Need to go back to power run game identity

Bocephuz

Last year we were at our best with Qb lining up under center , a fullback and the power run game. Opened up play action and generally gave us an identity. Ravens game was a good example

Hackett has gone shotgun crazy. Way more opportunities for deception under center than in shotgun. What do you think?

Dixon and Brown were picking up yards again today. I don't know why we didn't adjust the plan at half to emphasize the run.

The Bills ended the game with a 2.8 ypc avg with 19 rushes for 54 yards. The run game isn't working so the entire offense falls on the shoulders of the QB, and that only goes so far with a limited game planner / play caller.

The red zone offense was bad under EJ, and just as bad under Orton because there is no imagination, no ingenuity from the coaches.

I do agree with the OP to build a power run game. That endeavor would undertake firing this current HC & offensive staff, and hiring someone who knew WTF they were doing.

Last year we were at our best with Qb lining up under center , a fullback and the power run game. Opened up play action and generally gave us an identity. Ravens game was a good example

Hackett has gone shotgun crazy. Way more opportunities for deception under center than in shotgun. What do you think?

I think you are dead wrong.....well...you asked...

You can run more effectively out of shotgun when your offensive line sucks....my opinion...

I agree with the OP.

Acquire another power tailback, draft a monstrous guard or two, a blocking TE, and a fullback. Then run it down their !@#$ing throats.

Although, personally, that is my favorite offense to watch. So I may be a bit biased.

Sounds like you have got all the Bills problems solved in one draft......good job..