Super Bowl Menus....

SDS

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure. Honestly, the recipe is a little different every time I make it.

The basic concept is to use Guinness whenever you would normally use water.

- Soak dry beans (I use black beans) in Guinness overnight

- Let beef sit in the fridge in a marinade of Guinness and powdered chili mix (or cumin) overnight

- Add Guinness to the chili pot for reducing instead of water.

One thing that I think is important is to use a combination of cut up chunks of stew beef and ground beef instead of ground beef only.

After that, just use your imagination:

- an assortment of fresh peppers (*a habenero or two, and several jalapenos, sweet Italians, etc)

- a good dose of chili mix (I like Carroll Shelby's mix) or LOTS of cumin

- cinnamon (a flavor that I personally like)

- salt and pepper to taste

*Careful with the habeneros. Don't rub your eyes while chopping them. Some people even advise wearing rubber gloves while handling.

Serve with tortilla chips, shredded cheddar, and a Guinness (of course).

226353[/snapback]

sounds great! My main chili recipe is on the TBD recipe page. I too love guiness for Chili but prefer Oatmeal Stout if I can get it. Other ingredients in my chili are strong coffee, cocoa powder, brown sugar, much other ingredients. I strongly recomend gloves when working with habenero peppers. The oils really sink into your skin and no matter how many times you wash your hands that residue will be on your fingers. I wear contacts and have suffered badly and had to throw out a couple pairs of contacts. You cannot beat the flavor of habeneros in a chili though! Nice heat and goes nice with sweet flavors

Heres my chili recipe-

http://www.twobillsdrive.com/cookbook/view...tegory=Tailgate

Baked calamari stuffed with salmon, monkfish, and garlic with an olive oil sprinkled crumb crust.

I'll let you know how it turns out.

Also having Swedish meat-a-bohls on noo-noos.

Oh, and lots of beer. St. Paulie actually. But damn if I can get in line on time to get one of those sweet posters (err, uh, for my SON of course.) 0:)