Kyle Orton: Toe Injury

Dorkington

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/11/14/kyle-orton-emerges-from-loss-with-toe-injury/

After Thursday’s 22-9 loss to the Dolphins, Bills coach Doug Marrone said the possibility of switching back to quarterback EJ Manuel hasn’t crossed Marrone’s mind. There’s a chance Marrone may have no choice. Starter Kyle Orton emerged from the loss with a toe injury.

Haha. Excuse. Marrone doesn't want to admit he was wrong and Orton can't get it done so they are faking injury.

LOL. Admit he was wrong about what? Going 6-10 w/ EJ and Co. last season? 2-2 w/ EJ this season with horrible, regressed production from the QB position and now 3-3 with Orton with average production from the QB position that is now on the downswing again. There's no right and wrong here.

It's not like we made the playoffs last year with one QB and are spiraling out of control with the other. We weren't 4-0 with one QB this season and now 0-6 with the other either.

So EJ got benched - how was that a mistake if he ends up better b/c of it?

That is a smart way to switch QBs without looking like a complete idiot.

Now you just look like a complete liar.

ok. So maybe I meant to say it like this.

Either way, Marrone is looking like a toolbox right now. But that shouldn't matter because he has for 2 years now.

ok. So maybe I meant to say it like this.

Either way, Marrone is looking like a toolbox right now. But that shouldn't matter because he has for 2 years now.

Doug Morrone: "Hey Kyle come in my office I have to talk you about something."

Kyle Orton: "Sure no problem coach what's up?"

DM: "That was a tough loss out there, son (puts arm around shoulder.) Don't worry you won't have to be out there much longer (Stomps on Ortons foot with all of his former Offensive lineman weight)

KO: "Ahhhh! WTF!!! My Foot!! (Falls to the ground holding his foot) Why did your Herman Munster looking ass just stop on my foot!"

DM: (Towers over KO while on the floor)"SHHHHHH! If you're smart you won't tell anyone about this. Just collect your $5Million dollars and say it happened in the game. I need to make a QB change without looking like a complete idiot and this the only way I can do it. If you get any ideas just look at that game check and Shut your !@#$ing mouth. Now go see the trainer."

WRT the OP-

Maybe before the game Rex can massage it for him!

Haha. Excuse. Marrone doesn't want to admit he was wrong and Orton can't get it done so they are faking injury.

is this anything like when the Patriots fake injuries? Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

That is a smart way to switch QBs without looking like a complete idiot.

Now you just look like a complete liar.

It's not about looking good, bad, dumb, or smart.

It's about cleanly effecting a QB change with as little drama as possible. If an "injury" necessitates the change, it has to happen. Nothing anyone can do or say about it, really.

At least that is the theory behind this technique.

I suspect they will now embark on the "play EJ until he drops" plan to verify he has nothing to offer at the NFL level. Well, he can probably hold a clipboard and wear a baseball cap while standing on the sideline. That's about it.

Lol. I posted last week wondering what the mysterious Orton illness would be. Now we know, its a Toe injury. I loved how Marrone slipped it in at the end of his Presser last night and then slinked away from the podium.

This clown can't get fired soon enough for me.

I have come to the realization that it doesnt matter what QB they stick in their HACKET (and Marrone) are the problem

This team is not scoring points......and it has weapons so that is completely unacceptable

The coaching is pretty bad but no it doesn't have weapons except for Watkins - Woods not a weapon, neither is Hogan, TE awful, running backs meh.

The coaching is pretty bad but no it doesn't have weapons except for Watkins - Woods not a weapon, neither is Hogan, TE awful, running backs meh.

And Sammy isn't 100% to boot. That's as clear as day. Just doesn't have the explosion we saw earlier. I think that groin problem will linger all season unless he rests it sufficiently. He took himself out a couple times last night after aggravating it; at least that's how it appeared.

And we miss CJ and Freddy a lot.

GO BILLS!!!