Zach Mettenberger to start for Titans in week 8

YoloinOhio

Locker has been hurt but reportedly ready to go; benched

@ESPNNFL: The Titans have made rookie QB Zach Mettenberger their starter on Sunday vs Houston -> http://t.co/ZPvafUTFuM http://t.co/eyLxDfamUM

Titans OL sketchy... JJ watt coming at the rook

@TitansMCM: ICYMI, there is a report that there was a lot of tension between Whisenhunt and Locker #Titans http://t.co/6Ix3ZyLwaY

Edited by YoloinOhio

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@greggrosenthal: This looks like the quiet end of the Jake Locker era in Tennessee http://t.co/dD2uSO94hi

They had already declined his 5th yr option; writing was on the wall. 8th overall pick in that 2011 draft that was stacked in the 1st rd.

Who was really high on this kid? Was it Buffalo Barbarian?

i was impressed with him in college. He has character red flags and injury concern but has classic pocket presence and an nfl arm. IMO. Edited by YoloinOhio

i think there were a few people that were curious as a flyer to replace Tuel. Not just ZM but a few of those mid round prospects.

if an opinion on a qb sounded like it came from someone that was really high, BB might be who you are thinking of though.

I don't think you're referring to me but before the draft I was all for the Bills drafting Mettenberger in the 3rd round or later because of his arm talent. I thought EJ was going to improve but even if he didn't, that he would likely start the whole year and they'd let Mettenberger sit for a year and have a QB competition next offseason. I'm already half wrong.

Many of us (including me) wanted the Bills to draft ZM when he was still on the board after the fourth round. Apparently, the Dougs felt that the Bills were all set at QB and had more pressing needs. Some here had argued that ZM would be off the board by the end of round two.

i was impressed with him in college. He has character red flags and injury concern but has classic pocket presence and an nfl arm. IMO.

He actually looked horrible in college. Even his good year was not that good. He was hyped out of High School and everyone just looked past his on the field performance, which was terrible (on a terrible W team) (I did love me some Mason Foster though, That would have been a solid pick over Whatshisname. However Whatshisname did net us Jerry Hughes so in the long run if we re-sign Jerry Hughes. The Whatshisname pick was good for his trade value)

To my surprise Locker showed some glimpses in the NFL where I thought. "Wow he is not completely terrible;" but in the end his hype did not live up to his performance. He could be a backup in the NFL. If Colt McCoy is still kicking it around the NFL, I guess Locker will get a few looks here and there.

I'm sure there will be some posters that want to be in Buffalo. Do not count me as one.

Edited by Why So Serious?

He actually looked horrible in college. Even his good year was not that good. He was hyped out of High School and everyone just looked past his on the field performance, which was terrible (on a terrible W team) (I did love me some Mason Foster though, That would have been a solid pick over Whatshisname. However Whatshisname did net us Jerry Hughes so in the long run if we re-sign Jerry Hughes. The Whatshisname pick was good for his trade value)

To my surprise Locker showed some glimpses in the NFL where I thought. "Wow he is not completely terrible;" but in the end his hype did not live up to his performance. He could be a backup in the NFL. If Colt McCoy is still kicking it around the NFL, I guess Locker will get a few looks here and there.

I'm sure there will be some posters that want to be in Buffalo. Do not count me as one.

He seemed to be referring to Mettenberger?