frustrating usage of sammy watkins

Not that open. I watch the games too, as it so happens. The idea that he's often open is pretty mythical. He wasn't open in the Jets game much at all, and Haden played extremely well the other day. I'm not going to argue with you that Orton missed some passes against Cleveland. He was accurate against the Jets though.

More importantly, Watkins is hurt. He's just not explosive right now. That is inarguably obvious. It's not going to get any better either because he suffered a hip injury relatively early in the Cleveland game. He can play, but he's doing it at 80 percent. Just recall what happened to Moulds in 2003, who went from all-world in the first five games to a 9.5 ypc guy after returning from injury for the final 7 games. Groin injuries are tough on WRs and linger.

if you think watkins hasn't been open you definitely aren't watching the games. Watkins has been open

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The telltale sign of what?

that people don't what the hell they are talking about and just love to stir up drama . Sammies issues are multifaceted and is something that every rookie goes through its gonna take adjustment by everyone and I wouldn't be surprised to see him back on track on Sunday.

http://www.syracuse....king_so_mu.html

I don't know because he's been practicing so hard," Hackett said. "Usually rookie wall comes across the board. I think it's the fact that people are a little bit nervous about him. So I think they pay a lot more attention to him, and he's not used to that. So when they put their best corner on him, these guys are good, they're experienced guys. You put a guy like (Joe) Haden on him, that guy's spectacular. I think it just presents different challenges for him. In the NFL, you have to work for every single catch. Every single yard you get. He's learning that. I think he's just going through a learning process. I would say it's a rookie wall, but he's probably working harder than he's ever worked in the classroom out on the playing field doing everything, so he's been great.

"I just got to get back to fundamental details," Watkins said. "That's something I've been missing for three weeks, because I've been getting different looks, different schemes. So I've just got to get back to myself and doing what I've been doing in the beginning of the season, and just trusting it and sticking with it.

"I don't think it's just frustration. I gotta get back in the groove. And I think that's just going back and seeing the eight games that I've been doing the right things, had some steps, and I've just get back to the fundamentals and the details and stop thinking too much about going against guys and getting two-manned.

Hackett said teams are varying the looks Watkins gets in addition to rolling coverage and sticking the best cornerback on him. Bills coaches are trying to stress that Watkins not think so much and instead just get out there and play.

"I think he wants to be so perfect every time," Hackett said. "That's what's so great about him but sometimes is the deficiency. He wants to run such a perfect route all the time, he thinks about it, instead of just, 'Hey, beat that cat! Just beat him. Don't worry about anything, just beat him and get open.' I think that for him, we just have to keep doing the things we're doing and get him in different spots and get him some different routes in his route tree so people don't know what's going to happen."

that people don't what the hell they are talking about and just love to stir up drama . Sammies issues are multifaceted and is something that every rookie goes through its gonna take adjustment by everyone and I wouldn't be surprised to see him back on track on Sunday.

Good article. Thanks. I also expect a big game from him tomorrow. Just a gut feeling...and he's due. This is basically our super bowl at the moment and to be honest, I would love nothing more than seeing Boobie and Bryce get 250 yards. If that were to happen (yea a long shot I know) we win this game easily. GO BILLS !!

Good article. Thanks. I also expect a big game from him tomorrow. Just a gut feeling...and he's due. This is basically our super bowl at the moment and to be honest, I would love nothing more than seeing Boobie and Bryce get 250 yards. If that were to happen (yea a long shot I know) we win this game easily. GO BILLS !!

Well, he's gonna need Orton to make that big game come true. Until Orton starts making teams pay for certain rush schemes and coverages, it'll be frustrating for Sammy and all our receivers.

GO BILLS!!!

Even when you score 38 points against a division rival?

The Jets give up an average of 24 points per game...when they're not playing against the Bills. This year we hung 43 and 38 on them. But please, let's critique the game plan.

Didn't the Bills get one offensive TD?

If you could be less specific I'd be more inclined to believe you. Keep it high level, lean on those generalities.