1. 1. Glenn, EJ, Watkins, Gilmore, and next years 1st

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It blows my mind how people can't read the context of what I'm saying. I know it wasn't going to happen nor could happen now. I'm just having fun with the idea of, how would people have responded had that happened two years ago?

When the draft started, we walked up to the podium first after giving away those 5 picks. How would that have gone down? And, now that we are two years later, it's almost funny how it would almost be a no brainer to me

But it's not fun.

Oh I get it. This is a preview to Dumb and Dumber next month. You're setting us up for comic goodness.

Ps. I think if only YOU are having fun, then probably it's not fun. You know what fun means right? Hey dude, do you have google?

Gotta check my Mod Manual. Can I kill a thread for shear stupidity?

Chapter 375 Section 18 paragraph 2 AND 3 states YES.

Do it man!

I

In hindsight. Basically, would you have trade those 4 players for Luck. That's basically the 1st and 2nd the year Luck came out and the next 3 1sts.

I'm not saying I know that would get it done, but I feel like it's in the ballpark.

Personally, I'd do it. EJ isn't a loss if we have Luck. Gilmore isn't the shutdown corner we thought he'd be. Glenn is still a question mark. I always find it interesting to look at trades involving picks after the picks have been made. To me, this is a no brainer.

Just fun speculation

Drugs are great aren't they! Clearly you must be on them. Great QB's are not for trade when in their primes. Call Indy in 2024.

Edited by norton20

It blows my mind how people can't read the context of what I'm saying. I know it wasn't going to happen nor could happen now. I'm just having fun with the idea of, how would people have responded had that happened two years ago?

When the draft started, we walked up to the podium first after giving away those 5 picks. How would that have gone down? And, now that we are two years later, it's almost funny how it would almost be a no brainer to me

A lot of people just read the thread title and respond. It's a reasonable question you raise.

I

Drugs are great aren't they! Clearly you must be on them. Great QB's are not for trade when in their primes. Call Indy in 2024.

The irony of your condescension is you completely missed what he stated in plain English.

Can't believe people would actually vote no. I'd be doing back flips. I'd even throw in kiko. To get a QB like amdrew luck, its a no brainer, and I love Cordy, sammy, Gilmore and kiko. Wouldn't think twice

I'm with you. I like Orton & Watkins, but I'd like Luck to SJ even better.

In hindsight. Basically, would you have trade those 4 players for Luck. That's basically the 1st and 2nd the year Luck came out and the next 3 1sts.

I'm not saying I know that would get it done, but I feel like it's in the ballpark.

Personally, I'd do it. EJ isn't a loss if we have Luck. Gilmore isn't the shutdown corner we thought he'd be. Glenn is still a question mark. I always find it interesting to look at trades involving picks after the picks have been made. To me, this is a no brainer.

Just fun speculation

I think the more interesting question is if the Colts would've done it. They had already determined that Manning was a big-game chump, and Irsay wanted rings, not records.... so they were already looking to shake things up. 4 #1s and a #2 from one of the league's perennial doormats is ridiculous though, maybe they hold onto Manning & make that trade.

Looking at the RG3 trade after a year you would say the Redskins would do it every time. Now not so much, and as of now the Rams really haven't gotten much.

As for the hypothetical trade, a franchise QB is worth more than what you've listed so yes.

Rams got Greg Robinson, Alec Ogletree, Stedman Bailey, Zac Stacy, Michael Brockers, Janoris Jenkins, Isaiah Pead and Rokevious Watkins for RG3, not a bad haul. Did you actually look this up or just make wild assumptions like everyone else? Either you don't know football or you're lazy.

The Colts know better then to trade away a once in a generation QB. The last QB to come out of college with that kind of greatness endorsement before he played a down in the NFL was John Elway.

Gotta check my Mod Manual. Can I kill a thread for shear stupidity?

yep!

EDIT, didn't see next years first in there before he made an edit.

Edited by FeartheLosing

A lot of people just read the thread title and respond. It's a reasonable question you raise.

The irony of your condescension is you completely missed what he stated in plain English.

Shows the reading comprehension of the board and the mods who commented. It's a good thread with so many people bashing the Sammy trade.

I guess I just can't see how anyone would say they wouldn't trade all of those players, and there was no way in a million years that the Colts were not using that pick on Luck. They earned that thing the hard way, expressly for the purpose of selecting him. Luck was viewed as the surest thing since Manning, maybe surer. The whole question just seems preposterous to me.

My answer is of course yes. A great QB elevates everyone, even if the overall talent level were to be lower as a result.

@Op Um.. I am baked right now, but whatever you are smoking must be much more potent than my green.This trade is not possible as the Clowns have our 1st round pick for next year. Secondly the Lucky Charms would never offload Peyton Gump II unless he has a career threatening long term injury.

I guess I just can't see how anyone would say they wouldn't trade all of those players, and there was no way in a million years that the Colts were not using that pick on Luck. They earned that thing the hard way, expressly for the purpose of selecting him. Luck was viewed as the surest thing since Manning, maybe surer. The whole question just seems preposterous to me.

My answer is of course yes. A great QB elevates everyone, even if the overall talent level were to be lower as a result.

Strangely the bulk of those who voted in the poll say they'd be against it.