October 28th, 1959

I still cannot stand Bud Adams. He and Jerry Jones are two owners I have hated for what they have done to the sport. I know Ralph got the best of Adams and only made him look like a fool in the end but Adams holding so much anger at the Bills that he flipped them off and got fined was the best!

Ralph was cheap.

LoL... You can kinda tell the personalities of the owners by how they were dressed. The pic was taken in 1961 and culture was starting to change from everybody doing the same, looking the same. There is some real individualistic dress in that pic! The real cheap one was Carl Kunz (Denver), does he even have a suit/sport coat on? There was the Broncos ugly used uniforn issue too. Billy Sullivan looks like a real foolish spender in his plaid jacket, glad Ralph kept the Patriots from folding... Now they are beating us senseless, gee thanks Ralph for bailing them out. Then there is Hilton's white pants. Are those white? Was the pic take after Memorial day and before Labor Day? It looks like he is stepping off a yacht. Ralph looks like one of the more conservatively dressed fellas. Not too date... Yet, those early 1960's narrow skinny ties and narrow Windsor knots (on all) are an era dead give away!

Wow! Just wow! Enter 1961, what happened to the straight-laced 1950's!

Can you clarify something for me? I thought Ralph originally wanted the franchise in Miami, but it was given to someone else. I don't see a Miami representative in this picture...

No Miami team til 66. The Dolphins team was founded by attorney/politician Joe Robbie and actor/comedianDanny Thomas. They began play in the American Football League in 1966.