Week 8: Jets' Game Preparation - Sammy Voted ROW

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Film Don't Lie: Bills

A weekly look at what the Buffalo Bills must fix:

The Bills' rushing defense, ranked first in the NFL entering Week 7, allowed the Minnesota Vikings to average 5.4 yards per carry in Sunday's 17-16 win.

Was that a fluke or should the Bills be concerned when they travel to face Chris Ivory and the New York Jets this weekend?

@JoeBuscaglia

I know everyone is waiting for Bryce Brown to be unleashed... don't be surprised if Anthony Dixon leads the way against NYJ. #Bills love him

They've made comments about how it surprised them about how well he moves. Reliable on 3rd down (one would think), too.

Regardless, against the Jets I think it's probably a safe bet that the #Bills will be throwing it a bunch. That Jets DL is legit.

Perhaps another sign: the #Bills signed Phillip Tanner likely for special teams reasons primarily, and likely to take Dixon's role on ST.

Wilkerson: Babin & Barnes Providing Edge Pressure

Jets D to Face Mainly Stationary Target in Orton

The Film Don't Lie: Jets

A weekly look at what the New York Jets must fix:

If third down is the money down, the Jets are a cash-poor defense.

The Jets have allowed a league-high 11 touchdowns on third down, a season-long problem that bit them again in last Thursday night's 27-25 loss to the New England Patriots. They surrendered two touchdowns on third down, including a 19-yard scoring pass on a third-and-19 play in the fourth quarter -- a breakdown that will haunt Rex Ryan's dreams for the remainder of the year.

Phillip Tanner: Opportunity disguised as hard work

Newly signed running back Phillip Tanner joined The John Murphy Show to discuss his path to the NFL, his infamous no-helmet play for the Cowboys, and his relationship with Bills QB Kyle Orton.

What they're saying: National media weigh in on the Bills

A summary of national media comments from around the web following the Bills comeback win against the Vikings in Week 7.

A hero's welcome for Hogan

Unconventional paths to the NFL have been taken before. But the journey for WR Chris Hogan is taking a new turn.

Bill Barnwell: Previewing the NFL Trade Deadline

Grantland's NFL Analyst Bill Barnwell called in to The John Murphy Show to preview the upcoming NFL trade deadline and his week seven wrap-up "The Mighty Start Falling"

@buffalobills

#Jets coach Rex Ryan via conference call: A package of plays and kick return duty the most likely plan for WR Percy Harvin. #BUFvsNYJ

#Jets coach Rex Ryan: "Kyle Orton's not going to make the big mistake ... He has a ton of experience."

#Jets Rex Ryan: "This (#Bills) football team we are playing is really good." #BUFvsNYJ

Rex Ryan: "I like guys that are competitors, tough guys. That's why I like @BrandonSpikes51 so much." #PoWwWwWwW

@nyjets

The foundation of the #Jets offense is starting to take shape. Daily report- http://bit.ly/1uF07Nv

I'm a little worried that Harvin will do for Geno what Tavon Austin did for him at WVa. The jets receivers to this point have been awful.

he doesn't have a real deep threat but when he has had Decker healthy out there, he looked better. I think Harvin could be an Austin type player for him, they are similar. Genos biggest issue seems to be decision making in the pocket and reading defenses. His WVU offense was so much simpler. Edited by YoloinOhio

So it took the combination of the Jet-son's for Marrone to wet the bed going into practice and realize a change was necessary for at least on one of the guard spots?

he doesn't have a real deep threat but when he has had Decker healthy out there, he looked better. I think Harvin could be an Austin type player for him, they are similar. Genos biggest issue seems to be decision making in the pocket and reading defenses. His WVU offense was so much simpler.

I'm hoping that Dareus, Hughes, KW or MW... Infact, anyone! will get pressure right up the middle, hit him hard and make him remember last year how that worked out for him @ the Ralph.

He becomes way too skittish when that happens.

Edited by Smooth

So it took the combination of the Jet-son's for Marrone to wet the bed going into practice and realize a change was necessary for at least on one of the guard spots?

I'm hoping that Dareus, Hughes, KW or MW... Infact, anyone! will get pressure right up the middle, hit him hard and make him remember last year how that worked out for him @ the Ralph.

He becomes way too skittish when that happens.

Yes, he holds onto the ball too long and gets flattened. Or he chucks it up and prays. He does have some mobility though and will run when he needs to and is fairly successful in getting the 1st down. The Bills will need to be very attentive to that.

Ryan: Package of plays likely for Harvin

He’s had all of a week to learn the Jets playbook after he was traded to New York by the Seahawks. That’s why Jets head coach Rex Ryan is planning to have just a package of plays for Harvin in this week’s game plan for the Bills.

“I think that’s realistic,” said Ryan in a conference call with the Buffalo media. “It’s awful hard to come in and, ‘Oh by the way here’s the offense. Learn it in a week.’ I don’t know if that’s realistic. But we’ll have some plays for him and get him back there to return a kick and things like that.”

Rex Ryan: "It's a desperate time" (9:01)

Jets head coach Rex Ryan spoke to the Buffalo media via conference call to preview Sunday's game. He discussed the signing of Percy Harvin, Geno Smith's play, and the outlook after a 1-6 start.

@buffalobills

#Bills practice in the books for today. Stay tuned for comments from coach Marrone and open locker room.

Aaron Williams (neck) listed as limited in practice today. Mario Williams (thumb) and Sammy Watkins (groin) were full participants.

Doug Marrone on #Bills RBs/backfield: "I feel comfortable with the guys we have back there ... I'm not as concerned with it (as others)"

Doug Marrone on @kraigurbik: "He's got to step up and be ready to go"

@ChrisBrownBills

Doug Marrone said Kraig Urbik "may" start at left guard. Says they're "looking at a few options." #Bills

@buffalobills

Kyle Orton: "I've turned the ball over in all three games so far, and that's something I'm working hard to correct"

B0km1pyCAAANaoS.jpg

@Boobie24Dixon "I'm ready to go, man!"#ItsBoobieD

B0koMFzIIAAahLa.jpg

@kraigurbik: "I feel like I've prepared to be the starter" has trained & feels comfortable at both guard spots.

B0kq8AAIUAABDkY.jpg

@Iam_jerryhughes: "We know what kind of physical game we're getting ready for" #BUFvsNYJ

B0krmrOIQAIZ_lV.jpg

@sammywatkins: "As long as we win, I'm fine if they double-cover me"

Jets Will Don All Green Sunday

@KMart_LI

#Bills injury report:

B0k38fyIIAEN5C1.jpg

@JoeBuscaglia

#Bills Mike Williams on falling behind Chris Hogan on the depth chart: "I'm actually behind a lot of guys, actually."

Mike Williams is an interesting guy to cover. I'll tell you that much. Never know what he's going to say next.

Doug Marrone: "He's Got to Be Ready" (4:22)

Head Coach Doug Marrone talks about the running backs, and what Kraig Urbik's role will be this week.

Jets injury report

Here’s a look at where the Jets stand this in terms of injuries leading up to Sunday’s game with the Bills. New York has had an extra few days of rest coming off their Thursday night game at New England last week.

Bills injury report

Here’s a look at the Bills injury report from Wednesday in advance of their game Sunday against the Jets.

WR Marquise Goodwin, LB Ty Powell and RB Fred Jackson were all non-participants.

Boobie Dixon: "Set the tempo and be the hammer" (03:16)

Bills running back Boobie Dixon discusses his role this Sunday against the Jets, setting the tempo early with the run game, and his ability to catch the ball out of the backfield.

Kraig Urbik: "I'm Definitely Ready" (2:42)

Guard Kraig Urbik is ready to play if called upon Sunday and also talks about going up against the Jets defensive line.

Kyle Orton: "Something I'm Trying to Correct" (4:36)

Quarterback Kyle Orton talks about Bryce Brown, Boobie Dixon and the challenge in facing the Jets defensive line.

Doug Marrone: "He's a Confident Guy" (5:36)

Head Coach Doug Marrone talks about defending Percy Harvin and trying to carry momentum into the bye week.

Doug Marrone: "I Like the Direction He's Headed" (4:09)

Head Coach Doug Marrone talks about the growth of WR Chris Hogan and the Jets defensive line.

B0k46BPIUAAnXwk.png

GAMEDAY GUIDE: 10/26 Jets vs. Bills

Bills' Front 4 Has Geno's, O-Line's Attention

Jets QB: 'I Expect to Do a Lot of Things Better Than Last Year' in the Loss at Buffalo

Kraig Urbik the likely change at left guard

With the offensive line struggling to win battles, Doug Marrone may turn back to Kraig Urbik to man the interior of the o-line.

Orton: Urgency without panic

Bills head coach Doug Marrone made his players aware that there are a lot of fixes that need to be made this week in practice if they’re going to have a better chance of winning games. As far as what QB Kyle Orton saw on the practice field Wednesday from his teammates that message was received.

Bills on the airwaves

Here’s where you can find Bills players on the local and national media outlets on Thursday.
  • ESPN, NFL Live w/ Trey Wingo
    • 2:30 pm – Sammy Watkins

[*]FOX Sports Radio

• 2:30 pm – Leodis McKelvin

[*]Sirius Radio, The SiriusXM Blitz w/Rich Gannon

• 2:37 pm – Kyle Williams

[*]CBS Sports Radio, Doug Gottlieb Show

• 4:40 pm – Brandon Spikes

[*]NBC Sports Radio, Donovan McNabb show

• 5:05 pm – Jerry Hughes

@JetsInsider

VIDEO: Jets-Bills preview. @Cnimbley & @KristianRDyer talk about Percy Harvin and break down the game. http://nyj.scout.com...w?s=65 … #jets #nyj

Quinton Coples expects bigger role Sunday

New York Jets linebacker Quinton Coples did not start for the first time this season last week against the New England Patriots and played only 19 snaps -- less than half as many as his replacement, Jason Babin (40).

But Coples expects to have a bigger role Sunday against the Buffalo Bills.

"It's back to what it was before Thursday," Coples said after practice Wednesday. "I'll be getting a lot more reps, and back out there a lot more than I was this past Thursday."

Stat check: Bills' offense still among worst

A look at where the Buffalo Bills rank in the AFC East in our weekly stat check:

That Joe-B quote of Caveman Mike is concerning. I mean it is open to interpretation but he comes across as rather blasé with moving himself back into the good books and/or a potential starting role. :unsure:

Certainly something to take note of. Not ready for conjecture yet personally .

get er Dun Mike !

This is really the question of the week. If we can protect Orton, we win.

Theme for the Season my friends