Bills at Jets Postgame - Bye Week Information

Bills ‘D’ top 10 in handful of key categories

The Bills defense has put together a heck of a first half of the season. Under new coordinator Jim Schwartz they lead the league in sacks with 28 and rank first in total takeaways and first in interceptions. They also rank in the top 10 in a few other key defensive categories. Just don’t expect the players on the defensive unit to pay it much thought.

@buffalobills

B0-eC8FIQAEQB2H.jpg

Doug Marrone on the #Bills next 8 games: "The one message I tried to convey to the team today: it doesn't get easier, it gets harder."

Doug Marrone on the talent of the #Bills D: "I never put a ceiling on how good those guys can be ... They'll be as good as they want to be"

Doug Marrone on tomorrow's trade deadline: "There haven't been any discussions ... But I learned that in this league, you never know"

Doug Marrone on the #Bills run game: "It's got to get better from top to bottom."

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am proud that Orton has educated himself and found ideals which champion his own beliefs and causes. If more people did this we would be a much better world, disirregardless of what political beliefs that they would hold.

This times 10,000,000. I've grown tired of our "nation of sheep" in which people "take a position" based upon what they've been fed by PACs and lobbyists who have dumbed-down important issues to catchy soundbites on a 15-second political ad. It's an embarrassment, and the sad part is these people don't even know they're being played.

And I don't care what your position is, as long as you can logically and reasonably explain/support it and don't think people who logically and reasonably believe differently are "evil."

I was already a fan of Orton's professionalism on the field, but I'm a bigger fan now of Orton the person after reading that article.

Preston Brown: "We're Making Plays" (1:22)

The Bills linebacker talks about keeping Geno Smith rattled, his interception, and coming into the Jets game as an underdog.

Boobie Dixon: "I Love Football, Being Out There" (1:26)

The Bills running back talks about how tough it was to run the ball against the Jets, how physical the game was, and what it means to be 5-3 at the bye week.

Aaron Williams: "We love when he's rattled" (1:29)

Bills safety Aaron Williams talks about the defensive effort against the Jets, his interception, and disrupting quarterback Geno Smith.

Marrone: "It doesn't get easier, it gets harder" (4:18)

Bills head coach Doug Marrone addressed the media on Monday to discuss the pressure of the remaining schedule, Kyle Orton's demeanor, and the defensive play through the first eight games.

10-27: ERIC WOOD ON WGR (22:30)

Bills not taking 5-3 start for granted as they prepare for crucial November

By Joe Buscaglia

2982568.jpeg?1414463079

For only the fourth time since 2000, the Buffalo Bills carry a 5-3 record through the first half of the season and the last two times it happened for the organization -- 2008 and 2011-- the team collapsed and ended the year with a losing record.

Especially with the bye week on the way for Buffalo, it could serve as a breeding ground for complacency. But the current Bills squad knows that the job isn’t close to complete.

Watkins, Bills ‘D’ make PrimeTime’s Countdown

Pro Football Hall of Famer Deion Sanders does his weekly PrimeTime Countdown and the Bills got a dual nod.

Checking in at number eight on his top 10, Buffalo’s defense with six takeaways and Sammy Watkins with his three-catch 157-yard, one touchdown performance earned the kudos on the countdown.

You can watch PrimeTime’s Countdown right here or on NFL Network every week.

@YardsPerPass

I am going to be honest... I forgot how good of a throw Orton's 1st TD was. Look how early he starts his throw #Bills

B1Cte8wCQAAPEFd.jpg

Yeah, I noticed that. At first, it seemed like the throw was a tad behind Woods, but when you realize he chucked it before Woods even made the break, you see it was a fantastic throw. The DB had no chance to get his head around to make a play - even though the ball was so close to him - because of how early Orton threw it.