Schwartz as Head Coach, Pepper Johnson DC

SuperBills12

Pegula has the money to bring in a superior head coach. And it should be a proven winner (not like Schwartz). He won't come cheap. But you have to be smart, not like Dan Snyder who takes no one's advice, thinks throwing money around is all it takes, and is forever blinded by glitz in both players and coaches (Spurrier, Shanahan, Deon Sanders, Adam Archuleta, the big money defensive lineman who couldn't or wouldn't play and whose name escapes me, etc. etc. etc. Pegula needs to consult with true experts of the game (Dungy, Pollian and others) and come up with a solid, winning coach. By all means avoid flash losers like Shanahan who became a name because of John Elway and a nothing once Elway departed.

while im not a huge marrone fan im not a fan of schwartz as head coach,with our offense looking like a 6 grade fire drill the bills cant stand pat..to that end here one from left field .and im choking on it..

FRANK REICH has excelled to this point as a coach he got credit for helping both LUCK and RIVERS. HE is currently the OC at SAN DIEGO. now a lateral move cant happen if he was hired as asst. head coach with duties to the offense . then schwartz stays as dc , possible???

The original premise seems very flawed to me. Forget about if Schwartz would be a good HC and Johnson a good DC. After 14 years of sub .500 performance do you think holding a HC in his 2nd year to task to get to 10-6 and make the playoffs (which 10-6 probably wouldn't do anyway) is rational or something the Bills would do? I don't. If they lose out the rest of the way and look terrible doing it (like they have the past 2 games) then perhaps. But otherwise, Marrone et. al. will be back for at least one more season. They might offer Hackett as a human sacrifice, but not much else would change I don't think.

Edited by CodeMonkey

Pegula has the money to bring in a superior head coach. And it should be a proven winner (not like Schwartz). He won't come cheap. But you have to be smart, not like Dan Snyder who takes no one's advice, thinks throwing money around is all it takes, and is forever blinded by glitz in both players and coaches (Spurrier, Shanahan, Deon Sanders, Adam Archuleta, the big money defensive lineman who couldn't or wouldn't play and whose name escapes me, etc. etc. etc. Pegula needs to consult with true experts of the game (Dungy, Pollian and others) and come up with a solid, winning coach. By all means avoid flash losers like Shanahan who became a name because of John Elway and a nothing once Elway departed.

How is Dungy a true expert of the game?

No thank you!

Schwartz is a TERRIBLE HC. His record with the Lions wasn't just bad, it was one of the worst coaching performances of ALL-TIME for someone around that long. His teams were undisciplined, took cheap shots, and fought with each other.

Caldwell stands there like a zombie and the Lions are suddenly 7-2.

Schwartz is a great DC. Bad HC.

Belicheck was a diaster in Cleveland, and a mad/bad genius in NE......not sure Schwartz wouldn't make the same transition. I say give it a try if Marrone is out. Getting a good O Coordinator is real important.........Chan Gailey is available to unretire!!LOL

I would have loved to see how Bobby April handled himself as a HC when DJ was fired but sadly we never got to see it.

CBF

Where is Bobby april these days?

I don't want to hate on the Browns or Cleveland fans but if they make the playoffs how are we as Buffalo fans and the Buffalo players supposed to feel about that? Pettine left Buffalo, went into the most one of the most competitive divisions in the AFC and made the playoffs in his first year? From my point of view (and while I know the season isn't over yet, they could face plant and Buffalo is still in position for a wildcard mathematically) it just sucks. Why does this team always find a way to let people down. The roster is as talented as its been in a long time and they had a favorable schedule, I just don't get it.

Easy. The Bills don't have a QB, have a ****ty OL and no Running game (with Freddy and CJ Injured). There is no good WR to play opposite Watkins. Woods has regressed this year (Lack of Confidence ???), a weak secondary and a front four that is tired because the bills Offense cannot stay on the field.

Belicheck was a diaster in Cleveland, and a mad/bad genius in NE......not sure Schwartz wouldn't make the same transition. I say give it a try if Marrone is out. Getting a good O Coordinator is real important.........Chan Gailey is available to unretire!!LOL

Where is Bobby april these days?

ST coach for the Raiders

CBF

As fans its kind of funny that we pick and choose who we want to see at each coaching position. But that isn't how it works anyway. If Marrone is still head coach next year, he is the one who will decide who is offensive coordinator is. If he has somebody other than Hackett (which I doubt he would be willing to do) then it would still be up to Marrone to pick who that person would be.

And if Marrone ends up being fired, then whomever is hired to replace him will decide who his offensive and defensive coordinators are going to be. That means, if Marrone is gone as many here are predicting, the next Bills head coach will be someone we aren't predicting. And the next offensive coordinator and defensive coordinator will also be people we are not predicting or even thinking about.

Out of respect for Russ Brandon I think the Pegula's will leave the coaching staff intact until the offenseason. Thus allowing Marrone to bury himself leaving them no alternative but to make changes.

Schwartz might be the choice at that time, who knows. I'd prefer to see how many more games like the Miami game the defense will allow before canonizing Schwartz.