Kansas City; What's going to happen?

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the chiefs struggle to beat the Jets, even if they win, we might actually finally be favored for a week. I think we've only been favorites once this whole season.

we were favored against Miami and Minn I think. I'd rather be the underdog at home. This team feeds off of it. I think KC is favored unless they have a bad home loss to Jersey Jests.

If the chiefs struggle to beat the Jets, even if they win, we might actually finally be favored for a week. I think we've only been favorites once this whole season.

Or it will be all about the "resiliency of the Jets," and "the genius of Rex Ryan," and "rising from the ashes," and other such nonsense. I wish there were a vomiting emoticon, but there isn't, so I'll go with this one: :sick: (close enough).

But, either way, they still won't favor us. The media is almost as conditioned as we are to not have faith in the Bills.

These teams are very similar. KC gets after the quarterback just as well as buffalo and has tallied 24 sacks on the year to Buffalo's 28. They will need to keep Justin Houston off Orton, as he leads the team with 10 of those sacks. For Buffalo, it's the same recipe they had versus the Jets. Pressure up the middle with Williams and Dareus. Where I do not want to see them get beat is by Jamaal Charles. Alex Smith is efficient, but I think that's because the run game takes a lot of pressure off of him. Orton has been pretty good, but he's taking sacks on an alarming 10.8% of passing plays. That is ahead of the pace of David Carr when he was getting killed in Houston back in the day. Bills gotta keep him upright.

I love when people suggest this as though it never entered Hackett's mind. The O-line on Bills has a hard enough time blocking, having the shift and move to setup special runs and screens is something they are probably not capable of.

You could be right about the jet sweep run. But they can have designated runs to the left or right. Up the middle 90% of the time on first down is not the only play in the playbook. You know it and everyone else does. Except who ever is calling the plays.

These teams are very similar. KC gets after the quarterback just as well as buffalo and has tallied 24 sacks on the year to Buffalo's 28. They will need to keep Justin Houston off Orton, as he leads the team with 10 of those sacks. For Buffalo, it's the same recipe they had versus the Jets. Pressure up the middle with Williams and Dareus. Where I do not want to see them get beat is by Jamaal Charles. Alex Smith is efficient, but I think that's because the run game takes a lot of pressure off of him. Orton has been pretty good, but he's taking sacks on an alarming 10.8% of passing plays. That is ahead of the pace of David Carr when he was getting killed in Houston back in the day. Bills gotta keep him upright.

Older brother Carr was sacked like 35 or 45 times in his first 8 games. Saw this stat somewhere over the weekend.

I like his little brother better. Little bro only like 6 or so sacks taken.

Oh wait, the stat was during the raider/brown game.

Edited by Clippers of Nfl

This will be a tough battle. We will need to play better offensively than we did last week or we will not win this game. Chiefs offense, particularly the running game is legit. Make Alex Smith beat us in the air and play error free on offense and we win. Otherwise a lot of people could be disappointed.

Is this another "if you're serious about the playoffs" you must win this game too?

From this point forward the team needs to win games against similar competition and lessor teams to make the playoffs. If they do they should be in easily, if they don't they have to hope for upsets over either the Broncos, Green Bay, and/or New England. That said ,the more they win the higher that "similar competition" line rises, meaning they have to show they can beat Green Bay and/or New England by that point in the season.

Edited by A Dog Named Kelso

I think we gotta win the next 4 to have a realistic shot at the playoffs.

the way I see it- we will need 10 wins to get to the playoffs. We can lose 3. Right now, I think we will lose in Miami, NE and Denver. We need to win at home against the Pack and the Chiefs.