled home made lasgna with home made tomato gravy. Forgot to mention 4 types of cheeses to be included. :(

OH Cant forget the home made garlic bread w/melted mozzerella. The mozzerella I bought fresh from the italian butcher down the street.

Getting hungry yet! :(

Looking for some good ideas for some good eats this weekend....

225956[/snapback]

Not sure this will give you any ideas. But here goes

We have all Indians at the party so the menu

- Veggies and dip

- Nachos and salsa

- Fried fish with red pepper

- "vegetable stew" with toasted bread

- Tandoori chicken (spice marinated, oven roasted)

- Chicken biryani (spicy rice pilaf with chicken)

- Assorted desserts

And yes:

- Michelob Ultra

- Labatts Blue

- Chivas Regal Scotch

- Smirnoff vodka

- Assorted wines

The Patriots make me so sick I will be fasting on Super Sunday.  How can any Bills fan even watch this crap?? :doh:

226966[/snapback]

This could be the Satan Worshipers vs the Neo-Nazis . . .

It's the last legit American Football we have for 8 months. Who care's who's playing. Plus, both teams aren't the Pats. Only one. Root for Philly to crush them. Get over the fact that you don't like TO and come to the good side... you know you want to... :D

I like the part when they say "rerub the butt" that sounds good to me......I know i'm a sick-o, but then again I am me!!!!  :doh:  :D

227065[/snapback]

just so you know, i cheat a lot and use an electric smoker. Much easier than charcoal, not as good, bit I use plenty of chips to get the true smoke flavour. When having guests over, i do use the charcoal smoker, and will use this Mr Browns recipe. Sounds great.