Oh Hell, Why Not? : Playoffs

tito1

After the worst 5 days in the season that left me feeling ill after how we lost (similar to last year KC, Atlanta, past NE games, etc, etc, etc), everyone rightfully feels that the playoffs are done. Since we aren't officially out, I need to at least have something to continue to root for to make Sunday's exciting. I can't believe with how the first 8 games went this season that the playoffs would be all but gone a few weeks before we could even celebrate thanksgiving. So what do we need to happen?

-NE tanks. The win over Denver was brutal, but they still have a very hard schedule. I still think they are vulnerable and if one team can beat them to slow their momentum, who knows? Would need a miracle collapse from a team that hasn't been prone to it, but the schedule doesn't get any easier for them.

- After horrible 5 day stretch, we get back on track and pull out home games (which we suck ass at) over the next 2 to reach 7-5. At least we would have a chance in December with that record. The only game I think we definitely lose 100% is at Denver. I do not think there is a game we 100% win and NYJ and Oak will not be easy wins. Maybe NE has 1st place all locked up week 17 and they play backups, who knows? Not their style, but you never know.

-the rest of the afc will simply beat themselves up. It's gonna be a long shot but if we can manage to win the next 2 games, a December upset of GB at home and beating Oak could make things interesting. We lose to jets or Browns and I'm Officially done this year and moving on to draft talk

No wildcard is getting in at 9-7 this year so we'd have to beat not only GB and the next two, but NE away.

There's no way that will happen as I wanted to be positive like you. It won't happen. I'm following other solid teams my boys like for the rest of the year. I'll watch the Bills, but don't expect anything more than 8-8 with most likely finishing 7-9.

Another useless December for the Bills! Ughh.

No wildcard is getting in at 9-7 this year so we'd have to beat not only GB and the next two, but NE away.

There's no way that will happen as I wanted to be positive like you. It won't happen. I'm following other solid teams my boys like for the rest of the year. I'll watch the Bills, but don't expect anything more than 8-8 with most likely finishing 7-9.

Another useless December for the Bills! Ughh.

im not giving up unless we lose to NYJ or Cleveland. 7-5 into December at least gives hope into Decmeber and will make the games interesting. Our playoffs just start a few months earlier than other teams haha

The first step of recovery is acknowledging you have a problem. :flirt:

Having said that, I rationalize the crap out of the schedule until the Bills are mathematically eliminated. Though it ended poorly, we had a 'snowballs chance' the year Mularkey coached us to 9-7. Yet, everything fell into place and we had a chance in the last week.

There's still hope...but it's lottery odd slim. I think we are more likely to win the division than the wild card. Need the Phins and Pats to tank. Oh...and we have to be really, really good.

The first step of recovery is acknowledging you have a problem. :flirt:

Having said that, I rationalize the crap out of the schedule until the Bills are mathematically eliminated. Though it ended poorly, we had a 'snowballs chance' the year Mularkey coached us to 9-7. Yet, everything fell into place and we had a chance in the last week.

There's still hope...but it's lottery odd slim. I think we are more likely to win the division than the wild card. Need the Phins and Pats to tank. Oh...and we have to be really, really good.

During the 2004 Mularkey season, we were 4-6 through 10 games, had only a 2-6 conference record, and we trailed several teams that were 8-3 and 7-4. We ended the season 9-7 and we were a last game of the season win vs Pittsburgh away from a playoff berth. We are actually in better shape now then we were back then

If we get to 7-5 heading into December we still have a shot. Its really not completely over yet

During the 2004 Mularkey season, we were 4-6 through 10 games, had only a 2-6 conference record, and we trailed several teams that were 8-3 and 7-4. We ended the season 9-7 and we were a last game of the season win vs Pittsburgh away from a playoff berth. We are actually in better shape now then we were back then

If we get to 7-5 heading into December we still have a shot. Its really not completely over yet

This just rejuvenated me and excited to root against other afc teams today. Pats need to lose 4 straight through this brutal stretch with 3 oj the road. Obviously not likely, but a key injury or something and we are back. Miami schedule looks easiest among many, so we will need a few upsets along the way (hopefully we take care of the Jets and they can knock of Miamia few times)

I get what youre saying, but that was a miraculous run of schedule where they played the worst 5 teams in the NFL in succession

Edited by May Day 10

IF we get to 7-5 at the end of this month I start looking hard again, but those last 4 games are gonna be tough...

Even Oakland is looking hard for a win (especially if still winless at that time!), and coast to coast travel never works well...

It's most likely over, but 7-5 at end of November gets me paying attention to playoff picture again.