Williams, Mularky, Jauron, Gailey and Marrone

Kirby Jackson

After reading those trivia posts it really got me thinking how poorly coached this team has been over the last decade and a half. At the same time those 5 have done very little to distinguish themselves IMO. Each had some strengths but they were far outweighed by the weaknesses. If you could take the last 5 coaches and assemble a competent HC based out of them what would he look like? Just plug in the name of the coach next to each line.

I'd be happy to add other criteria but that's what came to the top of my head.

Criteria:

Offensive system -

Defensive system -

Game Management (clock, challenges, when to go/ punt) -

In game adjustments -

Player development -

Leadership -

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Pull out the Offensive stats with Gailey......ITS A MYTH...His Offense stats were average at best

He moved the football with bad offensive players. IMO he would have this particular group clicking. It has nothing to do with stats to me. His offense was designed to get guys in space which is what I think is necessary in 2014.

Nice thread idea...

I'd go:

Chan

Jauron (he got more out of what he had to work with than greggo who had more talent)

none...maybe mularkey by default?

definitely none...these guys all sucked at this

Chan...got some good tread out of fitzpicksix, as well as seeing the talent of stevie and freddie (eventually)

Jauron? apparently the players loved him from what i remember

i hated the entertainment value of the jauron years, but the fact he got to 7 wins three times with how crappy those teams are probably shows he's the best of the bunch

excuse me while i go throw up now

Gailey is the only coach who has got production out of a running back who should have made the pro bowl 4 times by now. The way this coaching staff, yeah Hackett I'm looking at you, has used CJ is baffling.

Edited by Russ 'Em

Gailey for player development. Players improved under him. It is sad when you have 15 years of coaches and you pick one for best at player development based on process of elimination. Especially when developing players is so important.

Also sad....I think I would go none of the above for leadership.

Lastly on an as negative note....at least the last 3 all had the deer in headlights look during games. Not good...everyone notices it and most importantly players know when the coach is at a loss!

Edited by Manther

Offensive - Gailey

Defensively - Jauron ... His problem was by the end of games, because of lack of offensive possession the defense was spent and then gave up tons of yardage.

The other ones I really do not know that is a big part of the problem coaching correctly

Gailey for player development. Players improved under him. It is sad when you have 15 years of coaches and you pick one for best at player development based on process of elimination. Especially when developing players is so important.

Also sad....I think I would go none of the above for leadership.

Lastly on an as negative note....at least the last 3 all had the deer in headlights look during games. Not good...everyone notices it and most importantly players know when the coach is at a loss!

I would agree with this.

Criteria:

Offensive system -

Defensive system -

Game Management (clock, challenges, when to go/ punt) -

In game adjustments -

Player development -

Leadership -

Gailey

Marrone (courtesy of two great DC hires)

Mularky

Toughest one for me can't remember us ever being good at this.

Gailey

God knows. Maybe Marrone? How sad is that?

We need some new categories...

How about these?

Best hat? Jauron at st john fisher

Best butchering of the english language? Mularkey

Best beard? Chan

Best impression of an extra from the walking dead? Jauron

Most punchable face? Greggo

Most likely to wear a raincoat with 10% chance of precip.? Marrone

any others?

How about these?

Best beard? Chan

any others?

Best impression of someone from the Walking Dead....Jauron.....belly laughed!!!

It is! They all suck, and where are they all now, or soon to be?

Ha ha, so true. These guys don't exactly land on their feet! Jauron & Gailey disappeared, Mularky failed again, Gregg Williams wanted to kill people and Marrone is, well Marrone. A lot of teams lose their coaches to other football jobs. The Bills lose their coaches to Mighty Taco. Edited by Kirby Jackson

How about these?

Best beard? Chan

any others?

lol Edited by Pete

Ha ha, so true. These guys don't exactly land on their feet! Jauron & Gailey disappeared, Mularky failed again, Gregg Williams wanted to kill people and Marrone is, well Marrone. A lot of teams lose their coaches to other football jobs. The Bills lose their coaches to Mighty Taco.

Gailey actually got offers, but decided to retire, while Jauron actually worked post-Bills.

Just FYI...one of my employees was renting Dick a car in the Chicaoland after he was fired mid season. I happened to be there and was observing. He couldn't even look anyone in the eye. He seemed so sheepish! Like a push over....just like he coached!

Edited by Manther