hope i'm wrong, but..

BackInDaDay

.. we're in bad shape to play the Jets this week.

their strengths vs our weakness

• their D-line is very good, and we're juggling guys on our o-line
  • their coach has a variety of ways to bring pressure, and we're missing our best blitz pickup RB
  • their RBs are very good, and we've just given up our first 100 yd rushing game to who?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"hope I'm wrong" is the new "hear me out."

But as to your premise, IMO it won't be an easy win but it should be a win.

1] We have faced equal and better DLs in the Lions, Texans, etc. We didn't do well but they are no more of a threat than the Jets.

2] Losing Fred will hurt in blitz pick-up. Bobbie and Brown are better than CJ in there though. Orton is slow, but smart. We are going to get sacked 5+ times and have to live with it. The plays downfield against their weak secondary in the 35 passes we are not sacked on will be the difference.

3] The Jets have one very good back at getting the most yards he can, and hurting people, and effort. CJY2K is not good anymore. They do not have good backs.

• their coach has a variety of ways to bring pressure, and we're missing our best blitz pickup RB
  • their RBs are very good, and we've just given up our first 100 yd rushing game to who?

Where is DaDay?

1] We have faced equal and better DLs in the Lions, Texans, etc. We didn't do well but they are no more of a threat than the Jets.

Lions,, maybe.. Texans without Clowney? no

2] Losing Fred will hurt in blitz pick-up. Bobbie and Brown are better than CJ in there though. Orton is slow, but smart. We are going to get sacked 5+ times and have to live with it. The plays downfield against their weak secondary in the 35 passes we are not sacked on will be the difference.

agree here, but Orton's good for a couple picks a game

3] The Jets have one very good back at getting the most yards he can, and hurting people, and effort. CJY2K is not good anymore. They do not have good backs.

i thought the same about Johnson, until i saw his effort against NE - ran very hard

Where is DaDay?

right about now she's fixing herself up before making your dinner

We're talking about the 1-6 Jets. Orton has played almost his entire career in Buffalo under constant pressure with no support in the run game. It's not going to suddenly destroy our gameplan in week 8.

We had one bad game against the run. Before that we were #1 overall on run defense and even after that game we're top 5. It seems irrational to worry about this.

The Jets have a crappy secondary. If anyone should be worried about any matchup this game, Jets fans should be worried about our receivers vs. their secondary.

And let's not forget that we're playing Geno Smith. Our Dline is going to devour him and our secondary should be able to get a few picks.

Edited by TheBillsWillRiseAgain

+1 to this

additionally...

3] (cont'd) "we've just given up our first 100 yd rushing game" is another way of saying "we have only allowed one 100 yd rusher in seven games" which sounds pretty good to me!

I honestly think, based on the past few weeks of how CJ and Fred have performed (read: not outstanding, 96 yds; 49yds; 68yds), you're not going to see a huge dropoff from our RB production, and maybe even an uptick.

as for their interior d-line versus our oline, i'm very very worried. the Jets are great at smelling blood in the water and blitzing relentlessly. it's one of the reasons they stayed close with the Pats.

and as for us giving up 100yds, it's going to happen. 4 turnovers and you keep throwing the d on the field, it's bound to happen. if we protect the ball better on O, we'll have a better chance of keeping their RBs in check.

Beating the Jets on the road will be a challenge.

Their strengths do match up in their favor to some of our weaknesses but our strengths also match up well to their weaknesses. On a neutral field I think we win this game more often then not, but going to their house gives them the edge. That said, this is another must win game for us.

Edited by Maddog69

Uh.. that no name RB is a beast.. Currently on my fantasy roster and took over as my #1 RB. McKinnon is going to be excellent the rest of the year.

He's a very good back that the Vikings have eased into the NFL. But he's ready to take over the #1 role now.

You had me fooled, you rascal, until you mentioned making me dinner. I do my own cooking. Nice try, though!

haha.. you too.. :thumbsup:

and as for us giving up 100yds, it's going to happen. 4 turnovers and you keep throwing the d on the field, it's bound to happen. if we protect the ball better on O, we'll have a better chance of keeping their RBs in check.

great point.. between Orton being hurried and Brown's rep of putting it on the ground.. this would be the game to win the turnover battle