(OT) Ebay seller. Taking too long to ship.

OnTheRocks

But what a great idea. I don't think I'd worry too much about the Post Office Police trying to track you down for some bogus magazine subscriptions.

224535[/snapback]

Actually, the FBI could get involved...

Especially if you do it online, your IP address is easy to track down to you.

CW

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, the FBI could get involved...

Especially if you do it online, your IP address is easy to track down to you.

CW

224549[/snapback]

Let's see... war in Iraq, homeland security, terrorist plots against the US, me sending you 10 subscriptions to "Frank and Beans" magazine...

Let's see... war in Iraq, homeland security, terrorist plots against the US, me sending you 10 subscriptions to "Frank and Beans" magazine...

224563[/snapback]

I'd have to agree ...unless you are shipping like massive amounts of magazine to say Tom Donahoe's house I think the government has better things to do. ...by the way, u need tom's address?

As for ebay, the longest I waited for something was 3 weeks. Not sure what the seller's history is, but I usually make sure they have decent feedback before I buy from them.

I bought a book from a guy off of ebay.  It was paid for the same day I won the bid.  17 days have passed and I still do not have the book.

He was shipping from Kentucky to me in Upstate NY.

I emailed him the other day and asked him for the status or tracking of the book, he responded by inidcating he believed I was from Canada and I should sit tight.

I told him...no...I am from Upstate NY. 

He replied, sit tight, it should be to you shortly.

How long to I "sit tight" before giving him a bad report and asking for my money back?

The book was only $3.00 and shipping was $4.50 so I don't want to make a big deal about it but, I just don't care for sending money out to some nimrod who might be ripping me off.

224416[/snapback]

In answer to your question, I buy and sell on Ebay all the time. I have purchased/sold about 1400 items on Ebay. In that time, I have only left two negative feedbacks, and received two. When you buy something, it is always wise to check the sellers feedback rating. I would wait another week or so before leaving negative or neutural feedback. If he left you positive feedback already, I would assume that he did send the item out...there can be mail screw ups from time to time. If another week passes, and still no item, ask for a refund. It is a small amount of money, he will likely refund it without a problem. How long ago did the leave your positive feedbacK? When I sell something, I leave the feedback the day I mail the item out. People who have lots of items for sale, often mail out once or twice a week, rather than daily. I know it sucks, when you pay with PAYPAL, you would think it would speed everything up, but not always...

I bought a book from a guy off of ebay.  It was paid for the same day I won the bid.  17 days have passed and I still do not have the book.

He was shipping from Kentucky to me in Upstate NY.

I emailed him the other day and asked him for the status or tracking of the book, he responded by inidcating he believed I was from Canada and I should sit tight.

I told him...no...I am from Upstate NY. 

He replied, sit tight, it should be to you shortly.

How long to I "sit tight" before giving him a bad report and asking for my money back?

The book was only $3.00 and shipping was $4.50 so I don't want to make a big deal about it but, I just don't care for sending money out to some nimrod who might be ripping me off.

224416[/snapback]

Simple: get a gun. You know his home address right?

:)

I've filed complaints with both Ebay and Paypal, and the process is quite long and aggravating and will take no less than 30 days.  In fact, I don't think you can file a complaint with either Ebay or Paypal until 30 days after the auction ends.  I'd wait another week or two, then file the complaint.

224446[/snapback]

Thats the correct info. I just filed a complaint in November for Paypal. You need to wait for 30 days but if you dont file within 2 months(I think) you cannot file a claim. It is lengthy. I filed on Dec 11th, the auction ended Nov 11. I just received the money a couple weeks ago.

Book rate can take a while, and there is no tracking available.  I would give it another week or so and then notify the seller if you haven't received it.  Most sellers would refund your money rather than dealing with a negative feedback.

224472[/snapback]

Ever wonder why the differant rates and why it would take "book" rate "another week"? Do they actually IGNORE low cost postage items at the post office? Do they put the slow guys, just back from lunch, to sort thru cheap mail?

How was it shipped?

If it was regular parcel USPS (motto - if it absolutely, positively would be nice if it gets there, maybe, hopefully in the not too distant future)  it wouldn't surprise me at all if it takes in excess of a week, maybe 2. 

When did he ship? Again, depending on the method, if it's more than 2 weeks ago & it's traceable, have him do so.

I'm reluctant (& apparently so is everybody else) to leave negative feedback, but assuming he waited more than a few days to ship, I think that calls for a Neutral.  As someone suggested though, it might be prudent to wait for him to leave your feedback.

224481[/snapback]

For Xmas I ordered an Iggle jersey for my Father in law from PHILLY.

Now mind you I live an hour and a half from Philly. It took TWO WEEKS to get to me.

You have his address. Go online, find every gay magazine you can, and subscribe him to them. Use the "Send me a Bill" or "Bill me later" option. That way, he'll get at least the first issue, and a bill for each one.

224450[/snapback]

Thats good....I've been burned once and will remember that.....

why don't you use your powers for good instead of evil??? :)

This guy lost seven bucks and he already gets 2 pages of responses.  Man, do I miss football season.

224760[/snapback]

:) That's what i thought.

I will give the guy another week, again, because it isn't a big deal in dollar value. I was just looking for some advice on feedback etiquette.

Be patient. It's always wise to give the other party (in this case, the seller) the benefit of a doubt. If you start spouting off or acting irrationally, just think how foolish you'll feel if the book arrives in a couple of days.

When you communicate with the seller, be respectful. Act as if you're on the same team. If the seller does large volumes of business, he/she has probably been through this before and isn't as worried as you. If it's the post office who's handling the delivery, it would not be the first time a package has taken a circuitous route. I used to get Shout! and sometimes it would take 3 or 4 weeks to get to me. God only knows where it goes in that time.

Give it a little more time. If it still hasn't shown up after 4 weeks, the seller SHOULD offer a refund or offer some kind of consolation/replacement. Only if the seller totally blows you off and ignores your concerns should you take it to the next level.

I bought an electronic device off an Ebay seller. It was advertised as "like new". To me, "like new" means it functions as if just bought new. At any rate, the thing never worked, seller never responded to emails. Never heard from the seller until I left negative feedback for him. VERY quickly he responded with negative feedback for me. He had the balls to leave comment that "it was only $20".

Anyway, this dickhead (in Miami BTW), started getting a lot of bad feedback. He was basically a con artist. I think there had been some negative feedback previously, but I ignored them. Eventually, the jerk was thrown off of Ebay. Even so, I'm left with a black mark on my feedback percentage.

It ain't worth it. Be patient.

Chances are, if the seller has a record of positive feedback, and has responded to your concerns, it will get worked out amicably.

Eventually, the jerk was thrown off of Ebay. Even so, I'm left with a black mark on my feedback percentage.

224837[/snapback]

You can get that removed. A similar thing happened to my Mom with there being a bad Ebayer. They were kicked off, so she asked EBay to remove the bad comment and they did.