I am not giving up on Kyle Orton

HOUSE

Look, I was more then willing to give up on JP Losman, flew off the Trent Edwards Bandwagon pretty quick. I could easily see the flaws in Ryan Fitzpatrick's game but I am not giving up on Kyle Orton......Other then a mobility problem,no worse then Peyton Manning's mobility , I have seen him make every throw. Certainly defenses have figured him out but I bet you he will adjust well and perhaps some roll outs are needed. Without any real running attack its pretty obvious Buffalo will throw the ball. Fix the running game and Orton will be fine...It wasn't a surprise that Ortons game went south without Spiller and Jackson. Fred Jackson is one of the best blocking running backs in the league. Spiller was at least a player that needed to be well covered as a WR. Watkins injuries have also limited the offense the last few weeks.

I am the first to admit Kyle Orton needs to play better but I never expected perfection when Kyle Orton missed preseason. We need to stop flushing quarterbacks without giving them do time to be comfortable in Buffalo's Offense. I remember when people said that Tarvaris Jackson would need an entire season just to learn the playbook. Kyle Ortons deserves some more time as well.

I am reasonably happy with Kyle Ortons game but nowhere near ready to Flush the guy..........Bring on the Jets !!!

This is only my opinion on Buffalo's starting quarterback but if you really feel the need to FLUSH....... feel free to use my toilet , its already over flowing with ex starting Buffalo quarterbacks. :flirt:

--

Edited by HOUSE

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Look, I was more then willing to give up on JP Losman, flew off the Trent Edwards Bandwagon pretty quick. I could easily see the flaws in Ryan Fitzpatrick's game but I am not giving up on Kyle Orton......Other then a mobility problem,no worse then Peyton Manning's mobility , I have seen him make every throw. Certainly Defenses have figured him out but I bet you he will adjust well and perhaps some roll outs are needed.

I am the first to admit Kyle Orton needs to play better but I never expected perfection when Kyle Orton missed preseason. We need to stop flushing quarterbacks without giving them do time to be comfortable in Buffalo's Offense. I remember when people said the Tarvaris Jackson would need an entire season just to learn the play playbook.

I am reasonably happy with Kyle Ortons game but nowhere near ready to Flush this guy..........

--

Yet you will give up on EJ completely? there is a bigger investment that also hasn't been given ample opportunity to prove himself.

remember last seasons fast paced offense was a new gadget even a pro needed time to learn, not to mention the games missed by injury,

just saying the reasons I have not given up on EJ. IMO the sooner we know the truth the better.

I really haven't given up on either of them. I thought EJ played decent as a rookie and had an ok first couple games. He had two pretty bad games. Orton has had 2 bad games IMO. I give him some leash as he had no TC or PS with this offense. I don't know if either are the answer; no do I know they aren't. Both of their bad games came against good teams.

Yet you will give up on EJ completely? there is a bigger investment that also hasn't been given ample opportunity to prove himself.

remember last seasons fast paced offense was a new gadget even a pro needed time to learn, not to mention the games missed by injury,

just saying the reasons I have not given up on EJ. IMO the sooner we know the truth the better.

EJ is not ready as a starting QB IMO. He needs to learn how to read a defense first, then some more playing time. I am sure we will see him before seasons end.

I really haven't given up on either of them. I thought EJ played decent as a rookie and had an ok first couple games. He had two pretty bad games. Orton has had 2 bad games IMO. I give him some leash as he had no TC or PS with this offense. I don't know if either are the answer; no do I know they aren't. Both of their bad games came against good teams.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I am upset with his performance lately. The entire scenario has been really depressing. However, Orton's ceiling ... if he can put together 2 or 3 stretches of really good football over the next 2 years...is better than anything else we are likely to get. So I haven't given up on possibly winning with him either, but it isn't like I'm excited.

As for EJ, I have definitely given up on him. Although I wouldn't disagree with putting him once the math says we're out...for some reason. Just to confirm the bust more or less so we don't deal with any fragments of doubt.

Look, I was more then willing to give up on JP Losman, flew off the Trent Edwards Bandwagon pretty quick. I could easily see the flaws in Ryan Fitzpatrick's game but I am not giving up on Kyle Orton......Other then a mobility problem,no worse then Peyton Manning's mobility , I have seen him make every throw. Certainly Defenses have figured him out but I bet you he will adjust well and perhaps some roll outs are needed. Without any Real Running attack its pretty obvious Buffalo will throw the ball. Fix the running game and Orton will be fine...It wasn't a surprise that Ortons game went south without Spiller and Jackson. Fred Jackson is one of the best blocking running backs in the league. Spiller was at least a player that needed to be well covered well as a WR.

I am the first to admit Kyle Orton needs to play better but I never expected perfection when Kyle Orton missed preseason. We need to stop flushing quarterbacks without giving them do time to be comfortable in Buffalo's Offense. I remember when people said the Tarvaris Jackson would need an entire season just to learn the play playbook.

I am reasonably happy with Kyle Ortons game but nowhere near ready to Flush this guy..........Bring on the Jets !!!

--

Agree.

I am upset with his performance lately. The entire scenario has been really depressing. However, Orton's ceiling ... if he can put together 2 or 3 stretches of really good football over the next 2 years...is better than anything else we are likely to get. So I haven't given up on possibly winning with him either, but it isn't like I'm excited.

As for EJ, I have definitely given up on him. Although I wouldn't disagree with putting him once the math says we're out...for some reason. Just to confirm the bust more or less so we don't deal with any fragments of doubt.

You haven't given up on Orton who's a ten year vet with a mediocre performance history, yet you have given up on EJ (after 14 games) who has a greater tool set with much higher upside. This makes no sense to me.

Freddie said that if the Bills made the move back to EJ, the players would support it.

i didn't hear the exchange but if it was his weekly segment on Howard and Jeremy, he was probably asked a loaded question about the QB situation and there was only way to answer it non controversially.

You haven't given up on Orton who's a ten year vet with a mediocre performance history, yet you have given up on EJ (after 14 games) who has a greater tool set with much higher upside. This makes no sense to me.

I haven't given up on being able to win with what I think Orton can give us over immediate short-term. If we put him in a good situation, he can give us competent QB including the deep ball. He will likely fail if he has to carry us and he'll never give us confidence against good teams...but he could get it done.

EJ can give us nothing now, and I'm sorry but it is obvious he can give us nothing long-term. I'm sorry but he's trash...in a way that even young QBs are not able to get away with.

Edited by MoreOffense

Unreal.

So now that Orton's reality has hit us it is time to forget what EJ is like when he's in there? It takes about 2 months of sitting the bench to become the popular backup in Buffalo? C'mon, just b/c Orton isn't Peyton doesn't mean it is time to forget what EJ is like. At least Orton has shown he is capable of running a passing game.

I haven't given up on being able to win with what I think Orton can give us over immediate short-term. If we put him in a good situation, he can give us competent QB including the deep ball.

EJ can give us nothing now, and I'm sorry but it is obvious he can give us nothing long-term. I'm sorry but he's trash...in a way that even young QBs are not able to get away with.

Classic exaggeration IMO.

Orton has been flat out pathetic the last two weeks. Given his veteran status, he has zero excuses. The clock has struck 12 and the carriage has turned back into a pumpkin.

What is really depressing is this stupid discussion. So now were down to "who sucks less, EJ or Orton." Were not going anywhere with either of them. I'm in the "Orton sucks less" camp but believe me I ain't happy about it. But on the upside, all we need are a QB, new coaches, two NFL guards, a TE and a CB and were gold.

What is really depressing is this stupid discussion. So now were down to "who sucks less, EJ or Orton." Were not going anywhere with either of them. I'm in the "Orton sucks less" camp but believe me I ain't happy about it. But on the upside, all we need are a QB, new coaches, two NFL guards, a TE and a CB and were gold.

I'm in the middle between this camp and the play EJ camp.

EJ hasn't looked great, but IMO he has a much higher ceiling than Orton.