Bills offense

another person in denial.

the majority of the people who LOVE KO are saying that his biggest improvement over EJ is passing yards.

300 + Passing yards alone does not win games.

what causes 300 + Passing yard QB's to lose games? TURNOVERS AND SACKS

Ill take the wins from a guy with no camp, no preseason, new coaches and new players...coming along fine the offense is just now evolving

also 300 yard passers are 30-17-1 this year obviously some are 300 vs 300 one winning one losing

Edited by CardinalScotts

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After 7 games the Bills offense still among the worst in the league. From ESPN: http://espn.go.com/b...ill-among-worst

POINTS SCORED

Patriots: 7th (26.7)

Dolphins: 11th (24.5)

Bills: 27th (19.3)

Jets: tied-28th (17.3)

THIRD-DOWN OFFENSE

Jets: 18th (41-of-101, 40.6 percent)

Patriots: 21st (40-of-102, 39.2 percent)

Dolphins: 23rd (29-of-76, 38.2 percent)

Bills: 25th (37-of-100, 37 percent)

RED ZONE OFFENSE (based on TD percentage)

Patriots: 19th (13-of-24, 54.2 percent)

Dolphins: 20th (15-of-28, 53.6 percent)

Bills: 28th (10-of-24, 41.7 percent)

Jets: tied-30th (9-of-22, 40.9 percent)

I gotta admit I love Orton and his two game last minute drive heroics, (Detroit & Minnesota) and against the Vikings it was a TD pass with one second on the clock.

Alas, Kyle Orton has been sacked 13 times in 3 games, and 6 of those were in the last game at home against Minnesota. 5 came against New England at home. Alarming huh? How long does he survive this season? Now the Bills go to NY where the Jets sacked EJ 8 times last year, yikes!

The Bills are finally benching LG Cyril Richardson for Kraig Urbik. Yet Pears still stays at RG, and Henderson at RT. No idea why Chis Hairston hasn't gotten a look, as he graded in the green at his last stint as starting RT.

I liken Doug Marrone in keeping Nathaniel Hackett as his OC again this year to Gailey keeping George Edwards as his DC after his failed first year. This year the Bills started out running more then passing against Chicago, Miami, and winning both. Then inexplicably started throwing it 40 times a game the last 5 games, and lost 3 of 5. All this passing started against the Chargers, and nearly got EJ killed against Houston.

I sure hope the Bills change their tactics back to more runs then passes against the Jets. Then perhaps Orton might just live thru the game. GO Boobie! Go Buffalo!

The Bills offense is offensive...that is all !

Ill take the wins from a guy with no camp, no preseason, new coaches and new players...coming along fine the offense is just now evolving

also 300 yard passers are 30-17-1 this year obviously some are 300 vs 300 one winning one losing

no comment other than

I only hope your dreams come true

Over the past 15 years in the wilderness, the one constant with the Buffalo Bills has been a pathetic, bumbling offense that completely crumbles against a good defense, especially on the road. This has been largely due to the Bills' consistent inability to assemble a reasonably competent offensive line and, of course, the FO's failure to draft or sign even a mediocre QB. The defenses over this period have generally been average to well above average (it's not that hard to assemble a good defense in the NFL), but they have been worn out by constantly trotting onto the field after endless series of three-and-outs by the offense, not to mention fighting poor field position. We are seeing this again this year and I don't know if it will ever change.

Wow, I have to say, I can't give the D a "pass" like that. Under Edwards and Wannstache I thought our defense was trotting up and down the field because they failed to get 3-and-outs and sit down. 3-and-outs by our offense aren't so bad, if you get 3 and out yourself and sit right back down, y'know? Overall this year I feel is a big defensive improvement, but there have still been moments.

Seriously, whats not to love about Orton so far? 3 game starts, and two wins with last min drive heroics.

The guy is winning games despite the horrible play of the O line, and the bad play calls. The guy is experienced enough to read a defense, and make a play call change into a play that will actually work. Orton is making up for the Bills coaching ineptitude, and their lack of experience. Can't Hackett going pass happy with 256 pass attempts vs 175 rushes... even the Broncos have more rushing attempts 253 pass vs 189 rushes

This is not EJ's fault that he is not experienced enough to know how to get himself out of trouble on the field like Orton can. I'm glad Orton is out there playing behind that almost complete crap line, and making it work.

EJ fans should be rejoicing that Kyle Orton saving him from serious injury, or concussions like Trent Edwards and Kevin Kolb have suffered from. So, there is still a chance he can be developed.

No matter what happens this season, just be content to know that drastic change for the good is on the horizon with new ownership. :worthy:

Seriously, whats not to love about Orton so far? 3 game starts, and two wins with last min drive heroics.

The guy is winning games despite the horrible play of the O line, and the bad play calls. The guy is experienced enough to read a defense, and make a play call change into a play that will actually work. Orton is making up for the Bills coaching ineptitude, and their lack of experience. Can't Hackett going pass happy with 256 pass attempts vs 175 rushes... even the Broncos have more rushing attempts 253 pass vs 189 rushes

This is not EJ's fault that he is not experienced enough to know how to get himself out of trouble on the field like Orton can. I'm glad Orton is out there playing behind that almost complete crap line, and making it work.

EJ fans should be rejoicing that Kyle Orton saving him from serious injury, or concussions like Trent Edwards and Kevin Kolb have suffered from. So, there is still a chance he can be developed.

No matter what happens this season, just be content to know that drastic change for the good is on the horizon with new ownership. :worthy:

I think this post has some validity.

If you watch Kyle closely from huddle to snap , its not hard to see he can lead a team. Thats been very impressive > becuase the O line has line up in the wrong many times the last 3 games and he corrected it as best he could as quick as he could .

This guy is a blessing disguised as a solid backup . He is correcting the alignments very well. The players need to get better at quickly resetting and executing.

After 7 games the Bills offense still among the worst in the league. From ESPN: http://espn.go.com/b...ill-among-worst

POINTS SCORED

Patriots: 7th (26.7)

Dolphins: 11th (24.5)

Bills: 27th (19.3)

Jets: tied-28th (17.3)

THIRD-DOWN OFFENSE

Jets: 18th (41-of-101, 40.6 percent)

Patriots: 21st (40-of-102, 39.2 percent)

Dolphins: 23rd (29-of-76, 38.2 percent)

Bills: 25th (37-of-100, 37 percent)

RED ZONE OFFENSE (based on TD percentage)

Patriots: 19th (13-of-24, 54.2 percent)

Dolphins: 20th (15-of-28, 53.6 percent)

Bills: 28th (10-of-24, 41.7 percent)

Jets: tied-30th (9-of-22, 40.9 percent)

I gotta admit I love Orton and his two game last minute drive heroics, (Detroit & Minnesota) and against the Vikings it was a TD pass with one second on the clock.

Alas, Kyle Orton has been sacked 13 times in 3 games, and 6 of those were in the last game at home against Minnesota. 5 came against New England at home. Alarming huh? How long does he survive this season? Now the Bills go to NY where the Jets sacked EJ 8 times last year, yikes!

The Bills are finally benching LG Cyril Richardson for Kraig Urbik. Yet Pears still stays at RG, and Henderson at RT. No idea why Chis Hairston hasn't gotten a look, as he graded in the green at his last stint as starting RT.

I liken Doug Marrone in keeping Nathaniel Hackett as his OC again this year to Gailey keeping George Edwards as his DC after his failed first year. This year the Bills started out running more then passing against Chicago, Miami, and winning both. Then inexplicably started throwing it 40 times a game the last 5 games, and lost 3 of 5. All this passing started against the Chargers, and nearly got EJ killed against Houston.

I sure hope the Bills change their tactics back to more runs then passes against the Jets. Then perhaps Orton might just live thru the game. GO Boobie! Go Buffalo!

Thanks for all the stats, good picture of where the offense really is. Yes, I have a concern too about Orton getting injured. More of my fingers crossed than a concern that he doesn't!

this is not a comparison to say Kyle Orton is better than (insert name here) - but it is an effort to show while he's not great he's not terrible either. I often wonder as a group on this board do we watch other quarterbacks play ? What do you think they are doing ? Time to realize Kyle Orton is doing a good job so far and getting better as he gets more familiar with his new team, new coaches with no preseason and no camp. He has talent around him- as an example name a wide reciever he threw to on the Bears..........any of them. O-line without a doubt is having it's trouble it's hasn't been Kyle with all kinds of time, still has played well enough - it's a close league and right now he gives us a chance + DEFENSE every week.

verus Lions

Eli Manning 18-33-2-163-1 loss

Cam Newton 22-34-0-281-1 win

Aaron Rogers 16-27-0-162-1 loss

Geno Smith 17-33-1-209-1 loss

Kyle Orton 20-43-1-308-1 win

Ted Bridgewater 23-47-3-188-0 loss

Drew Brees 28-45-1-342-2 loss

Patriots

Ryan Tanneyhill 18-32-1-178-2 win

Matt Cassel 19-36-4-202-1 loss

Derek Carr 21-34-1-174-0 loss

Alex Smith 20-26-0-248-3 win

Andy Dalton 15-24-0-204-2 loss

Kyle Orton 24-38-1-299-1 loss

Geno Smith 20-34-0-226-1 loss

Vikings

Austin Davis 16-23-1-192-0 loss

Tom Brady 14-21-0-149-1 win

Drew Brees 27-35-0-293-2 win

Matt Ryan 25-41-2-298-3 loss

Aaron Rogers 12-17-0-156-3 win

Mathew Stafford 19-33-0-185-1 win

Kyle Orton 31-43-1-283-2 win

Edited by CardinalScotts

this is not a comparison to say Kyle Orton is better than (insert name here) - but it is an effort to show while he's not great he's not terrible either. I often wonder as a group on this board do we watch other quarterbacks play ? What do you think they are doing ? Time to realize Kyle Orton is doing a good job so far and getting better as he gets more familiar with his new team, new coaches with no preseason and no camp. He has talent around him- as an example name a wide reciever he threw to on the Bears..........any of them. O-line without a doubt is having it's trouble it's hasn't been Kyle with all kinds of time, still has played well enough - it's a close league and right now he gives us a chance + DEFENSE every week.

verus Lions

Eli Manning 18-33-2-163-1 loss

Cam Newton 22-34-0-281-1 win

Aaron Rogers 16-27-0-162-1 loss

Geno Smith 17-33-1-209-1 loss

Kyle Orton 20-43-1-308-1 win

Ted Bridgewater 23-47-3-188-0 loss

Drew Brees 28-45-1-342-2 loss

Patriots

Ryan Tanneyhill 18-32-1-178-2 win

Matt Cassel 19-36-4-202-1 loss

Derek Carr 21-34-1-174-0 loss

Alex Smith 20-26-0-248-3 win

Andy Dalton 15-24-0-204-2 loss

Kyle Orton 24-38-1-299-1 loss

Geno Smith 20-34-0-226-1 loss

Vikings

Austin Davis 16-23-1-192-0 loss

Tom Brady 14-21-0-149-1 win

Drew Brees 27-35-0-293-2 win

Matt Ryan 25-41-2-298-3 loss

Aaron Rogers 12-17-0-156-3 win

Mathew Stafford 19-33-0-185-1 win

Kyle Orton 31-43-1-283-2 win

Thanks for that, and it's an interesting comparison. A lot of food for thought.

That said, anyone that watched the Patriots game could easily say that Orton's final stats were not really indicative of the game or kind of game that he played.