How would YOU defend Travis Kelce (or fill in the blank TE)

YoloinOhio

last year against the saints, we put gilmore on graham. graham's only two catches came against other defenders (both for tds) - gilmore held him to zero yards. last week revis matched up on julius thomas all night, that worked pretty well too.

my answer is stephon gilmore, man to man.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with the others that have said A.Williams is the key to stopping Kelce and Gronk. The times Williams has not been out there, the secondary has been exposed. Williams isn't having the statistical season I predicted, but he's making an impact and is crucial to the team's second half. The Chefs have no one who can beat Gilmore or McKelvin one on one, I expect to see a lot of man on the outside and shading on Kelce

Edited by GreggyT

I could watch that on repeat all day.

And yet, many would call that a cheap shot. Fifteen years ago for sure, we would all be upset seeing that calling it a low shot to the knees. The game has changed. If you try to hit these new big TE's too high you'll get a helmet to helmet penalty. You'll also probably get ran over if you do not just bounce off. The only way to take out these big TE's is to aim that low and it's going to cut years off of many of these guys careers.

And yet, many would call that a cheap shot. Fifteen years ago for sure, we would all be upset seeing that calling it a low shot to the knees. The game has changed. If you try to hit these new big TE's too high you'll get a helmet to helmet penalty. You'll also probably get ran over if you do not just bounce off. The only way to take out these big TE's is to aim that low and it's going to cut years off of many of these guys careers.

Exactly. People complain about low hits on TEs like that but all you have to do is watch players try to tackle guys like Gronk by wrapping him up or hitting him from the front to see why that's a bad idea.

If teams or the NFL wants players to stop hitting TEs like that then they need to stop using them as 6-and-a-half foot tanks.

he's two inches shorter than Chandler, same weight, and only a couple tenths of a second quicker in the 40..

why should Schwarz do anything special to shut him down? let him have his underneath routes, and don't lose him in the seam.. no biggie..

Edited by BackInDaDay

he's two inches shorter than Chandler, same weight, and only a couple tenths of a second quicker in the 40..

why should Schwarz do anything special to shut him down? let him have his underneath routes, and don't lose him in the seam.. no biggie..

he is touted as Gronk,jr. He seems to be quite the playmaker, though they are playing him about half the snap count of Fasano because his blocking isn't quite there.

nickel with corey graham in coverage. Also, help inside from linebackers and AW behind him. when we are in a 4-3 Preston or either safety depending on the look.

Sheldon Richardson giving props to alex and the tightends http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000420002/article/sheldon-richardson-alex-smith-is-a-game-manager

Edited by SJDK