Johnny Manziel involved in massive fight Friday night

YoloinOhio

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not the point.

It's probably not that easy to find a bodyguard who isn't a little wacky.

That's my point.

The conceptions of NFL front offices are not always correct.i

Got it. Cheers.

IMO the Bills of the 90s benefitted more than were hurt by their partying. Not sure that applies to Johnny Eightball. And it surely doesn't apply to a lot of these guys. But I think it did the Bills at that time with those guys.

They did? Every team that picked ahead of Wilson was looking for a QB but didn't pick a QB because Wilson was too short?

Yes. They did. It's inarguable. Otherwise they would have taken him in the first or second or early third round. He excelled at everything else and everyone knew it. Everyone thought his height would affect him, it was just a matter of how much. Otherwise he would have gone ahead of RG3 if he was 6'3 200+

Yes. They did. It's inarguable. Otherwise they would have taken him in the first or second or early third round. He excelled at everything else and everyone knew it. Everyone thought his height would affect him, it was just a matter of how much. Otherwise he would have gone ahead of RG3 if he was 6'3 200+

Yeah he was a first round talent. He was nasty at Wisconsin.

So every team in the NFL was looking to draft a QB in the first round---and therefore passed on Wilson? This is an often repeated response that makes absolutely no sense at all.

So every team in the NFL was looking to draft a QB in the first round---and therefore passed on Wilson? This is an often repeated response that makes absolutely no sense at all.

Talent-wise, he would've been BPA in the top 5. But you're right, the Pats wouldn't have taken him there. 31 teams is a sort of hyperbole. But I think you'd be hard-pressed to name more than 5 teams that wouldn't have taken him in the first if he was a few inches bigger.

Talent-wise, he would've been BPA in the top 5. But you're right, the Pats wouldn't have taken him there. 31 teams is a sort of hyperbole. But I think you'd be hard-pressed to name more than 5 teams that wouldn't have taken him in the first if he was a few inches bigger.

I didn't say everyone would have taken him in the first round. I said every team would have taken him before he was taken in the third round. Even the Patriots. Look what they did with Garapollo. Even teams with top flight QBs, if they knew Russell Wilson was going to be Russell Wilson, would have taken him in the second round. And if he were that bIg, they would have known he was going to be Russell WIlson. He was that good of a prospect in every single category except height.

I didn't say everyone would have taken him in the first round. I said every team would have taken him before he was taken in the third round. Even the Patriots. Look what they did with Garapollo. Even teams with top flight QBs, if they knew Russell Wilson was going to be Russell Wilson, would have taken him in the second round. And if he were that bIg, they would have known he was going to be Russell WIlson. He was that good of a prospect in every single category except height.

I agree. I've met Russell Wilson - he's not an inch taller than 5'10 (regardless of what the internet says). I'm sure franchises had their doubts.

That's the thing about QBs, you never know what you have until they play. It's kind of scary to think that the Bills might be a player for him if Manziel is shopped by the Browns.

I just don't want the Bills starting QB to be a guy that everyone loves to hate with a passion. If the Bills got him, I could imagine that there would be Bills players in their own locker room that hate him, simply because he would no doubt suck up all the oxygen in the room while the rest of the team would be ignored. Manziel has that kind of media impact. All NFL players have egos, not just Manziel.

I'd rather the Bills not trade for him and have them just draft another QB in the 2nd or 3rd round to compete with the vet QB and EJ Manuel. I don't remember any NFL team winning a Super Bowl with a "look at me," "drama" QB.

Broadway Joe.

It's a stretch. Manziel wasn't with the guy.

He's a douche. For many people you could say that Manziel "hurts his brand" when those around him eff up, but, I don't think that's the case with Johnny Finger. His "brand" isn't tarnished by this because his "brand" is rebelliousness.