Nice coaching, awesome job

You don't go for it on 4th and an inch but go for it on 4th and 10 with all timeouts and this defense? Kick the Field goal and then all you needed was FG range. I hate this team.

Spot on. In some ways those decisions were a microcosm of St. Doug's tenure thus far. They were rewarded by the defense for not going for it on fourth and short (thus, bailing them out or proving Marrone's decision a wise one) only to have it still come back to haunt them with Leodis's fumble. Then, when faced with his next fourth down decision, Marrone made the worst choice possible.

Facing the best passing defense in the league who is also one of the worst rush defenses in the league.

1st and 10 on their 12 yard line: Pass 4 times for zero yards.

1st and 10 on their 4 yard line: pass 3 times for zero yards.

Nate Hackett is the worst redzone offensive coordinator in the league.

This drove me insane today, glad I wasn't the only one who thought that.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So, because Orton made some misthrows in the red zone to wide open receivers, the coach sucks? Interesting. Why can't Marrone and Hackett put Brady on the field? I wonder.

No, the coaches suck for running the ball down the defense's throat for 65 yards and then deciding to throw 4 times in a row on the 12 instead of, oh I don't know, running some more?

That phantom false start was brutal. McKelvin is indicative of everything this franchise has done wrong. How many games has his screw ups cost us in his illustrious tenure? And, am I crazy, or should they have tried for a first down rather than take shot after shot at the endzone during that last real drive they had?

Or just run the ball. We needed 10 for a 1st down; didn't need the Throws to the end zone.

So, because Orton made some misthrows in the red zone to wide open receivers, the coach sucks? Interesting. Why can't Marrone and Hackett put Brady on the field? I wonder.

Call what works. Strategize for the opponent you are facing in this game. This stuff is elementary. KC's coverage was on point, even if there were some openings here and there. That wasn't their best play.

Keep calling your shots from the peanut gallery, man. It gets old. Maybe it looks smart to some people, but it doesn't change the result.

This game was lost by the offense and special teams, although even the special teams played well at times. Kick offs and punt coverage were good, McKelvin's fumble was bad. The fumble into the end zone and Orton's missed throws in the end zone were pretty bad. I thought the offensive coaches called an okay game with a couple of excetions, but I won't pick on them, Really, the players lost this one. Buffalo, nor any team, is gonna win many games only scoring 13 points.

Spot on. In some ways those decisions were a microcosm of St. Doug's tenure thus far. They were rewarded by the defense for not going for it on fourth and short (thus, bailing them out or proving Marrone's decision a wise one) only to have it still come back to haunt them with Leodis's fumble. Then, when faced with his next fourth down decision, Marrone made the worst choice possible.

This drove me insane today, glad I wasn't the only one who thought that.

I disliked the punt on 4th and 1, and then go for it on 4th and ten. It seemed like two different HC's were making those calls.

Call what works. Strategize for the opponent you are facing in this game. This stuff is elementary. KC's coverage was on point, even if there were some openings here and there. That wasn't their best play.

Keep calling your shots from the peanut gallery, man. It gets old. Maybe it looks smart to some people, but it doesn't change the result.

So picking apart your knee-jerk tantrum is "calling shots from the peanut gallery?"

Run more Bryce Brown, when he fumbles, Fire Marrone!!! Easy to blame the coaches when the players make bone-head mistakes. "Who put Bryce Brown out there?!?!?!?!"

Edited by FireChan

I disliked the punt on 4th and 1, and then go for it on 4th and ten. It seemed like two different HC's were making those calls.

I think you're right, it was two different HC's making those calls. Maybe it's because Marrone seems to manage games moment by moment rather than with the larger picture in mind. He goes on whims, you can see it every time they cut to him on the sidelines and it looks like he's on the can.

I blame coaching, they have all these new plays in between the 20s, and then in the red zone, they throw everything out the window. The coaches go into the shotgun, the coaches put Brown in over Jackon, the coaches call 4 passing plays in a row in the red zone(and if they knew they were in four down territory, why have four endzone passes???), the coaches don't call blitzs on 3rd and long, the coaches are the castrated mules that don't go for it on 4th and a football length, but idiotic enough to go for it on 4th and 10.

I saw only 3 players that single-handedly blew the game today: McKelvin, Brown, Lawson

The Bills as a team grabbed defeat from the jaws of victory

Edited by Teen Insight

So picking apart your knee-jerk tantrum is "calling shots from the peanut gallery?"

Tantrum? I know from tantrums.

Run more Bryce Brown, when he fumbles, Fire Marrone!!! Easy to blame the coaches when the players make bone-head mistakes. "Who put Bryce Brown out there?!?!?!?!"

It's almost as if there weren't another running back on the field, I know, dude.

You think it couldn't have changed the complexion of the late game play-calling?

I'll admit that it might not have stopped McDumbass from wasting extra clock dancing around on the last punt return.

Do you have any reason to believe the Chiefs would not have gotten a first down and run down the clock?

The defense brought it as usual. Jim Schwartz and his players are kicking ass. Holding a very smart QB and Jamaal Charles to 17 points should be enough to win.

Those of us who cautioned that Marrone / Hackett were getting lucky and flying by the seat of their pants looked awful right this week. And that sucks, because this game was super-winnable.

Leodis deserves two big X's for today, but points were left on the board by this offense more than once.

This coach is wasting a pretty good team.

Marrone didn't fumble a ball out of the end zone. Marrone didn't fumble a punt on the 25. Marrone didn't fail to see a wide open Hogan on 3rddown. Scwartz did fail to design contain on 4th and one. This one isn't on Marrone or Hackett. Too many mind numbing mistakes by the players.

I think it is really hard to argue with the idea that this team is, for whatever reason, very much subpar in the red zone, especially compared to how well it can play outside of it.

If that is not on coaching, I'd like to know what it is. One can argue that it's players, and it's always players in the end, but the results are pointing to a larger issue.

3 plays in a row that have not worked all day? Leaving points on the board?

They did get majorly f---ed by 1 or 2 calls, but still, this game was winnable.

I think it was 4 plays in a row that hadn't worked all game. 4 straight shots to the end zone when we still could've had another first down at the 5. With our red-zone offense these were low-percentage plays, especially on a day when it was clear that Kyle was a bit off.

Marrone is in over his head.

Leodis is an awful football player.

Watkins isn't worth an extra 2015 1st round pick and a 4th.

The Cleveland Browns will be a playoff team before the Buffalo Bills.

Could not agree more!

Tantrum? I know from tantrums.

It's almost as if there weren't another running back on the field, I know, dude.

Gotta strategize though, Bryce was killing them on the ground, and catching those short balls. Wouldn't stop the peanut gallery from crucifying the coaches if he fumbled again.