Why Hast he Oline Regressed? With Marrone Being an Oline Genius?

patfitz

Maybe because he isn't? Pears is horrific. Wood has regressed as has Glenn, and Henderson and Richardson are rookies. What gives? Did Marrone ever take a Wunderlich test when he was a player, if so what was his score? Joe D. was such a genius compared to these clowns.

If we had an o-line on par with what dallas has we'd be one of the best teams in the league. With solid run blockers opening up wholes for Freddy and CJ we'd actually be able to be a run first team like we were supposed to be and we'd be a dominant one. Instead we're stuck with Marrone outsmarting himself and Hackett unable to put together a solid rushing attack despite having two pro bowl caliber running backs. I'm fine with a lot of what Marrone's done and I think he is a good enough head coach to succeed in the nfl but I place all our offensive line woes on him and for that I wouldn't mind seeing him gone at the end of the season.

Edited by Bills Fan888

It's tough to back a HC who is an ex O-lineman, and ex O-Line coach, when he can't do better than this with a line that is far from devoid of talent...Considering this is supposed to be Marrone's area of expertise, and the fact that the whole Offense is supposed to be a run-first physical style...I just don't see how he's going to get a pass considering how the Bills continuously struggle to execute in the area of blocking...

If anything this O-Line seems to be underachieving...We can blame the players all we want...But the truth is most NFL O-Lines are not made up of top-tier talent from RT to LT...We just got beat by a team that traded away their best O-Lineman right before the season started and has been patching in nobodies for 6 games now...The Bills should be better than they are in this area because of Marrone...And they're not... B-)

If we had an o-line on par with what dallas has we'd be one of the best teams in the league. With solid run blockers opening up wholes for Freddy and CJ we'd actually be able to be a run first team like we were supposed to be and we'd be a dominant one. Instead we're stuck with Marrone outsmarting himself and Hackett unable to put together a solid rushing attack despite having two pro bowl caliber running backs. I'm fine with a lot of what Marrone's done and I think he is a good enough head coach to succeed in the nfl but I place all our offensive line woes on him and for that I wouldn't mind seeing him gone at the end of the season.

The Cowboys start three 1st round picks and a 4th rounder on their O-Line...They are the exception to the rule in the NFL... B-)

In reality I can't name one group of players since Marrone took over that has improved noticeably with the exception of the linebackers. Maybe you could say the pass rush but either way those 2 groups of player are on defensive side of the ball and Marrone was so pose to be some sort of offensive guru.

D'allesandris >>>> Morris and Marrone. We miss him and his scheme. We miss chan running the O. Hackett is not ready to be an nfl OC right now.

In reality I can't name one group of players since Marrone took over that has improved noticeably with the exception of the linebackers. Maybe you could say the pass rush but either way those 2 groups of player are on defensive side of the ball and Marrone was so pose to be some sort of offensive guru.

How about the DLine? Chan had Mario, Dareus and Kyle. All three have played better since Marrone took over.

D'allesandris >>>> Morris and Marrone. We miss him and his scheme. We miss chan running the O. Hackett is not ready to be an nfl OC right now.

How about the DLine? Chan had Mario, Dareus and Kyle. All three have played better since Marrone took over.

This, Marrone has made wise decisions with his DC's and defensive staff. Offensively, the only player that doesn't look worse is Freddy, which is amazing considering that he is the oldest back in the league. Wood looks worse in large part due to not having Levitre next to him. Urbik should be peaking and Pears should be at the beginning of his twilight in his career at this point. The receivers that have been here for more than a season look better this year than last. I hate to say it, but Chan would have probably done better with our quarterback mess this offseason, and possibly turned EJ into a functional QB this season. So out of the offensive staff, the ones who appear to be doing a good job are Rob Moore WR's coach, Tyrone Wheatley RB's coach (Spiller being the exception), and Greg Atkins (TE's) while Hackett, Morris, and the supposed QB guru Downing have been less than impressive.

Funny I had somehthing written out ab the dline but deleted it lol. Yes they have improved you are right but I think it would take a lot to mess up our dline. It's also on the defensive side or ball and while im sure Marrone has more to do with the d than chan did, I don't give Marrone much credit for how the defense performs I put that more on the d coordinator. Marrone has had 2 solid ones during his first two years here.

Edited by Pills -N- Bills

I started a thread about this a couple of weeks ago. The regression of this line, that 2 years ago was one of the up and coming in the league is in my opinion Marrone's biggest and most damning failing so far in his head coaching tenure.

Whaley decided it would be a good idea to address the tire fires that were Colin Brown and Doug Legursky with Chris Williams. Then Marrone tries to out suck that move by making Pears the starting RG.

The good news now is Whaley can't go and sign the worst rated guards again since they already play for the team. Things can only get better right? That's what we thought when we got rid of Brown and Legursky. Meanwhile Urbik, who was once considered a decent RG is now rotting on the bench after Marrone took over. Funny how that works.

Marrone shouldn't be referred to as offensive minded coach ever again.

Maybe because he isn't? Pears is horrific. Wood has regressed as has Glenn, and Henderson and Richardson are rookies. What gives? Did Marrone ever take a Wunderlich test when he was a player, if so what was his score? Joe D. was such a genius compared to these clowns.

Biggest problem with the OL is former OTs playing guard. Richardson is coming along as a run blocker (if anyone disagrees, I challenge them to go watch Freddie's 1-yard TD run yesterday), but Pears is just way out of place. I keep saying it: you cannot root out a decade of OT instincts in a few practices. He's playing upright, over-tracking defenders coming on stunts, and he cannot pull or block on a screen.

I don't think Wood and Glenn have regressed per se, I just think that they're having to help out more than they did in previous years, and it's (a) reflecting poorly on them and (b) wearing them down more. We don't think about it in the context of an entire game, but consider how much more worn down a guy might be having to track and hit two different 250-lb guys on half the plays as opposed to one.