AW comments about play calling on 4th down

YoloinOhio

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The point is that Dixon was averaging over 6 yards per carry that game. Does it being 5 pass attempts in the redzone out of 7 plays instead of 6 straight passes make any difference when discussing whether or not they were bad play calls? Absolutely not.

It sounds like your case is the one that sucks.

Nevermind fans, commentators, mainstream media, and now players are all commenting on the bad play calling. YOU must be the one that has it right. Everyone else is just crazy.

Edited by TheBillsWillRiseAgain

The point is that Dixon was averaging over 6 yards per carry that game. Does it being 5 pass attempts in the redzone out of 7 plays instead of 6 straight passes make any difference when discussing whether or not they were bad play calls? Absolutely not.

It sounds like your case is the one that sucks.

And yet, those two runs netted a single yard.

So, take everything that happened to that point and forget about it.

And again, two of them would have netted go-ahead TD's had the thrown been anywhere near where it was supposed to be.

So, I'm sorry. What are you trying to convince me? That the those playcalls sucked?

It's a shame would haves don't count or we'd still be in the playoff race. And yeah, they were bad play calls. Anyone that doesn't take into consideration who their quarterback is (a career .500 QB) and what defense they're facing (#1 ranked against the pass) is an idiot and shouldn't be coaching an NFL team.

I don't like it. I agree with AW 100% and think Marrone isn't the right captain for this ship. But you don't take that to the press. Bad form. I don't care if it's the Rich Kotite Jets, you don't criticize the coaches in public as a player.

kj

This shows that players aren't fully on board with Marrone. Wonder how many others?

It's a shame would haves don't count or we'd still be in the playoff race. And yeah, they were bad play calls. Anyone that doesn't take into consideration who their quarterback is (a career .500 QB) and what defense they're facing (#1 ranked against the pass) is an idiot and shouldn't be coaching an NFL team.

Well, the #1 ranked pass defense let two receivers run wide open into the endzone. So, I'm not sure how that factors in. Also, this Orton fella, wasn't it only two games prior that he threw two passes (one on 4th and 20) the other down to the half yard line to set up a THIRD pass, the game winner? So...? That never happened? I'm confused.

And if you're saying our coaches suck because our QB sucks...congrats, you just made my point for me.

Those were throws that Orton has made in the past, and the defense had no bearing on the plays as the recievers were open. Try again.

They were also throws that Orton has missed in the past. Plenty of times I'm sure.YOU try again.

Hahaha. Okay. So take every throw Orton has missed in the past and remove them from the playbook. And until you do that, until you account for how ****ty he is, you're a bad coach?

Nice.

Well, the #1 ranked pass defense let two receivers run wide open into the endzone. So, I'm not sure how that factors in. Also, this Orton fella, wasn't it only two games prior that he threw two passes (one on 4th and 20) the other down to the half yard line to set up a THIRD pass, the game winner? So...? That never happened? I'm confused.

And if you're saying our coaches suck because our QB sucks...congrats, you just made my point for me.

How many potentially game-winning passes do you think he's missed in his career? Is the coach only supposed to take into consideration his last two games out of the dozens and dozens he's played in his career?

He's not Tom Brady. He's not Peyton Manning. You don't put the entire game in his hands like that in the redzone when your running back is averaging 6.1 yards per carry in a game. They were bad calls.

I love how people seem to think coaches aren't supposed to know the limitations of their players when calling plays. "Orton sucks! It's not Marrone's fault! How was Marrone supposed to know Orton wasn't Aaron Rodgers???"

How many potentially game-winning passes do you think he's missed in his career? Is the coach only supposed to take into consideration his last two games out of the dozens and dozens he's played in his career?

He's not Tom Brady. He's not Peyton Manning. You don't put the entire game in his hands like that in the redzone when your running back is averaging 6.1 yards per carry in a game. They were bad calls.

In the four games prior, two close games were put in his hands and he won them. So...yeah.

In the four games prior, two close games were put in his hands and he won them. So...yeah.

The only reason those games were winnable was because of the defense. The offense sucked for most of those games. Blaming our defense for not shutting down teams for 60 minutes while our offense struggles to score a td is a joke.

Defending Marrone/ Hackett is beyond crazy at this point. They are the sole reason we will miss the playoffs.

But at least we are developing Kyle Orton. :)

The only reason those games were winnable was because of the defense. The offense sucked for most of those games. Blaming our defense for not shutting down teams for 60 minutes while our offense struggles to score a td is a joke.

Defending Marrone/ Hackett is beyond crazy at this point. They are the sole reason we will miss the playoffs.

But at least we are developing Kyle Orton. :)

You do realize you're giving our defense credit, yet the opposing defenses no credit, right?

This is a complete non sequitur.

You do realize you're giving our defense credit, yet the opposing defenses no credit, right?

It also has ZERO to do with what we were talking about.

If it's as bad as everyone says, between the two games, name five bad play calls and three scaredy cat decisions.

We played the chiefs. The best pass d in the nfl. Below average run d. We throw 48 times. Run the ball 22. 2 of this runs were by Kyle Orton. Brown averaged 6.9 on 9 carries. Boobie 5 on 7 carries. Nice gameplan coach. And you only want 5 bad play calls? How about an entire gameplan? The Miami game showed how much guys he has. I don't have time to go over the entire game and nitpick all the plays right now and our play calling (and the refs) in the 2nd half caused me to get out of hand drunk, so I can't recall specifics at the moment.

If you want a wimp coach with no balls and trust in his team, that sucks for you. I don't. I understand that you aren't a Marrone backer, as you stated. You just want to pick arguments and get down pidgeon hole arguments to fit your side. 5 bad play calls and 3 scardey cat decisions. Don't need 5 and 2. I'm sure you know of 2 scardey cat decisions...... We all do. They potentially cost us 2 wins. He plays not to lose. Enjoy that. Have fun with that.

Our play calling offensively and the gutless decisions he makes, makes me ill. you can't convince me otherwise. Only he can. I doubt he's got the guys to do so. It's how I feel.

You said 6 in a row.

So, if you have to make **** up to make your case...well, then your case sucks.

And you look like a little kid trying to win a pointless argument.

We played the chiefs. The best pass d in the nfl. Below average run d. We throw 48 times. Run the ball 22. 2 of this runs were by Kyle Orton. Brown averaged 6.9 on 9 carries. Boobie 5 on 7 carries. Nice gameplan coach. And you only want 5 bad play calls? How about an entire gameplan? The Miami game showed how much guys he has. I don't have time to go over the entire game and nitpick all the plays right now and our play calling (and the refs) in the 2nd half caused me to get out of hand drunk, so I can't recall specifics at the moment.

If you want a wimp coach with no balls and trust in his team, that sucks for you. I don't. I understand that you aren't a Marrone backer, as you stated. You just want to pick arguments and get down pidgeon hole arguments to fit your side. 5 bad play calls and 3 scardey cat decisions. Don't need 5 and 2. I'm sure you know of 2 scardey cat decisions...... We all do. They potentially cost us 2 wins. He plays not to lose. Enjoy that. Have fun with that.

Our play calling offensively and the gutless decisions he makes, makes me ill. you can't convince me otherwise. Only he can. I doubt he's got the guys to do so. It's how I feel.

And you look like a little kid trying to win a pointless argument.

When asked for specifics you provided misinformation and more sweeping generalizations and then resorted to personal attacks.

I think your case speaks for itself now.

When asked for specifics you provided misinformation and more sweeping generalizations and then resorted to personal attacks.

I think your case speaks for itself now.

When asked for specifics I gave you an entire gameplan. You want FIVE bad playcalls? I gave you an entire gameplan. Just because I didn't give you what you want, doesn't mean jack. Sorry I can't recall 5 plays off the top of my head while watching a game in a drunken rage because our head coach has no balls to speak of. There's a reason people call Marrone a wuss. Because he is. You're fine with him as a coach? Oh wait, you're not. You're just arguing to argue. You haven't made a decision yet. Based on what I see out there, he's not adequate. And after this or next season, My money says Marrone is outta here. You can quite me on that. You think he's gonna be here after next season?

When asked for specifics I gave you an entire gameplan. You want FIVE bad playcalls? I gave you an entire gameplan. Just because I didn't give you what you want, doesn't mean jack. Sorry I can't recall 5 plays off the top of my head while watching a game in a drunken rage because our head coach has no balls to speak of. There's a reason people call Marrone a wuss. Because he is. You're fine with him as a coach? Oh wait, you're not. You're just arguing to argue. You haven't made a decision yet. Based on what I see out there, he's not adequate. And after this or next season, My money says Marrone is outta here. You can quite me on that. You think he's gonna be here after next season?

:lol:

:thumbsup:

Typical response. You watch a lot of those Marrone press conferences I see.

I've challenged every one of your sweeping generalizations with specifics. You continue to ignore them. I don't expect to change your mind. And yes, I'm arguing to argue. Heaven forbid we inject some reality into the frothing !@#$ THE COACH AND PUT HIS !@#$ING HEAD ON A SPIKE threads.

Haha. Given him the Dick Jauron/ Fitz/ Orton mid year extension. We can't risk letting a great coach like Marrone hit the open market! It will be a bidding war!

I am genuinely glad you remember the exact same rounds I did five years ago re: Jauron.

The one time I've ventured from the it's the players, stupid argument was when it came to Wannestache. I !@#$ing hated that clown.

I am genuinely glad you remember the exact same rounds I did five years ago re: Jauron.

The one time I've ventured from the it's the players, stupid argument was when it came to Wannestache. I !@#$ing hated that clown.

I generally agree unless you see regression across the board. This offense has regressed. They wrote a bible of how not to develop a young qb. The oline is worse. Spiller got worse.

So all the players suddenly got bad or is it coaching? I lean toward a the coaching and I really struggle to see how a sane person could think otherwise. We aren't dealing with an offensive coaching staff that has a track record of great results either. They were a middle of the pack BIg East offense.

I generally agree unless you see regression across the board. This offense has regressed. They wrote a bible of how not to develop a young qb. The oline is worse. Spiller got worse.

So all the players suddenly got bad or is it coaching? I lean toward a the coaching and I really struggle to see how a sane person could think otherwise. We aren't dealing with an offensive coaching staff that has a track record of great results either. They were a middle of the pack BIg East offense.

Spiller got worse? Mmmmmm, that's highly debatable. Spiller did precisely in 2014 what all his critics (myself included) said he'd do. Then broke his collar bone.

And...AGAIN...the "offense" has not regressed. The REDZONE offense has regressed. Period. THAT'S what we suck at.

Spiller got worse? Mmmmmm, that's highly debatable. Spiller did precisely in 2014 what all his critics (myself included) said he'd do. Then broke his collar bone.

And...AGAIN...the "offense" has not regressed. The REDZONE offense has regressed. Period. THAT'S what we suck at.

That's a big part of the puzzle to pretend is only a piece

Also we are 27th in yards per play

Fell to 30th in first downs per game

26th in 3rd down conversion percentage

So I'm not sure it's just inside the 20s we are struggling. I early thought similar but it's becoming clear the defense is handing us the short fields to get 3

Edited by NoSaint

Spier got worse? Didn't he already have half his 2013 TD total by week 4? I thought points mattered, not yards.

I've challenged every one of your sweeping generalizations with specifics. You continue to ignore them. I don't expect to change your mind. And yes, I'm arguing to argue. Heaven forbid we inject some reality into the frothing !@#$ THE COACH AND PUT HIS !@#$ING HEAD ON A SPIKE threads.

I haven't rewatch end the game. I don't have access to a replay. It's impossible for me to name 5 specific plays. I was annihilated....thanks to frustration. Thanks to Marrone and his gimp OC. You seem to ignore the bills gameplan to throw 48 times and run the ball 20 times vs the number 1 pass d in football, who happens to have a marginal run defense. 5 plays, I could care less about. An entire gameplan. That's a problem. Thoughts? Or should you ignore this, again? Thoughts on if Marrone will be our coach after next season? Or should you ignore it, again?

I haven't rewatch end the game. I don't have access to a replay. It's impossible for me to name 5 specific plays. I was annihilated....thanks to frustration. Thanks to Marrone and his gimp OC. You seem to ignore the bills gameplan to throw 48 times and run the ball 20 times vs the number 1 pass d in football, who happens to have a marginal run defense. 5 plays, I could care less about. An entire gameplan. That's a problem. Thoughts? Or should you ignore this, again? Thoughts on if Marrone will be our coach after next season? Or should you ignore it, again?

Marrone will be our coach after 2015 if we improve our record from the 2014 season.

You know what I really hated about our gameplan in KC? That one passing play that we ran to Bryce Brown 4 times for about 60 total yards.

Quick, name our best playmaker on the field vs KC. How do you propose getting him the ball without calling passing plays? Call 20 end arounds?

Edited by FireChan