Which Bills units, players let team down most versus Pats?

mdk

We have to start passing to run instead of running to pass

I strongly disagree here, as the very last thing the Bills should have done is gotten into a shootout against Future HoF QB Tom Brady.

Run the ball successfully from the start, and play keep away from Brady just like the NY Giants did against Jim Kelly, and the Bills in their first SB.

Ya really want Kyle Orton to attempt a shootout against Brady? Fitz did it ...but the Bills were exceedingly lucky and got 4 INT's from Brady, and even then Brady almost brought them back for the win.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In my opinion, after 2 weeks the move to Orton has been CLEARLY the right move. The guy came on off the street and has thrown for basically back to back 300yd games after EJ never threw a single 300yd game in a season and a half.

Orton should still improve a bit once he gets more reps with starters.

Edited by bobobonators

I strongly disagree here, as the very last thing the Bills should have done is gotten into a shootout against Future HoF QB Tom Brady.

Run the ball successfully from the start, and play keep away from Brady just like the NY Giants did against Jim Kelly, and the Bills in their first SB.

Ya really want Kyle Orton to attempt a shootout against Brady? Fitz did it ...but the Bills were exceedingly lucky and got 4 INT's from Brady, and even then Brady almost brought them back for the win.

passing to setup the run has nothing to do with getting into a shootout . Its about using the short passing game to move the chains and keep us in favorable position .

On 1st and ten a completion for 4 yards is better than a negative or no gain run play .

At 5 weeks teams are looking our tendencies and they know that the first play is for Spiller . I wouldve came out in spread to start ran some trips sent sammie down the sideline on the first place and then ran some out of the trips simply because BB will study what your tendencies and they will be ready for it which they were .

Orton as the starter is clearly the right move. He clearly gives us the best chance to win. And ai like him. But he made numerous mistakes that killed us, as well as a bunch of very nice passes. There were at least four plays that he needs to get the ball out. The INT was terrible. The fumble was terrible. The difference in this game could easily have been the play that Orton was hit from behind and he fumbled on versus a similar play where Brady was hit from behind and remarkably held onto the ball.

The simple fact was Brady is one of the best QBs ever and he had a very good game even though he was flustered early. Orton is pretty good.

Orton as the starter is clearly the right move. He clearly gives us the best chance to win. And ai like him. But he made numerous mistakes that killed us, as well as a bunch of very nice passes. There were at least four plays that he needs to get the ball out. The INT was terrible. The fumble was terrible. The difference in this game could easily have been the play that Orton was hit from behind and he fumbled on versus a similar play where Brady was hit from behind and remarkably held onto the ball.

The simple fact was Brady is one of the best QBs ever and he had a very good game even though he was flustered early. Orton is pretty good.

The only difference in those two plays u describe is that Brady was hit on the non passing hand which absorbed the brunt of the force before Hughes' arm hit brady's passing hand. Had he made contact with his passing hand first that wouldve been a clear fumble. Watch the replay again to see what im talking about.

Sometimes luck is necessary.

What play did McKelvin give up on? I watched the long TD pass a number of times (Gilmore made a great play, btw - just bad luck that he scored) and the guy who was trailing was Graham. The announcers said McKelvin, but I don't think he was there. Can this be clarified?

mckelvin gave up on the long post touchdown the "triple covered" receiver touchdown. Tines or times or whatever the hell his name is. Mckelvin was seen speed walking in front of him basically not even attempting to make a play

mckelvin gave up on the long post touchdown the "triple covered" receiver touchdown. Tines or times or whatever the hell his name is. Mckelvin was seen speed walking in front of him basically not even attempting to make a play

it wasn't mckelvins guy but he was in position to make a play possibly with some effort

passing to setup the run has nothing to do with getting into a shootout . Its about using the short passing game to move the chains and keep us in favorable position .

On 1st and ten a completion for 4 yards is better than a negative or no gain run play .

At 5 weeks teams are looking our tendencies and they know that the first play is for Spiller . I wouldve came out in spread to start ran some trips sent sammie down the sideline on the first place and then ran some out of the trips simply because BB will study what your tendencies and they will be ready for it which they were .

I get what you are saying, and agree.

I just would rather see the Bills run the ball 40 times a game, and throw 20 times utilizing a whole lot of play action.

Sammy only saw the ball 3x for 2 catches, 27 yards. Its almost a crime to not get him the ball more, even in some run plays.

I just would rather see the Bills run the ball 40 times a game, and throw 20 times utilizing a whole lot of play action.

Sammy only saw the ball 3x for 2 catches, 27 yards. Its almost a crime to not get him the ball more, even in some run plays.

We dont have a Oline to run 40 times like that we are not overpowering anyone or strength is really our speed . we should be playing like the eagles speed up the game use a lot of motion and try to get our playmakers in space as much as possible . Fred is our Mccoy and Spiller is or Sproles

We cant run the ball 40x a game when theres no creativity in running game. Our guards arent good enough to dominate anyone either. This team may be better suited to set up the run by passing a bit more.

To consistently beat the best teams in the league, especially with an average QB, you gotta have a top tier coaching staff. The Bills have accumulated some talent (finally), but still have at best, an average coaching staff. That needs to be the next step moving forward, or they are gonna hit the ceiling at 9-7, 8-8 and stay there for a few seasons.

They still aren't in the running, and I don't believe they can get there with this staff.

Edited by HoF Watkins

We cant run the ball 40x a game when theres no creativity in running game. Our guards arent good enough to dominate anyone either. This team may be better suited to set up the run by passing a bit more.

Yeah, all this clamoring for running the ball is silly. I think people dreamed up this image for the team heading into the season "yeah, we're gonna run the ball, and not let EJM ( now Orton) lose the game", but this line isn't any good at run blocking!

It's just not a strength, so let go of that vision.

Anyone who can't see that Kyle Orton is eons better than EJ Manuel has zero football acumen. And I mean zero. Honestly give me one thing he does worse other than avoid sacks. He actually attempts passes to wide receivers- and completes most of them. Sometimes even before the receiver makes their break. This team is in good hands with Orton. He is only going to get better as he gets more comfortable with the offense. The gap between Orton and Manuel is about as big as the gap between Aaron Rodgers and Orton. And that is not hyperbole, I sincerely mean that.

Which play was it when he didn't lock onto his receiver? He is NOT the future. That is as good as it gets. He is starting for this team for a reason. You sir have homer acumen that is off the charts. And that is not hyperbole, I sincerely mean that.

it wasn't mckelvins guy but he was in position to make a play possibly with some effort

Just watched the overhead view of the play on football night in america. Mckelvin was 10 or so yards behind the play when he let up (right before the receiver crossed the goal line). He had no chance to impact the play.

Harrison and Dungy blamed Corey Graham, showing how he bit on play action and let the receiver get way past him. McKelvin was covering someone else in the general vicinity and wasn't really part of the play.

Edited by dave mcbride

This is pretty much my point. I am not confident in the offense with Orton. He's gonna make a few great throws and he's the best we got but I think both he and EJ suck and we have a huge problem. Being the better if these two isn't hard

I feel that is exactly right. The coaching below Marrone absolutely stinks at many levels!

I think the talent is there with Richardson, as the guy was a dominate beast in college, and yea Pears sucks baaaaad. Still, with better coaching I think this team can run, and run hard for better results then what we have seen the last two years.

Leodis and CJ are just losers - those two are both stupid and uncompetitive and I'm tired of having players like that on our team. Bench both of them.

Duke Williams isn't ready for the big leagues - he sucks.

Glenn and Henderson were terrible today. Richardson was ok, not great - he needs to work on his functional strength. For a big dude, he gets pushed around.

Schwartz got out coached - he had no answer for the Pats' second half adjustments. I'm not a fan of that guy, he is stubborn and not nearly as smart as he thinks he is.

The NFL let us down yet again today with its biased, inconsistent and generally crappy officiating. I'm just so tired of it. Honestly this season has been ruined by the officiating and all of the off of the field stuff - Mark Cuban was right. Pigs get slaughtered. Many of these games are trash and I hope the fans revolt soon.

Hear hear Coach, it is really leaving me with doubts about the integrity of the game. It's gotten to the point that if I wasn't from Buffalo and a die-hard Bills fan, I wouldn't give a rat's ass about the NFL ....

- Schwartz - called a terrible game. Where was the A/B gap pressure? Why are our corners playing 10 yds off their terrible WRs.

- CJ - is the softest player I've ever seen play football. He's clearly playing not to get hurt.

- Mario Williams - he's been virtually indetectable this year.

- OT's - what you saw today was a vintage Seantrel Henderson game - his mind will never be in 16 games. Glenn was inconsistent at b

- The entire secondary - it's tough to cover WRs when Brady has 10 seconds in the pocket and the DC is not dialing up any pressure.

sorry, but you do realize today was Henderson's 6th career start? Are you being fair/realistic in your assessment? and how do you know what is inside hie mind?