Mckelvin, Gilmore, not worthy; Buddy's picks

rcatty

Leodis balls on every play, and he has the ability to forget the occasional poor plays he makes quickly and moves on. Great punt returner too... I have no issues with Leo really. He's not perfect but the past two seasons has made a lot more good plays than bad.

There is rampant bi-polar disorder on this board when it comes to Leodis.

the needle flies from adoration to vile hatred and back like no other.

It sure seems like TwoBillsDrive needs a staff Neurologist on the board. You those fans who are never happy and almost never post unless we do poorly, players who have GM and Coach complexes and posters who hate some players because some 'analyst' (who is nothing more than a paid fan) said the player sucks and run campaigns against players. It is why they are called fanatic and why no front office would hire them to be water boys.

According to Rodney Harrison and Tony Dungy, when analyzing the deep TD throw they both said that the fault was Graham's, not Gilmore's (Gilmore had terrific coverage in any case). He bit on play action and let the receiver get behind him, effectively turning double coverage into single coverage. Graham hasn't really distinguished himself in the last couple of games ...

Not since the second game of the year, actually. It's safe to say Graham is in a slump.

GO BILLS!!!

Not since the second game of the year, actually. It's safe to say Graham is in a slump.

GO BILLS!!!

Graham played lights out the first two games but Coach decided that didn't merit starting over Leo or Stephon. I think it's hard to keep playing that tough when it's not being rewarded. I mean, Graham hasn't been a top-notch corner in the league, but I feel like if I had the two games he had, I would expect the coach to give me more snaps. This probably isn't the issue here, but I think it's something we were all kind of puzzled about after weeks 3 and 4.

Edited by Big C

Graham gets his fair share of snaps and has been just as good/bad as the other two. I don't understand why the board frets so much about the DB play. First of all A. Williams is the most important secondary player. Second the D-line has not looked good two games in a row.

But I would worry most about a general lack of aggression from Schwartz.

Graham played lights out the first two games but Coach decided that didn't merit starting over Leo or Stephon. I think it's hard to keep playing that tough when it's not being rewarded. I mean, Graham hasn't been a top-notch corner in the league, but I feel like if I had the two games he had, I would expect the coach to give me more snaps. This probably isn't the issue here, but I think it's something we were all kind of puzzled about after weeks 3 and 4.

If that's the case, Graham should be demoted.

Can we all just stop and appreciate that our deep woods Georgia boy is balling out and leading the league in interceptions right now? People see these dudes as automatons with their helmets on. I want you to WATCH THIS VIDEO and realize this dude is leading the league in INTs for *US* right now, for Bills Nation.

http://www.buffalobills.com/video/videos/Leodis-McKelvin-I-looked-like-a-receiver/5a2d505c-8800-4a02-a0de-dd4a78d61257

Both first round picks, both unworthy of being picked at that level. McKelvin is flat out awful (not sure who drafted him), and Gilmore is way overrated. Gilmore had his hands on the ball on that TD pass, and needed to rip it away. He is another of Buddy Nix's long list of draft day failures; EJ is at the top of my list. No way is that guy a first round pick.

So revisit those drafts and tell us who you would've picked....CB's please

Can we all just stop and appreciate that our deep woods Georgia boy is balling out and leading the league in interceptions right now? People see these dudes as automatons with their helmets on. I want you to WATCH THIS VIDEO and realize this dude is leading the league in INTs for *US* right now, for Bills Nation.

http://www.buffalobi...de-dd4a78d61257

You'll never hear me utter a bad word about McKelvin. He's everything you want in a team player and lockerroom presence. When he lost his starting job a few years ago and couldn't get a sniff on defense, he could have gone all Mike Williams on us and sulked. Instead, he kept quiet and decided to make himself the best special teams player he could be. He found other ways to help this team and went about it in a classy way. That's why he was rewarded with an extension.

I've seen EVERY supposed "shut down" CB in the league get toasted at one time or another this year. Our guys are doing OK by comparison. But if anyone expects perfection they may want to find another game to watch.

GO BILLS!!!

The New rules has had a terrible effect on Gilmore. He's playing so far off the ball now to avoid illegal contact penalties he's getting beat on comeback routes super easily.

So they are only affecting Gilmore? not Sherman, Revis or any other CB. Just GIlmore?

You'll never hear me utter a bad word about McKelvin. He's everything you want in a team player and lockerroom presence. When he lost his starting job a few years ago and couldn't get a sniff on defense, he could have gone all Mike Williams on us and sulked. Instead, he kept quiet and decided to make himself the best special teams player he could be. He found other ways to help this team and went about it in a classy way. That's why he was rewarded with an extension.

I've seen EVERY supposed "shut down" CB in the league get toasted at one time or another this year. Our guys are doing OK by comparison. But if anyone expects perfection they may want to find another game to watch.

GO BILLS!!!

Agreed.

And to your second point, CBs always benefit from a great pass rush. We get pressure, our DBs only need to keep on their man for a few seconds. It's when the QB gets extra time that our DBs start getting beat. The game is often won on the lines and that is partly why the Bills are so maddening this year. Our DL is winning games for us while our OL is losing games for us, or at least trying to lose them.

Both first round picks, both unworthy of being picked at that level. McKelvin is flat out awful (not sure who drafted him), and Gilmore is way overrated. Gilmore had his hands on the ball on that TD pass, and needed to rip it away. He is another of Buddy Nix's long list of draft day failures; EJ is at the top of my list. No way is that guy a first round pick.

You are right. Leading the lead is TOTALLY unacceptable and Gilmore's inability to make circus catches - even though he's not a WR - is also ridiculous.

They shouldn't be cut. They should be stabbed.