TBD after a loss

PromoTheRobot

I appreciate Promo's perspective to some degree, as it represents a level of maturity that is often lacking here. But at some point, can't we expect to win games that we dominate?

For everyone saying PTR is wrong or a homer they forget we dominated this game. This tough game against a good team with a top notch D; we dominated it.

We had it in the bag and we lost. It stings a little and indicates overall where this team is at - anyone who believed we were a better team then we showed yesterday was fooling themselves.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

For everyone saying PTR is wrong or a homer they forget we dominated this game. This tough game against a good team with a top notch D; we dominated it.

We had it in the bag and we lost. It stings a little and indicates overall where this team is at - anyone who believed we were a better team then we showed yesterday was fooling themselves.

There's a difference between a homer and an apologist.

There's a difference between a homer and an apologist.

Well, you're right.

We can excuse a lot of things that have happened to this team. Apologizing for it is hard to do but its all we can do. We're not lacking much, lets just count the losses and move on. It sucks.

Well, you're right.

We can excuse a lot of things that have happened to this team. Apologizing for it is hard to do but its all we can do. We're not lacking much, lets just count the losses and move on. It sucks.

The OP is set up perfectly for the usual defense of how the Bills play. "Hey folks, look at all the other teams that are perennial playoff contenders and SuperBowl champs. See, they're no different than the Bills."

Except, they are different.

Here's a serious question. Would Bills fans and the community be able to handle/contain themselves if this team was successful? We haven't been to the playoffs in 14/15 years, and haven't really done much during that time either, so would this fan base be able to enjoy the ride when the team is good again?

Here's a serious question. Would Bills fans and the community be able to handle/contain themselves if this team was successful? We haven't been to the playoffs in 14/15 years, and haven't really done much during that time either, so would this fan base be able to enjoy the ride when the team is good again?

I was enjoying this season just fine until Brown dropped the ball at the KC 5.

It's taken quite a few years (of therapeutic work :w00t: ) to not take the Bills' ups and downs as seriously as I used to (which started in 1968). The first game I ever attended the Bills lost to the Raiders 48-6. Yesterday's game would have been much more frustrating for me if it wasn't so familiar and sadly, predictable. I understand this group of players has no connection to the past, but it's amazing the Bills as a team has so consistently failed through their own ineptitude over the years. Seeing this played out over the past 46 years, with only a few stints of success, gets old and frustrating. So, I learned to detach and not get too caught up in the Bills misfortunes.

But to expect anonymous people on a Bills' message board to react in a measured and sane way is unrealistic. The venting here might prevent someone from punching a wall, kicking the dog or yelling at their kid. Or posting here might precede those events....who knows.

I actually enjoy the overreactions. The guy calling for Crossman's head, for instance, was amusing, as were the responses he got. It actually helps me to get over the losses when I read people's overreactions and I remember this is just a game, and not very important in the grand scheme of my life. To make a general post condemning other people's reactions is equally amusing, as are the responses.

So, keep it up TSW - the intended and unintended humor are much appreciated, as are the serious posts providing great insight, analysis and links to interesting resources. The only thing that would make this place better would be having a poster's BAC associated with each post.

Edited by WotAGuy

Preach it brother

Sucks we lost a game we otherwise dominated

It's a daunting schedule ahead - but it's that way every week in the nfl - if we rip off three straight wins and some other AFC teams lose - the tune changes

Hang in there true fans, a lot of season left, starting with a game we cannot afford to lose on Thursday night

Here we go again with people defining for us what a true fan is. I have been watching this team since it's inception and I will continue to root for them to win each and every Sunday regardless of their record. After watching them perform yesterday and blow yet another game that they should have won, I don't believe there is a snowball's chance in hell that this team makes the playoffs this year. I was hoping for the best and truly believed that they would beat KC at home. Playoff teams do not give away games that they should win. They win them. This one, plus the Houston game tells me that this team is not yet over the hump. Sorry if that doesn't meet your definition of a "true fan", but I know what I am seeing and I have seen it before. It hurts me, but again, you just can't give away games in the NFL and expect to make the playoffs. It just is not realistic. Edited by xsoldier54

why are certain people here so worried about what other people say or talk about?

Of course people are going to be discouraged and disappointed.

^

This.

No, PTR, this is different. A promising season went down the crapper on front of yet another sold out, crazy stadium. It only happens once a year, usually right around now.

Apathy will now set in and humor will follow that.

Let us vent. It's what we do in November.

Fans are nuts .thats why they are fans. Team had a good shot at winning Pissed me off we lost. Fans call for throwing more and we do Then fans say we should not have thrown and should have run. Coaching did not give us the loss. A couple of bad play at wrong time by players lost game. Let's get ready to beat Miami. GO BILLS

fan is short for "fanatics"

But I agree 100% with whoever said that anyone posting here at this point is as true a fan as there is and should never be questioned. Whether your a "kool aid drinker", apologist, or chicken little, we are all "good fans"

we should all get some sort of award.

Edited by May Day 10