A Football Life-Doug Flutie

I had no idea there were Bills fans who hated this guy. He was thrilling to watch, played with heart, and won games with a bad offense.

And the fact that he was the last QB to get us to the playoffs 14 years ago.

Doesn't seem logical.

Agree; I had no idea too. I thought it was more of a RJ vs. Flutie debate, not hatred of either guy.

I was an RJ guy myself, but thought flutie was great. I still remember being at the bills/jags game when he ran in the game winner; was as great a sports moment I have ever been a part of.

He played well for us (at an age when most QBs have retired), and then went on to have pretty decent years in SD too.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jack Kemp? Joe Ferguson?

i am guessing you are in your 20s or younger?

i see your knowledge of this is limited too. they held TN offense to 13 points and had the lead with 10 secs left. that team was all defense.

After thinking about it, I would really say no.1 and no.2 were on the same team. Frank the tank Reich!

That's the REAL Flutie Curse.

word

+1

Johnson only completed 10 passes, sacked 6 times including a safety, fumbled the ball deep in Titans territory, and threw for zero TD's that game. Johnson only played good for 2 minutes of the game and that's what some people only remember and act as if he played great all game long.

I enjoyed the episode last night and it brought back some good memories of when Flutie was the Bills QB and when the Bills were in the playoffs.

+1

The biggest boneheaded decision in franchise history.

I'll plus 1, your plus one.

Well said.

Ps. I didnt recall Rj numbers being that bad. Yuck.

But honestly what can you expect. The idiot loser would get sacked almost once per drive.

Once we can collectively agree that Flutie was an overrated piece of crap. Then, yes.

Man did the midget take your girlfriend from you in High School? I can comprehend something like that. Or did he cut in line in front of you and you couldnt get into bingo night? I really dont understand.

I think we all agree that Doug way way > Rj.

He was not elite either. But he was good enough to win games. Sometimes that's all you need!

The hate is just not worthy.

Will y'all please just let this thread die already?

Not yet.

Worst. Bill. Ever.

And yes ... that includes OJ, Hardy and Maybin.

He's the worst and I celebrated the day he left for good.

I must be the only person who hates Billy Joe Hobert and Willis McGahee above all else.

That said, I never understand the OJ hate. The dude put the Bills on the map before going on to amuse and entertain us in numerous classic comedy movies. The dude has one bad day and everybody's in his schitt.

I must be the only person who hates Billy Joe Hobert and Willis McGahee above all else.

That said, I never understand the OJ hate. The dude put the Bills on the map before going on to amuse and entertain us in numerous classic comedy movies. The dude has one bad day and everybody's in his schitt.

I dont know about taking Gugny serious....

How could Maybin be better than Flutie? Maybin was drafted for our anemic pass rush. We were all expecting a sack machine. Maybin carreer stats. 15 TACKLES ZERO SACKS IN 27 GAMES PLAYED.

Jj watt does more in 1 game than Maybin did in his whole damn career.

Yet Gugny thinks Maybin is better than Flutie. Really........

Now we can close the thread.

What happens in Vegas.........Stays in Vegas.

28qykye.jpg

Edited by sherpa

I dont know about taking Gugny serious....

How could Maybin be better than Flutie? Maybin was drafted for our anemic pass rush. We were all expecting a sack machine. Maybin carreer stats. 15 TACKLES ZERO SACKS IN 27 GAMES PLAYED.

Jj watt does more in 1 game than Maybin did in his whole damn career.

Yet Gugny thinks Maybin is better than Flutie. Really........

Now we can close the thread.

People continue to hold Maybin responsible for being drafted too early.

Yes. He should have stopped and said, "Mr. Commissioner, thanks for the neat hat, but I really shouldn't be a first round pick."

Maybin, at least, TRIED to become better. Maybin never pretended to be something he wasn't just for personal gain. Maybin seemed to have genuine interest in team wins.

My dislike of Flutie has nothing to do with his on-field sucktitude. And make no mistake .. he sucked. I consider Flutie the worst Bill ever because he was a crappy teammate and he was a fraud.

I stand by everything I've stated with regard to the little prick.

Yes. He should have stopped and said, "Mr. Commissioner, thanks for the neat hat, but I really shouldn't be a first round pick."

Maybin, at least, TRIED to become better. Maybin never pretended to be something he wasn't just for personal gain. Maybin seemed to have genuine interest in team wins.

My dislike of Flutie has nothing to do with his on-field sucktitude. And make no mistake .. he sucked. I consider Flutie the worst Bill ever because he was a crappy teammate and he was a fraud.

I don't really understand the 'fraud' thing, much less the suggestion that Flutie didn't 'try'. What was Flutie 'pretending' to be?

yes those touchdowns and wins were fake! all those stupid scrambles for positive yards and first downs were actually sacks! He tried to act like he wanted to win but he hated winning, his BC hail mary pass was actually an INT that his friend accidentally caught. I hate all fake players who do this and only are here to "be successful" and "make it" in the NFL. selfish aholes!

yes those touchdowns and wins were fake! all those stupid scrambles for positive yards and first downs were actually sacks! He tried to act like he wanted to win but he hated winning, his BC hail mary pass was actually an INT that his friend accidentally caught. I hate all fake players who do this and only are here to "be successful" and "make it" in the NFL. selfish aholes!

Finally. Someone has seen the light. Thank you.

(seriously ... the BC luckiest pass in the world? You give that little dick credit for that?)

I don't really understand the 'fraud' thing, much less the suggestion that Flutie didn't 'try'. What was Flutie 'pretending' to be?

Flutie knew damn well he wasn't good enough to win meaningful games. He knew he could read a defense about as well as Vince Young could read War and Peace. Flutie's only goal was to be a starter. That was his end game. Team wins were not.

Finally. Someone has seen the light. Thank you.

(seriously ... the BC luckiest pass in the world? You give that little dick credit for that?)

Of course not, anyone could have scrambled around the DE, thrown a 60 yard pass over the defense of the defending national champs and directly into his favorite WRs hands.

And I don't give him credit for the other 400 yards he had that day either. And I certainly don't give him credit for the other 10,000 yards he has passing that season!! Anyone could have done that (even if no one else had ever done it before).

Edited by KD in CT

Of course not, anyone could have scrambled around the DE, thrown a 60 yard pass over the defense of the defending national champs and directly into his favorite WRs hands.

And I don't give him credit for the other 400 yards he had that day either. And I certainly don't give him credit for the other 10,000 yards he has passing that season!! Anyone could have done that (even if no one else had ever done it before).

Tebow.

See what I mean. Who the hell would do that Gugny?

Also what do you mean he tried...

His 2nd year he got worse. 4 tackles in 11 games is not trying imo. Still no sacks.

He had a lucky year. Even his best year was not even that good. 2011 with Jets 10 tackles. That's nothing. 6 sacks is good. However in 13 games is barely average. Not even average ON HIS BEST YEAR.

But according to you he tries hard. He regressed the next year after a lucky season. 8 games 1 tackle no sacks again. Ouch dude. Like really. These #s are embarassing. 6 sacks in 4 years or 48 total games played.... Again. Ouch.

Tebow.

Typical player hater

There was a ghost winning 3 canadian championships too.

See what I mean. Who the hell would do that Gugny?

Also what do you mean he tried...

His 2nd year he got worse. 4 tackles in 11 games is not trying imo. Still no sacks.

He had a lucky year. Even his best year was not even that good. 2011 with Jets 10 tackles. That's nothing. 6 sacks is good. However in 13 games is barely average. Not even average ON HIS BEST YEAR.

But according to you he tries hard. He regressed the next year after a lucky season. 8 games 1 tackle no sacks again. Ouch dude. Like really. These #s are embarassing. 6 sacks in 4 years or 48 total games played.... Again. Ouch.

Typical player hater

Typical player hater? Are you trying to tell me that Tebow was not awesome in college, only to become a colossal flop in the NFL? (that really is how the story went)

And as far as Maybin, I'm not disputing that he sucked. He sucked. But that's not what this is about.

Edited by Gugny