56 members have voted

1. 1. your prediction?

• 11-5
    • 10-6
    • 9-7
    • 8-8
    • 7-9
    • 6-10

Okay, here is a poll on predicting the Bills end-of-season record. One power ranking for the NFL right now is

http://seattletimes.com/html/seahawks/2024865732_nflpowerrankings26xml.html

1 (1)

Broncos ::::::::::::::::::::::::::: week 14 LOSS away

2 (3)

Eagles

3 (4)

Cowboys

4 (6)

Colts

5 (7)

Cardinals

6 (2)

Chargers loss week 3

7 (9)

Patriots loss week 6:::::::::::week 17 LOSS away

8 (10)

Packers ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::week 15 LOSS

9 (12)

Ravens

10 (5)

Seahawks

11 (8)

49ers

12 (15)

Lions week 5 win

13 (11)

Bengals

14 (17)

Bills

15 (18)

Chiefs ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::week 10 WIN home

16 (22)

Dolphins:won week 2:::::::::week 11 WIN away

17 (13)

Bears

18 (23)

Steelers

19 (14)

Panthers

20 (26)

Rams

21 (16)

Browns ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::week 13 WIN home

22 (19)

Saints

23 (20)

Texans loss week 4

24 (27)

Washington

25 (21)

Titans

26 (24)

Falcons

27 (25)

Jets won week 8::::::::::::::::::::week 12 WIN home

28 (31)

Jaguars

29 (28)

Giants

30 (29)

Buccaneers

31 (30)

Vikings won week7

32 (32)

Raider::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::week 16 WIN away

We are 5-3 now and have yet to play 5 teams that are “weaker” and 3 teams that are “stronger”. If the rankings are accurate, then the prediction is 10-6, which should get us into the playoffs. Realize that our defensive line should allow us to bully the weaker teams on the schedule and might give problems to the stronger teams on the schedule. What is your vote?

5 games that *should* be winnable, so I say we'll win 3 or 4 of those (not every "should" win happens, afterall). 3 games that we "should" lose, so I'll say we lose two or three of those.....

So I'm going with 9-7 or 10-6 at this point.... not exactly a brave prediction.

5 games that *should* be winnable, so I say we'll win 3 or 4 of those (not every "should" win happens, afterall). 3 games that we "should" lose, so I'll say we lose two or three of those.....

So I'm going with 9-7 or 10-6 at this point.... not exactly a brave prediction.

Those 5 games being the next 4 (KC, @Mia, NYJ, Cle) and @Oak. I'm wary of the Miami game - on the road, Thursday night...if the defense holds their own, they can win, but I wouldn't be surprised if they lose that one.

The other three are tough. I can't see them beating Denver, unless Schwartz calls the game of his life. They *could* beat Green Bay, but only because that game is at home. And they just never seem to have enough luck to beat the Bradys.

I say they lose the tough three and lose one of the winnable games - 9-7.

Edited by BuffaloWings

The key games for me are the two in the short week when we return... Kansas City and Miami. We at worst must split those. Ideally win both. Then Green Bay at home which is the winnable one of our 3 tough games. Jets, Browns and @Oakland I'm very confident we win. I think 9-7... but winning both of KC and Miami or splitting but beating Green Bay gets us to 10 wins.

Those 5 games being the next 4 (KC, @Mia, NYJ, Cle) and @Oak. I'm wary of the Miami game - on the road, Thursday night...if the defense holds their own, they can win, but I wouldn't be surprised if they lose that one.

The other three are tough. I can't see them beating Denver, unless Schwartz calls the game of his life. They *could* beat Green Bay, but only because that game is at home. And they just never seem to have enough luck to beat the Bradys.

I say they lose the tough three and lose one of the winnable games - 9-7.

Yeah, the Dolphins game will be tough, and in fact, I probably shouldn't include it in the "should win" category. They are playing significantly better than when we saw them earlier this year, so we'll see how it goes.

You know... for some reason I thought KC was playing worse than they are.... that's going to be a really tough game as well.

1 Sun, Sep 7 vs Tennessee L 26-10
2 Sun, Sep 14 @ Denver  L 24-17
3 Sun, Sep 21 @ Miami  W 34-15
4 Mon, Sep 29 vs New England W 41-14
5 Sun, Oct 5 @ San Francisco L 22-17
6 BYE WEEK
7 Sun, Oct 19 @ San Diego W 23-20
8 Sun, Oct 26 vs St. Louis W 34-7

That's a hell of a schedule... wins against some real quality teams. Tough losses to Denver and SF on the road... damn.

I've scrutinized the AFC schedule for the second half and see us going 4-4 in the remaining games, with tough road losses in Miami, Denver, and NE. I think we'll lose one other, probably GB, or maybe KC. We'll end up at 9-7.

For the rest of the AFC:

DEN 14-2 home field throughout

NE, BAL, PIT, IND all 11-5

SD 9-7

In this scenario we just miss the playoffs due to the tie breaker with SD. If we can pull out one more win and end 10-6 we'll make the playoffs. It will be close.

9-7 same as preseason prediction. 3-1 next four games, loss @ Miami, 1-3 final four, win over Oakland. Post season will be close, could take a win in NE to go 10-6 to do it.

If we go 3-1 over the next four games as you and others predict, we'll be 8-4.

Do you think maybe the players (and coaches) then start to take it up a notch because they can smell the preseason? Sometimes teams catch a fire and start to roll.

If we can go 3-1 and then 2-2, this would be a very fun season.

You know... for some reason I thought KC was playing worse than they are.... that's going to be a really tough game as well.

1 Sun, Sep 7 vs Tennessee L 26-10
2 Sun, Sep 14 @ Denver L 24-17
3 Sun, Sep 21 @ Miami W 34-15
4 Mon, Sep 29 vs New England W 41-14
5 Sun, Oct 5 @ San Francisco L 22-17
6 BYE WEEK
7 Sun, Oct 19 @ San Diego W 23-20
8 Sun, Oct 26 vs St. Louis W 34-7

That's a hell of a schedule... wins against some real quality teams. Tough losses to Denver and SF on the road... damn.

KC is an enigma to me. They lose to an iffy Tennessee team, beat a Miami team that everyone loved at the time, whacked the Patsies, lost to struggling San Fran, and beat a solid San Diego team. I'm still not sold on them yet, but they won't be easy to beat.

Edited by BuffaloWings

9-7 with the coaching staff and front office being kept intact... I know the O-line was addressed big time in the off season, but it appears as though they missed on 3 of the 4 additions... So hopefully this next draft they get it right....

Have patience. There is a big difference between college and the pros, as you know. We went for size- and those guys may have been able to get away with undeveloped tool kits in college, but may need some coaching up in technique, better strength training and physically some growing still to come. Men peak somewhere in their mid 20's or between 20 and 30- a 21 or 22 year old probably still has some room to grown. One or two more of these young'ens may become good or adequate starters.