So Let's Pretend the NFL referreing isn't Fixed, Fire Blandino

patfitz

Than let's start a petition NFL wide to remove chief fool Dean Blandino. Things have deteriorated to the point the game is unwatchable. After 50 years I have never witnessed this type of debacle. This is more than disgusting it is unethical.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Than let's start a petition NFL wide to remove chief fool Dean Blandino. Things have deteriorated to the point the game is unwatchable. After 50 years I have never witnessed this type of debacle. This is more than disgusting it is unethical.

Wow good post, I am sure it well generate a lot of discussion. No mention of the mafia controlled LV betting machine? I used to wonder how the league got away with this stuff and why there was no investigative journalism done to uncover some of this crap but it is all about revenues, small market teams get screwed because of that man, it sucks to be a Bills fan!

I posted in a different thread that it is a theft of fans' money because it deprives them of the sports entertainment experience they are paying to watch.

If the NFL doesn't review at least three blatant calls including one that I have never seen called in the NFL,( patting a teamates helmet after a play) then comment on their review in public and fire some asses. Something is wrong, and games are surely fixed. except for one obvious make up call against the pats* that game was one of the worst. Even pats*' fans near us were commenting on what was happening.

I was incensed with the officiating today! At least 3 game changing calls that were no calls on the reviews. Call on Hughes patting his own guys helmet on a third down stop was grounds for dismissal. Incredible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I posted in a different thread that it is a theft of fans' money because it deprives them of the sports entertainment experience they are paying to watch.

The game is for "entertainment purposes only", so I think if you're not enjoying the entertainment you could stop watching. They never said the rules were fair, if they did that it would be less life like, wouldn't it? Do you think the gladiators or loins thought the games were fair? ;)

Edited by bowery4

Is there any legitimate avenue for drawing more attention to this? I think someone who has the games on DVR should likely make a youtube clip of these calls, so that it is documented.

There is that White House website where if you get a certain amount of signatures, the President must respond..... Is that a good start?

Any lawyers want to bring a lawsuit???

Any other ideas? I think this needs to get more attention nationally before anything happens.

There are 22 players on the field every play making contact with each other for 5-10 seconds on every play, and multiple infractions could be called on every play. Not only can the officials not see every infraction, even if they could, it would be ridiculous to see penalty flags on every play. Questionable officiating in the NFL(the calls for full time officials etc...) have been around since I've been watching games(late 60's). It is revisionist history to make it seem like this is a new issue or that it is worst than in past years.

The ability to review all scoring plays, and the coaches challenges have actually helped a lot in terms of making sure that game changing plays are called correctly, and don't impact the outcome of the game.

The OL/DL & WR/DB contact will always be more difficult to call on the field at full speed. Of course for those of us at home watching on 50" TV's in HD and in slo-mo, it is easy to be critical.

To me this hullabaloo over officiating is old news and a non-issue.

The game is for "entertainment purposes only", so I think if you're not enjoying the entertainment you could stop watching. They never said the rules were fair, if they did that it would be less life like, wouldn't it? Do you think the gladiators or loins thought the games were fair? ;)

I never thought the loins had a chance.

My favorite was at then end of the first half. Play starts at 1:09 to go. Orton takes a five step drop, scans the field, scrambles a bit in the pocket, is hit from behind, ball pops out, and is fallen on by a Patriot. The Pat is touched, and the ref signals it is the Pats' ball. Bilicek calls a timeout, and the ref grants it to him. On TV there is 48 sec on the clock. They reset it to 1:04. Amazing

You repeating that the refs were a non issue is a hullabaloo.

There's video you can refute if you want to stay on that.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/bills-player-gets-15-yard-penalty-for-apparently-slapping-own-teammate-214916390.html

Edited by Ryan L Billz

Is there any legitimate avenue for drawing more attention to this? I think someone who has the games on DVR should likely make a youtube clip of these calls, so that it is documented.

There is that White House website where if you get a certain amount of signatures, the President must respond..... Is that a good start?

Any lawyers want to bring a lawsuit???

Any other ideas? I think this needs to get more attention nationally before anything happens.

A SF fan did this for the Sea playoff game last year.

There are 22 players on the field every play making contact with each other for 5-10 seconds on every play, and multiple infractions could be called on every play. Not only can the officials not see every infraction, even if they could, it would be ridiculous to see penalty flags on every play. Questionable officiating in the NFL(the calls for full time officials etc...) have been around since I've been watching games(late 60's). It is revisionist history to make it seem like this is a new issue or that it is worst than in past years.

The ability to review all scoring plays, and the coaches challenges have actually helped a lot in terms of making sure that game changing plays are called correctly, and don't impact the outcome of the game.

The OL/DL & WR/DB contact will always be more difficult to call on the field at full speed. Of course for those of us at home watching on 50" TV's in HD and in slo-mo, it is easy to be critical.

I don't think anyone would disagree with this. The problem is, since this is the case, the refs essentially choose when and on who to call the flags. So they really are directing the games.

I'm sorry but this is a ridiculous post. Bad calls are just a part of football and fans should except that? I'd probably agree with you but even the bad calls aren't consistent. Consistency is the biggest problem Let me put it in other terms:

Each Umpire in a Baseball game has their own strike zone. They are fairly, if not very, consistent with where they call a ball and where they will call a strike, throughout the course of the game. They are asked to make a judgement call on something traveling 90+ mph in less then a second. It's a bang, bang type play.

Yet, in a football game the same official is not consistent with their pass interference calls, holding calls, and so on. That's a problem and it's ruining the game, IMO. I think all people are asking for is being consistent and when a former ref(who even commented on it during the game) says they aren't being consistent, that says it all.

My favorite was at then end of the first half. Play starts at 1:09 to go. Orton takes a five step drop, scans the field, scrambles a bit in the pocket, is hit from behind, ball pops out, and is fallen on by a Patriot. The Pat is touched, and the ref signals it is the Pats' ball. Bilicek calls a timeout, and the ref grants it to him. On TV there is 48 sec on the clock. They reset it to 1:04. Amazing

That was because hoodie called the timeout as soon as the pats recovered and the player was touched but the clock kept running. There were bad calls yesterday as there are every game, but that was not one.

You repeating that the refs were a non issue is a hullabaloo.

There's video you can refute if you want to stay on that.

http://sports.yahoo....-214916390.html

I love the announcer on this "these are those critical penalties, when your team gets a huge stop, that are going to get lost at the end of the game". This sums up why so many of us are so beyond pissed. These penalties affect the game so much, but aren't there on the box score to point out, so everyone just shrugs their shoulders and says "sore loser" or "conspiracy theorist" and of course "same old Bills'. F*** that. This is a joke.

This is a great point. So...ok the NFL isn't fixed, alright, well why the f**** isn't the person or persons in charge of officiating held accountable for the horrible garbage we see not only in Bills games every week but in almost every game????? I think all of us would agree that if we did our jobs this poorly for this long we'd have been fired long ago. Edited by ko12010