it's now clear we should taken beckham and kept our 2015 1st ...

truth on hold

... but should we have known on draft day too?

I mean is Sammy's film any better than this?

http://youtu.be/sS7-ZCAUEds

Their combine #'s also don't suggest Watkins is clearly superior.

- 40 time was identical

- Watkins was an inch taller, 17 lbs heavier, and not surprisingly did 12 more reps on the bench

- Beckman has bigger hands and higher vertical, the latter of which really showing up on winning jump balls in the NFL

I think NFL.com Wesseling is spot on in his article

"Odell Beckham has the brightest future of rookie WRs"

http://www.nfl.com/n...e-of-rookie-wrs

Edited by JTSP

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well let's see. Beckham has a quarter back that has some years in the league, has won two super bowls, and is a Manning.

Watkins started out with EJ, and now has a qb who wasn't at camp.

Edit: I know Eli isn't Peyton, but I'm trying to make a point.

Edited by sodbuster

Well let's see. Beckham has a quarter back that has some years in the league, has won two super bowls, and is a Manning.

Watkins started out with EJ, and now has a qb who wasn't at camp.

Edit: I know Eli isn't Peyton, but I'm trying to make a point.

please lets not go there. Eli is having a horrible year (3rd in picks), after a poor year in 2013. Odell missed training camp and the first 6 games, and he's already looking like a polished vet

Edited by JTSP

And we counter with

https://vine.co/v/O5...A/embed/simple

Thats the type of catch I see Beckham making that I don't see Sammy .... QB just throws it higher than the DB can leap confident beckham has that extra 6"-10"+ vertical. That also separates someone as elite in the NFL ... open when they're seemingly covered.

Edited by JTSP

Thats the type of catch I see Beckham making that I don't see Sammy .... QB just throws it higher than the DB can leap confident beckham has that extra 6"-12"+ vertical. That also separates someone as elite in the NFL ... open when they're seemingly covered.

You're blind? They both bat the ball to themselves both catch of the weeks...both catches someone lesser wouldn't make. OB jumped more that time about the only difference. BTW, If we were to luck out and get Eli, we would be lucky and happy.

Let's see how it plays out for 3 years. No judgments right now, way too early.

Or maybe you're just trolling, IHDKOC.

Edited by bowery4

Clear my ass. How many games have you personally watched Sammy play in? I've been to 3, 2 in Buffalo, and 1 in NYC(well, I was in NYC...and had to go to Jersey, etc.). Oh yeah, and I'lll be in Detroit. I will be damned if I'm not going. I have the resources, thus, my entire crew is coming. All will cheer for us on principle. But, some of them hate the Bills. NONE of them question the move to draft Sammy. :wallbash: ALL of them wish he was on their team.

I forward threads like this to them, for their personal entertainment. The reply: "I thought Bills fans were the most knowledgeable in the league/2 Bills Drive was the smartest board in the NFL". :wallbash:

Great job disproving that. But, no one can say I'm not objective.

At some point, you're going to have to lay down this Bulldog nonsense. When...is your choice, not mine. But here's reality: Our D alone was never going to make it possible to draft a franchise QB in 2015, even without Kiko. We knew this BEFORE the draft. Enough with the fact-free analysis given by a guy who has demonstrated an inferior understanding of football compared to 80% of our posters, and who routinely uses our threads for his show prep(this I can prove if necessary, but expect a very long post). Make no mistake, I can also show that there have been times when I've credited/drawn attention to Bulldog. This is not one of those times.

Enough is enough.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

it's NOT clear at all. in fact it won't be clear until year 3 is completed.

sammy is a special talent. the way he snatches balls out of the air with hands only is exceptional.

for me, the trade makes sense if sammy becomes a pro bowl player. which i think he will after year 3.

if sammy only becomes a solid #1 reciever, then we gave up too much.

I'd add into the mix that if we were going to trade up for someone, maybe it shoulda been Mike Evans.

I will second this. If there's ANY debate over this it is because of Mike Evans.

You're blind? They both bat the ball to themselves both catch of the weeks...both catches someone lesser wouldn't make. OB jumped more that time about the only difference. BTW, If we were to luck out and get Eli, we would be lucky and happy.

Let's see how it plays out for 3 years. No judgments right now, way too early.

Or maybe you're just trolling, IHDKOC.

as I pointed out earlier THAT IS THE KEY DIFFERENCE

Whatever. There shouldn't even be a conversation about this in a rookie year. Talk to me after 3. Most logical, rational people realize you shouldn't really judge a pick until after a few years to assess total value.

I was a bit of a doubter at the time of the trade, but Sammy has shown me enough so far for me to put my hands up and say I think I was wrong. I liked Mike Evans a lot though.... I maintain that without him Johnny Football is a 2nd rounder at best.... and Beckham and Cooks and Benjamin are all fine players. Ultimately the story will be written in the next couple of years as others have said.

As for should have kept our 2015 first rounder..... if the argument is Quarterback I'll leave OC to dismiss that as he has above.

WindingBowedAquaticleech.gif

This catch is why Watkins was drafted. because the throw is a typical pass by __________. _______________ Playing QB for the Bills.

Big deal if he is not a stat leader through 10 games in a rookie season. I'll give the kid a few more years, and not base woulda, coulda, shoulda on a few games in a rookie season.