Kyle Orton Haters

DaBills51

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like EJ and still want to see more from him down the road, but Orton is the starter now and I am behind him. He has some bad moments during games that drive me nuts, but when it comes down to it, he comes through. The biggest thing he brings to the position is confidence. He is not afraid to make a mistake and he instills confidence in the players around him. The offense was pretty crappy for most of the game yesterday, but that last drive was impressive. Even for an Orton skeptic like myself, I give him wicked props for that drive. Lets hope the offense shows up this week and beats the Jets. This will not be an easy game on the road.

I would say when the game is on the line is the only time EJ is not timid. He seems to know that it is all or nothing and plays as I wish he we would play the whole game.

I believe he did have 4 game winning drives in 4th qtr or OT in his 14 starts.

I don't hate Orton, I'm just not ready to anoint him anything beyond placeholder right now. My biggest concern is he will get figured out. It happens to Journeyman QBs fairly often. I don't know if it will happen to KO, but history has taught me to not get too excited yet about his play.

KO should be the starter the rest of the year. Unless we are eliminated from the postseason then they should see if their prized QB has learned anything.

I don't hate Orton, I'm just not ready to anoint him anything beyond placeholder right now. My biggest concern is he will get figured out. It happens to Journeyman QBs fairly often. I don't know if it will happen to KO, but history has taught me to not get too excited yet about his play.

THIS?!! COMING FROM SOMEONE NAMED "CAPTAIN HINDSIGHT?!!!" WTF?!!!

I believe he did have 4 game winning drives in 4th qtr or OT in his 14 starts.

shhhh the Kool Aid flock don't want facts.,

BTW IIRC a stat during the game said Orton has had 7 game winning drives in 4th qtr (maybe OT as well)

in 81 starts

http://www.pro-footb.../O/OrtoKy00.htm

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

If Brady was on his 5th team, didn't have 3 rings, and didn't have every fanbase he played for happy they replaced him, this might hold weight.

So he's no good because others have thought so.

Well, he might not even be the same guy he was then, not to mention that we don't know for sure what all the circumstances might have been.

Frankly, I'd rather not rely on someone else's opinion and prefer to make up my own mind.

Right now I don't think any of us know what it is exactly we have in Orton. We all need to see more before offering an opinion that can claim to hold water.

What I think I've seen is a guy who is capable of making big time throws and who can do it frequently enuf to dispel the notion that it was not an accident (I used to get that feeling with EJ sometimes).

He's a pure pocket passer with zero mobility/escapability. But so are some soon to be HOF'mers.

He sees the field well, of able to go thru his reads/progressions when given time and can find the open receiver.

He is smart and experienced. He is capable of making good line calls.

He can execute under pressure.

He's best in the clutch and leads by example when the going gets tough. That also proves he has leadership skills, something much needed on this young offence. He is a serious, well spoken person at this stage of his life and career i.e, he is not a jerk.

Contrary to popular opinion, he is not old. He should be entering his prime as a QB. As long as his arm is lively I really don't see where age should factor into any decision affecting his future with the team.

He's had a few bad turnovers but he's been trying to make things happen in an O that was designed for another QB, is talented but young and therefore itself error prone at times. If the past is any indication ball security (or the lack thereof) has never been a defining negative of his game.

I expect the O-line problems to improve if only because everybody now knows that is job one and it just can't go on like this. I also expect him to get better support from the run game now because Boobie and Brown are better suited to the kind of offence favored by Marrone and his sidekick.

So I actually expect more and better things from Orton as we move along.

It's just possible that the Bills have gone from having, in effect, no QB to having a good QB.

By the end of the year I expect we will all have a better handle on this.

In the meantime he's been giving me good value for my entertainment dollar.

It's been a long time since I've seen anything like that game winning drive he authored yesterday from a Bills QB.

shhhh the Kool Aid flock don't want facts.,

BTW IIRC a stat during the game said Orton has had 7 game winning drives in 4th qtr

in 81 starts

http://www.pro-footb.../O/OrtoKy00.htm

You might want to check EJ's stats this year. He's a 50% passer in the second half and 4th qtr with a 69 QBR and a 1:1 TD to INT ratio. His QBR is 48 when trailing by a TD with no TDs and 50% passing.

Who's part of the Kool Aid flock?

Edited by John Cocktosten

If Brady was on his 5th team, didn't have 3 rings, and didn't have every fanbase he played for happy they replaced him, this might hold weight.

If this were a courtroom these statements would be conjecture and be considered inadmissible.

I don't know what ya'll have been watching, but to me Orton looks and plays the part of a professional QB. If he has a significant flaw, it's his complete lack of mobility and he will definitely stand in there waiting for a play to open up (hence the sacks and hits). But he gets it -- you can see that -- and behind this horrid line it's pretty remarkable what he has put together the past three weeks.

If they can just figure out something with respect to the OL play I have no problem watching this guy direct the offense.

I don't know what ya'll have been watching, but to me Orton looks and plays the part of a professional QB. If he has a significant flaw, it's his complete lack of mobility and he will definitely stand in there waiting for a play to open up (hence the sacks and hits). But he gets it -- you can see that -- and behind this horrid line it's pretty remarkable what he has put together the past three weeks.

If they can just figure out something with respect to the OL play I have no problem watching this guy direct the offense.

Can you imagine if we had an OL? Less turnovers, more ball control (with successful run game)... these tough wins would be easy, and the close losses would be wins.

Oh to dream.

You might want to check EJ's stats this year. He's a 50% passer in the second half and 4th qtr with a 69 QBR and a 1:1 TD to INT ratio. His QBR is 48 when trailing by a TD with no TDs and 50% passing.

Who's part of the Kool Aid flock?

are you counting all 14 starts?

I am talking about this season. 5 TD's 3 INT's and 1 fumble against better defenses.

EJ has an upside. KO doesn't

I want to know now if EJ is the answer not in 1 or 2 more years.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever