Jose Canseco shoots self...

Beerball

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly think it's more about determining whether one is mentally healthy enough to safely own a firearm. I realized bad guys will find ways to get their hands on guns. No laws are going to change that. I just want there to be a system in place that results in guns legally ending up with people who have no business owning them.

I don't think a semi-automatic weapon is necessary for self-defense. And if someone wants to own one for target shooting fun, then leave it at the range; locked up and secure.

I'm not for removing guns from anyone, either. I'd just like to see some changes moving forward that allow people to be able have firearms for protection and for recreation. There's got to be some give and take from both sides of this issue. The end result should be easily agreed upon, in my opinion.

To keep it safe from yourself?

To be fair, if someone posed me the question "What baseball player would consider most likely to shoot himself while cleaning a loaded gun?" I'd have answered "Jose Canseco" with barely a second's thought. Has anyone ever credited Canseco with a surfeit of brains?

Not since the ball hit him in the head and bounced over the fence for a home run.

yeah. Makes sense.

On that note. If we keep passing laws to ban certain weapons, etc... Where does it end? In the end, it's all about the government taking away a right.

I'm pretty sure PPP.

I'll give this another try.

If y'all want to ridicule Canseco this is the thread for you. If you want to get into deeper discussions take 'em to PPP.

This try was way better than your first attempt. That was a little weak.

I hope Justin Bieber is next.

I thought you'd have said Tom Petty.

"I honestly think it's more about determining whether one is mentally healthy enough to safely own a firearm. I realized bad guys will find ways to get their hands on guns. No laws are going to change that. I just want there to be a system in place that results in guns legally ending up with people who have no business owning them. "

An Intarwebs classic right there.

Wish Jim's Flintknocker link was around. Feral pigs. The scourge of the South. That was an eye-opener.

Maybe the citizenry would feel a lot safer if all Cops were issued a single bullet that they couldn't load until they needed it. That's how Andy of Mayberry kept Barney Fife in line - and the citizens of Mayberry safe.