So Let's Pretend the NFL referreing isn't Fixed, Fire Blandino

patfitz

"Fixed", no. Incompetency, maybe! In all fairness to the officials, the "geniuses" on the NFL Rules Committee (coaches and owners) are the ones who have developed these ridiculous rules, many of which are highly interpretive. Roger and his gang need to realize they are turning a lot of us off by having to watch these flag fests. The officiating in the college ranks isn't perfect either, but is much less subjective and lets the players on the field usually determine the outcome without the refs getting involved.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched the game yesterday. I saw at least 4 horrendous calls go against the Bills. I want to try and be objective but it's becoming increasenly difficult.. How many bad calls went against the pats yesterday? I didn't see any bad calls that went the Bills way. NFL football is becoming too hard to watch. Yesterday I had to wonder if these officials could possibly be this incompetent. I get tired of listening to the pundits saying don't blame the refs, the team should be able to overcome the officilas, blah blah, blah. Well, I don't agree. Refs do cause outcomes to change, like it or not.

Typical officiating for a Bills=Pats game. All of the above - so infuriating. Thre was one where Gronk shoved McKelvin about 5 yards away and came back fo the catch. This was after Woods got called for a push off that was about 10% of what Gronk did. And not sure if anyone else noticed this and I can't remember the exact play but it was in the first half. There were two flags thrown, a big conference of the zebras, then the head guy trots over to the Pats sideline and has a big discussion with Bellicheat. Comes back on the field and calls offsetting penalties on both teams. It almost seemed to me like he was getting Bellyache's consult of what to do there. Offsetting penalties is about as basic as it gets. Why the long conversation with the visiting head coach? Makes me wonder if the two penalties were actually both on the Pats. And as others have stated, this is not just Bills games. You see it in games across the league where certain teams just get the calls (or mostly don't get called). All I ask is if they're going to call ticky-tack crap, do it to both teams.

Edited by Jukester

Douche....go back to NE loser!!!

Thats for you Jim in Anchorage, if you can't see the bull **** that the NFL is then go back to chasing moose. Bills got totally screwed by the refs today. Did it change t y e outcome...probably not, but it didn't help. Patriots get every call every week.....NFL is a joke.

Thats for you Jim in Anchorage, if you can't see the bull **** that the NFL is then go back to chasing moose. Bills got totally screwed by the refs today. Did it change the outcome...probably not, but it didn't help. Patriots get every call every week.....NFL is a joke.

I think the refs have been remarkably consistent this season.....at least in regards to the Bills games. By my count there have been 5 of our 6 games where the refs have made numerous bad calls against us, and numerous missed obvious calls against our opponents.....most in critical situations. That's pretty consistent.

i think theres an element of favoring big market teams and the most commercially profitable post-season match-ups like brady-manning

So the individual officials are sat down and told as a group or one on one that this team or that team must win? And not one of the hundreds of officials the NFL has employed has ever leaked this? The Mafia would admire such a a strict code of silence.

Please, if you can, put these clips together in a you tube video. Point out the players in the replays and show the double standard.

We as fans need to make this an issue.

PS: the replacement refs were better, because they were at least equally bad

I second that motion. Please put clips together and post. I'd like to see them.

Sorry guys, I already deleted the DVR. I have no idea how to vidcap my Time Warner DVR. If you could tell me how to do it, I'll be more than happy to post them in the future.

So the individual officials are sat down and told as a group or one on one that this team or that team must win? And not one of the hundreds of officials the NFL has employed has ever leaked this? The Mafia would admire such a a strict code of silence.

No its more subtle than that. I think bad calls that go against favored teams and matchups receive greater scrutiny. And everyone knows that big markets and marquee matchups generate more money for everybody, the officials know their compensation comes from the same pot. Even a casual media observer would know which teams and players are favored.

Typical officiating for a Bills=Pats game. All of the above - so infuriating. Thre was one where Gronk shoved McKelvin about 5 yards away and came back fo the catch. This was after Woods got called for a push off that was about 10% of what Gronk did. And not sure if anyone else noticed this and I can't remember the exact play but it was in the first half. There were two flags thrown, a big conference of the zebras, then the head guy trots over to the Pats sideline and has a big discussion with Bellicheat. Comes back on the field and calls offsetting penalties on both teams. It almost seemed to me like he was getting Bellyache's consult of what to do there. Offsetting penalties is about as basic as it gets. Why the long conversation with the visiting head coach? Makes me wonder if the two penalties were actually both on the Pats. And as others have stated, this is not just Bills games. You see it in games across the league where certain teams just get the calls (or mostly don't get called). All I ask is if they're going to call ticky-tack crap, do it to both teams.

Offsetting penalties on a punt, the receiving team has the option of the play or a rekick. The Hoodie went for the rekick and lost 18 yards (ball was on the fiddy, ended up on the Cheats 32 on the rekick). No conspiracy here, move along.

No its more subtle than that. I think bad calls that go against favored teams and matchups receive greater scrutiny. And everyone knows that big markets and marquee matchups generate more money for everybody, the officials know their compensation comes from the same pot. Even a casual media observer would know which teams and players are favored.

It's always the big market thing. So why has it been the Jets have not seen the SB since 1968?

It's always the big market thing. So why has it been the Jets have not seen the SB since 1968?

Because they can't make it look TOO obvious. You can only push "suck" so far (ie: polish a turd).

Anyway, there's no county in the country with a plurality of Jets fans in it. It's the Giants that take the NYC space and attention... They define the market. Jets are just the ugly green-headed step child filling up a void. They simply do not define any market.

I'm not so sure it's the "big market" thing, but it does seem to be one team over and over that one finds involved in horrible calls at key times helping them win games. We all know who* that is--the same team found to have cheated, with the League sweeping the extent of the cheating under the rug, and thought by many to have done much more (like screwing with opposition teams' headsets at their stadium, having an extra radio frequency on their own headsets, etc.). It's gotten so bad over the years that I always tell my wife before those games that I'll be happy either way so long as it isn't the refs who decide the outcome. I don't feel that way against any other team. That feeling is based on watching the same thing happen to us (and others as I recently noted in the thread on officiating) over and over and over again. How and why this is happening, no one here knows for sure, but I think we can all believe our eyes, no? And our eyes tell us that something odd is pretty clearly going on....

I wonder if the crew from yesterday has done any Denver games. If that was offensive pass interference against Watkins I don't know what I would call what Denver's receivers get away with. It kills me because San Diego and NE got called for pick plays against Denver in the playoffs last year, but I don't recall any against Dnver.