'Cuse Hoops 2014-15 - New York's College Team!!!

The Poojer

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My one complaint with Ennis was that he didn't push the ball at all; good to see us get back to more of a fast break offense.

In related news, Ennis was able to play some garbage time minutes a few days ago when Phoenix blew out the Lakers.

When I saw Ennis try to push it at SU, it wasn't pretty. I'm betting he was told not to as it wasn't a strength.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think he will get enough playing time for us to ever find out. Admittedly, Phoenix was about the worst place he could land.

Completely agree on Phoenix being the worst place for him to be drafted.

when is coleman gonna get his ass out on the court, i think this team will be just fine, these games are hopefully being used to see what is out there in real time...i think this team has so much talent they are just trying to find the right pieces....

Caught most of the Hampton game. A bit of a struggle on offense. Guys like Roberson and Johnson got a lot of open looks and couldn't convert.

I have a feeling I will be really frustrated with Rak this year-- nice moves but hasn't been able to finish yet.

Duke and Carolina are freaking loaded. Gonna be a battle among the titans of the ACC this year.

Kennedy Meeks and Brice Johnson will eat all the oranges. Go heels

I hate to admit it, but this looks to be the case. I think Syracuse will ultimately be better than most expect, but Duke and UNC (especially Duke) are loaded with NBA ready talent and should easily handle Syracuse. Okafor, Jones and Winslow added to an already talented roster...oh my. I look forward to Duke hosting MSU tomorrow night.

I hate to admit it, but this looks to be the case. I think Syracuse will ultimately be better than most expect, but Duke and UNC (especially Duke) are loaded with NBA ready talent and should easily handle Syracuse. Okafor, Jones and Winslow added to an already talented roster...oh my. I look forward to Duke hosting MSU tomorrow night.

I am not going to admit it and let Ryan billz have his day in the sun!!

http://www.syracuse.com/orangesports/index.ssf/2014/11/ncaa_investigation_internship_hours_ties_between_ymca_and_syracuse_athletes_part.html

Some information about the NCAA's investigation of "improper benefits" to student athletes. It appears that a man not directly affiliated with the University is in hot water for embezzling a bunch of money from a YMCA in the Syracuse area. This same man apparently coordinated an internship program which many Syracuse athletes participated in. Apparently, this internship was part of a Child and Family Studies course that was popular among SU student athletes. The investigation, allegedly, delves into whether any Syracuse athletes received any of the embezzled cash.

I think this will all be cleared up. Doesn't appear as serious as I once thought.

Pretty excited to see them against better teams so we can have an idea how they stack up against the big boys. I really hope we get to see them against Texas in the final.

Btw. Did anyone else watch Kentucky beat Kansas down the other night? It was disgusting. I don't know how anyone will compete with them.

Edited by KikoSeeBallKikoGetBall

Pretty excited to see them against better teams so we can have an idea how they stack up against the big boys. I really hope we get to see them against Texas in the final.

Btw. Did anyone else watch Kentucky beat Kansas down the other night? It was disgusting. I don't know how anyone will compete with them.

Kentucky's bench (or 2nd platoon) could probably beat a few NBA teams. Disgusting.

This version of SU hoops isn't real good. They are getting run out of the gym by Cal. Cuse has no go to players. McCullough and Joseph show flashes but right now they aren't ready. Maybe they get better throughout the season and be ready tournament time. When silent G is your go to offensive player you are in trouble.

Edited by inkman

Honestly, kind of expected the bad offense tonight. They have no scorers. I would almost like to see them run more full court, go 10 deep, and generate more fast break opportunities.

The wings need a lot more work on defense. They just left cal guys wide open under the basket? That was the most troubling. If the offense is going to be rough, they need the defense to play better.